7 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Here is a breakdown of the cap space that Joe Douglas "sits on":

Trumaine Johnson $8 million

Sam Darnold $5 million

LeVeon Bell  $4 million

Quincy Enunwa  $3.6 million

Kelechi Osemele $3.12 million

Henry Anderson $1.3 million

Imagine being responsible for $24 million of mistakes from a previous disaster of a GM made THREE years ago. Do you think JD would have made more signings if he had an additional $24 MILLION to spend?

And he shouldn't take the blame for those. Maybe i'm wrong but I thought he's rolled over a lot of money both this year and last. 

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

And he shouldn't take the blame for those. Maybe i'm wrong but I thought he's rolled over a lot of money both this year and last. 

Of course he rolled over cap space. It's what you do during teardown years. This year, he was paying out $24 million to players on other teams. 

5 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

3 years in and this is absolutely unacceptable.

Can't blame Maccagnan anymore. This is his operation and the results are dire. Cannot trust this man with next year's draft having overseen this debacle. 

Pull the plug. Do it now before anymore damage is done.

Let get rid of the one guy in the org putting us on the right path...smart move any lot brilliant observations or suggestions you can offer?

The stupidity of some positions is shocking in even the most shocking of circumstances.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Origen said:

At some point in 2019 he sat down with the Johnson's and said something like:

We're going to spend the next 2 years getting rid of sh*t contracts and bringing on as many flyers as we can.  We're not going to sign anyone to anything over a 1 year deal unless they are special.  We'll have new everything in 2021 with a bunch of kids, so we'll suck, and we all know this is going to happen.  Then we'll see who among the flyers taken is worthy of staying.  2022 we will use the large amount of accumulated draft picks and saved up cap space to sign higher dollar free agents to the positions of need that they weren't able to catch lightning in a bottle with from those flyers taken the previous year or the 1 year prove it deals.  Then, you have a reasonably seasoned QB and the team built around him and a process that can feed itself moving forward.

I'm sure the Johnson boys saw that and said, "Okay, lets sign you to a 6 year deal and see it through" and are happily looking forward to the second part of his plan to begin.  So get ready for 3 more years of all the pain to start paying off because he is going nowhere.

This is EXACTLY what happened and is happening.

JD had a plan, I think it was a good plan - it's what was necessary.  I'm happy they're letting him follow through with it...

The problem is JD's first draft isn't looking very good and his two big ticket FA's (Lawson and Davis) Lawson's injured and may never be the same - Davis is a #2 kinda WR with sh*tty hands.

The question the Johnsons have to ask themselves..

The hard part is over.  The cap is clean, not a lot of dead weight, you have your QB but do you trust JD to make 4 picks that are likely to be in the top 45 (two in the top 10)

• Upvote 2

JD had a plan, I think it was a good plan - it's what was necessary.  I'm happy they're letting him follow through with it...
The problem is JD's first draft isn't looking very good and his two big ticket FA's (Lawson and Davis) Lawson's injured and may never be the same - Davis is a #2 kinda WR with sh*tty hands.
The hard part is over.  The cap is clean, not a lot of dead weight, you have your QB but do you trust JD to make 4 picks that are likely to be in the top 45 (two in the top 10)
I think the biggest problem is coaching staff ... i simply dont see it working.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

another overreacting thread. im surprised at you Irish. your not one of those guys.

was today bad ..yes. but you need to take account of some things...

1. we lost Zach early. White played nice but lets be honest, it was garbage time early. they were giving him a lot of those throws. and for the short time Zach was there he made one throw at the feet out of 10 passes. i would have love to see if he could keep that up.

2. defense was horrible but they finally played like we thought they would all year. just think of the defense that JD built. that wasn't out there today. we were missing Lawson, Mosely and Jarrad Davis. cant blame JD for injuries.

3. we do not have backup talent like that. we can not afford to lose our starters. there is a big drop off. and today was bad. how many guys got hurt today? i remember Fant was out for a bit. we loss Cashman and Sherwood at about the same time. who was left to play LB..Philips. ? Quincy William and Ty Johnson got hurt too. 

yeah i know its JD fault for having subpar talent on the bench. how dare he not have Bart Scott and JJ Watts ready to fill in after injuries.

Sherwood had no business calling the defense. yeah i know it comes in from the sideline but he is suppose to spot the offense and change the defense call. but he doesnt have the pro IQ for that yet. if Mosely is there this is a much different game. he spots alot of what there doing and adjusts the defense. 

we cant sit here and say....we lost, only wins matter and nothing else.... OMG we got blown out....FIRE EVERYONE!!!. 

you need to look at what i said above. Mosely is irreplaceable on our young defense. hes the QB there. replacing him with Sherwood is like replacing TB12 with Mike White.

fire JD at the end of the year and you just might find the next guy to be worst. and maybe after a year of growing pains this team is winning 8-10 games next year. with JDs players. 

and JD had 2 FA and 2 drafts. there is nobody who is going to replace JD thats any good after you fired the guy in front of him after 2 years. no GM candidate is going to count 2019 when by the time JD got here there were only scrub FA and PS guys left to get... that no other team wanted.

if you hire a coach in June then the games count in 2019. but a GMs job is to get the players. and you do 90% of it in March and April and May. if your GM is not here to sign or draft the best talent then that year doesn't count. 

• Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Complain all you want, his seat is not feeling anywhere close to mildly toasty until the end of next season. 

This is likely true, and extremely unfortunate.  I think my feelings on how bad Macc was were well documented, but Douglas has had two drafts, and the team remains completely non-competitive.  He has failed.  This year didn't need to be playoffs or bust, but the fact that we're going to pick top 3 again, there's just no way to justify that.  Add to that, his handpicked QB gives you absolutely no reason to be optimistic, and there's nothing to make you think any of this will get better any time soon.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

LaFleur needs to go. He made zero adjustments despite all the bullsh*t he promised. I know a lot of fault lies with Zach, but instead of demanding the rookie conform to your offense, try something that takes advantage of his skills. 

Which are?

5 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

3 years in and this is absolutely unacceptable.

Can't blame Maccagnan anymore. This is his operation and the results are dire. Cannot trust this man with next year's draft having overseen this debacle. 

Pull the plug. Do it now before anymore damage is done.

No, he doesn't.

The mentality of the revolving door of 1st time GM's, 1st time coaches, 1st time OC, 1st time DC's is what has to end.

Of all the people this joke of an organization has put us through this last decade, Douglas is the ONE guy I actually believe in.  

HOWEVER....it might be time for the fans to walk away from this joke of a franchise until either one of two things happens.

1) The Johnsons are forced to sell the team because of continually low attendance which loses them millions and millions of dollars.

2) The Johnsons are forced to open the cheque book and pay people with actual experience.

I actually like the players Douglas has drafted and  brought in.  But people have to understand that this much continual losing would weigh on the best of players. One thing is for certain.  Matt LaFleur is an utter JOKE of an OC.  Adam Gase may have been better, and that is saying alot.

3 hours ago, Origen said:

At some point in 2019 he sat down with the Johnson's and said something like:

We're going to spend the next 2 years getting rid of sh*t contracts and bringing on as many flyers as we can.  We're not going to sign anyone to anything over a 1 year deal unless they are special.  We'll have new everything in 2021 with a bunch of kids, so we'll suck, and we all know this is going to happen.  Then we'll see who among the flyers taken is worthy of staying.  2022 we will use the large amount of accumulated draft picks and saved up cap space to sign higher dollar free agents to the positions of need that they weren't able to catch lightning in a bottle with from those flyers taken the previous year or the 1 year prove it deals.  Then, you have a reasonably seasoned QB and the team built around him and a process that can feed itself moving forward.

I'm sure the Johnson boys saw that and said, "Okay, lets sign you to a 6 year deal and see it through" and are happily looking forward to the second part of his plan to begin.  So get ready for 3 more years of all the pain to start paying off because he is going nowhere.

All of this is true and wholly independent of the fact that the drafts have been bad, and they haven't added meaningful talent to get to "the second part."

2 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

2) The Johnsons are forced to open the cheque book and pay people with actual experience.

Experienced head coaches like Adam Gase who was paid $5 million a year? If one trope needs to end, it's that Woody Johnson is cheap. He is not cheap. He is many things, but one of them is not cheap.

51 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Joe Douglas is here for 3 more years minimum and should be extended soon as he is putting together a roster that will be competing for a Super Bowl in 2023.

Its coming Jet fans.  Sit tight!

This shtick grows more absurd by the week.

5 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I think this is all on Saleh ... his player player friendly rah rah approach is failing ... and his nepotistic hire of Mike LaFleur does not seem to be working out.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I'd have to agree here. The defense looked like it had some potential in a few games. But this youth movement thing is just a disaster.  And Jd allowing Saleh to hire, not one but two rookie coordinators, is just mind boggling. As a rookie HC, you have to surround yourself around mentors on both sides of the ball.  This was doomed to fail from the beginning.  I really would not be upset if we even went 0-17 if we at least played competiveitly and were developing Wilson. But neither has occured and wont.   Whats to do now that Zach is more than likely out for the year. You know that JD or Saleh ae going anywhere. They're here whether you like it or not.  But JD needs to step up and put his foot down for next year and get rid of LaFleur.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

the team remains completely non-competitive.  He has failed. 

The first part is absolutely true. This team is non-competitive, and I will not even attempt to argue against that. 

As far as JD being a failure. Are we going to keep going in this circle? This team was authorized by the Johnson's to be torn down. Joe Douglas walked into a disaster area and was tasked to tear it down and rebuild from the bottom up. It is impossible to rebuild and be competitive, if you are rebuilding correctly. $24 million is being spent on players who are playing for other teams. You don't have to like the rebuild. You don't have to enjoy the rebuild. You don't even have to watch the rebuild, but that doesn't change that this team is in a full on rebuild. Does this mean that that rebuild is guaranteed to work? Not at all. It's silly to say that JD is a failure when he is doing exactly what he was brought in to do. It's silly to call him a failure during a rebuild. If you want to get mad at anyone, get mad at the Johnson's for signing failures like Idzik and Mike Maccagnan. 2022 won't even be the first year without Mike Maccagnan's awful contracts. I like CJ Mosely but that guy can't get on the field. 

• Upvote 1

Douglas and idzik are so far the same GM. The only difference is Douglas looks the part and that's enough for some people.

Both inherited bad teams, spent a year tearing the team down and trading away any player that could get an asset back,  accumulated draft picks and proceeded to whiff on the majority of them, made horrible signings in FA and put out a horrible product.

Nobody cares about a plan. Anybody can have a plan. Executing it is all that matters and si far Douglas is a complete and utter failure who looks like he doesnt have a clue what he is doing. Just like Idzik. Same plan. Same results. Except an even worse and unwatchable team.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Besides the guard, who we had to trade up for, who exactly do we like?  Bryce Hall?

I still like this last draft. Wish we didn’t have a high school OC running the offense. Maybe we could see a bit more development. 
But I do like Michael Carter II and Echols. Think they’ll both be good moving forward. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Biggs said:

This is year 3 of the tear down.  He gets another year to pour the foundation.   Framing starts in 2023.  I hear the master bath has a bidet for Woody.  

Hey you are not allowed to say "master".  Thats what I heard. 

3 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

The first part is absolutely true. This team is non-competitive, and I will not even attempt to argue against that. 

As far as JD being a failure. Are we going to keep going in this circle? This team was authorized by the Johnson's to be torn down. Joe Douglas walked into a disaster area and was tasked to tear it down and rebuild from the bottom up. It is impossible to rebuild and be competitive, if you are rebuilding correctly. $24 million is being spent on players who are playing for other teams. You don't have to like the rebuild. You don't have to enjoy the rebuild. You don't even have to watch the rebuild, but that doesn't change that this team is in a full on rebuild. Does this mean that that rebuild is guaranteed to work? Not at all. It's silly to say that JD is a failure when he is doing exactly what he was brought in to do. It's silly to call him a failure during a rebuild. If you want to get mad at anyone, get mad at the Johnson's for signing failures like Idzik and Mike Maccagnan. 2022 won't even be the first year without Mike Maccagnan's awful contracts. I like CJ Mosely but that guy can't get on the field. 

He's failed because his first two drafts have been bad.  I'm fully aware that he was brought in to rebuild and I also know what rebuilding means, even without your lecture.  However:

Becton - Doesn't play - wildly overrated rookie year followed by disastrous start to year 2.

Mims - Doesn't play

Davis - Just started playing - hasn't shown anything

Zuniga - Out of the league

Perine - Doesn't play

Morgan - Panthers practice squad

Clark - Probable cut if not IR'd

Hall - Actually looks to belong in the NFL (horray!)

Mann - I mean, he found a punter!

His first draft is essentially a disaster by any measure, and the second isn't looking much better.  This isn't a young team taking it's lumps.  It's a young team being bad, with not one thing to look towards as a reason it'll get better.

There's not one player you know will be here, and be a big part of the future two years from now.  The only guy you may be able to apply that too is the guard we traded up for.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I still like this last draft. Wish we didn’t have a high school OC running the offense. Maybe we could see a bit more development. 
But I do like Michael Carter II and Echols. Think they’ll both be good moving forward. 

Echols, Michael Carter II, Bryce Hall, and we're still in the market for a CB1.  We're talking about the bottom of the roster, with Hall hopefully being a guy you can have as your 2nd CB.  Elijah Moore has been largely invisible, Zach Wilson gives you no reason to believe he'll ever be good, Sherwood ain't it.  Again, I'm hopeful we got a 10-year Guard, but it was extremely expensive to do so.

3 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

He's failed because his first two drafts have been bad.

I stopped here because if the rest of your diarrheatribe is anything as bad as your first sentence, I will probably get real diarrhea reading it. His drafts have not been bad, and repeating yourself doesn't make it true.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I stopped here because if the rest of your diarrheatribe is anything as bad as your first sentence, I will probably get real diarrhea reading it. His drafts have not been bad, and repeating yourself doesn't make it true.  

I mean, I suppose a person can call any point in a discussion they don't like stupid, if they feel no burden or obligation to defend their point of view.  Frankly, you sound like one of those idiots who closes their eyes and sticks their fingers in their ears, yelling "fake news" because they just heard something they don't like.  So, yeah, go sh*t your pants or whatever it is you apparently do when something comes along that causes you distress.

• Upvote 4

Just now, ZachEY said:

I mean, I suppose a person can call any point in a discussion they don't like stupid, if they feel no burden or obligation to defend their point of view.  Frankly, you sound like one of those idiots who closes their eyes and sticks their fingers in their ears, yelling "fake news" because they just heard something they don't like.  So, yeah, go sh*t your pants or whatever it is you apparently do when something comes along that causes you distress.

loop GIF by bigblueboo

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Great except for the part where you put your potential franchise QB behind a journeyman/tier 2 OL and either ruin him (see Carr, David) or incur a season ending injury.