It was the Jets...not Sam Darnold – NFL Week 3 Carolina Panthers Game Tape Breakdown by Kurt Warner

undertow

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

In fairness, Joe Douglas believed this to be true. Making it that much more hilarious that he traded him.

Rumor was that Saleh wanted to keep Sam, too.

Cant make that sh*t up.

So, he trades Sam purely for salary cap purposes, then proceeds to only target tier 2 free agents and sit in the money. 

Cosmo Kramer Mind Blown GIF

Sam would be 0-3 right now and looking every bit as bad as he looked the previous 3 years.

Don't let JD's comments fool you.  He traded Sam because ZW is a superior prospect. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Sam would be 0-3 right now and looking every bit as bad as he looked the previous 3 years.

Don't let JD's comments fool you.  He traded Sam because ZW is a superior prospect. 

I don’t debate hypotheticals. It tends to be circuitous and inane.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I don’t debate hypotheticals. It tends to be circuitous and inane.

what exactly is this?

"So, he trades Sam purely for salary cap purposes, then proceeds to only target tier 2 free agents and sit in the money. "

When you write things like that as if it's fact it should be disputed is all..

5 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

In fairness, Joe Douglas believed this to be true. Making it that much more hilarious that he traded him.

Rumor was that Saleh wanted to keep Sam, too.

Cant make that sh*t up.

So, he trades Sam purely for salary cap purposes, then proceeds to only target tier 2 free agents and sit in the money. 

Cosmo Kramer Mind Blown GIF

so even if Sam is at best middle of the road does that help us in this division?

with Josh Allen, Bill and soon to be Watson in Miami. a QB who is middle of the road is a last place QB in this division.

thats what JD saw.  and we all will see it this year. Sam plays our division.

5 hours ago, DoubleDown said:

It's too early to reach any definitive conclusions, but...

The narrative that Darnold could not become even a middle of the pack quarterback is looking pretty foolish right now.

That one uber-Sam hater is going to be really pissed about this. 

Because he was so wrong in about a thousand posts. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

what exactly is this?

"So, he trades Sam purely for salary cap purposes, then proceeds to only target tier 2 free agents and sit in the money. "

When you write things like that as if it's fact it should be disputed is all..

When he holds a press conference and literally says “I believe Sam is going to be very good, we’d love him here, but we want to reset the rookie salary cap window” and the players he signs aren’t tier 1 FAs… then these would be “things that actually happened”.

You saying what Sam would do if still here is a hypothetical.

These are categorically different statements. If yo want to debate what I said, do it using something g that is or can be proven. Sam’s results if he stayed here are not that.

43 minutes ago, doitny said:

so even if Sam is at best middle of the road does that help us in this division?

with Josh Allen, Bill and soon to be Watson in Miami. a QB who is middle of the road is a last place QB in this division.

thats what JD saw.  and we all will see it this year. Sam plays our division.

Sam playing our division as a Panther =/= same result as a Jet.

I don’t know why people make this style argument so often. You can’t just switch one variable and conclude/assume results.

5 hours ago, Nixhead said:

We all knew that Sam would be a lot better in Carolina. He hasn't hit a rough patch yet - he will. By year 3 for Wilson I expect Wilson to be better than Sam is now. I do. I do I do I fukin do! Wilson better be better!

By year 3, Zach is going to get injured mid season and 56 year old backup Ben Roethlisberger comes in and looks slightly above mediocre for a couple games. Jets fans everywhere scream that this is damning evidence that Zach sucks. Zach ends up getting traded to the Colts in the off-season for a pile of scraps and ends up winning 3 Super Bowls with them.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Sam playing our division as a Panther =/= same result as a Jet.

I don’t know why people make this style argument so often. You can’t just switch one variable and conclude/assume results.

i totally agree.

i thought you were one of those sam fans who do make that argument

15 hours ago, undertow said:

I was going to post this myself but then thought folks are going to think I am defending Darnold’s bad play at times.  I am not but the fact is that the Jets look awful this year, awful and Darnold wished he had the talent on paper around him that the Jets do now. 

People don’t realize that Darnold was the youngest staring QB in NFL history and he was NOT a finished product when he came out of USC and NEEDED development and nurturing.

Again Darnold wasn’t a “cant miss prospect “ despite what his sycophantic fan boys were telling me then…

I warned then that the Jets if they didn’t groom Sam would ruin him but was told “you either have it or you don’t”

Yea that  made sense…..no QB in history alone has ever lifted the worst talent in the league to a championship but Sam Darnold is supposed to!! I don’t think so  

Indeed Sam got exactly the opposite of that which he needed and deserved and then was somehow blamed for the horrific play of the Jets.  

Watch the tape Darnold has happy feet and is not as decisive as he was when he was a Rookie!  So yes Darnold’s time on the Jets impacted him ……it made him worse!! And the tape don’t lie. 

So no it wasn’t  Darnold’s fault then or NOW and it never will be. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1