QW is the most over rated defensive lineman in the NFL

hmhertz

Just now, sec101row23 said:

Q is talented, he just lacks the motor to be considered a legit difference maker up front.  

That's so much worse than a dude who busts his ass and overachieves beyond his innate talent level to achieve the same result.

Watched the tackle Simmons dominate the first half for Tennessee last night.  3 sacks and a near safety that turned into an interception leading to a TD.  More impactful than anything we've seen from Quinnen in a full game.  Hard to fathom fact that we have had 4 top six picks in a 5 year period.  A safety, 2 interior linemen, and a QB.  To date 3 are gone without a second contract and Q is looking pretty iffy though I think he will at least get his option picked up.   Tough way to build a team for sure...     

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Chewy and the Jets said:

Watched the tackle Simmons dominate the first half for Tennessee last night.  3 sacks and a near safety that turned into an interception leading to a TD.  More impactful than anything we've seen from Quinnen in a full game.  Hard to fathom fact that we have had 4 top six picks in a 5 year period.  A safety, 2 interior linemen, and a QB.  To date 3 are gone without a second contract and Q is looking pretty iffy though I think he will at least get his option picked up.   Tough way to build a team for sure...     

You can't trade away talent for magic beans (AKA draft picks) unless some sprout into beanstalks...

10 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Josh Allen had a sack and INT yesterday vs. the Bills, 

just sayin

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

And a fumble recovery

In 3 years, that was his first INT and fumble recovery. Let's not act like he is doing that every other game. He also had 2.5 sacks last year in 8 games. There are plenty of games where he vanishes just like Q does. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

In 3 years, that was his first INT and fumble recovery. Let's not act like he is doing that every other game. He also had 2.5 sacks last year in 8 games. There are plenty of games where he vanishes just like Q does. 

How did I get saddled into this conversation lol

Agreed.

Ironically Leonard Williams was actually pretty underrated by our fanbase and was a far better player. Didn’t quite get the sack numbers but was a constant disrupter and excellent against the run. Honestly the way people talked about him toward the end of his tenure was pretty laughable. People unironically calling him a JAG when he’s been one of the best in the game since his rookie year. He wasn’t worth the contract and drafting Q forced our hand but it’s a shame we couldn’t keep him.

Q does nothing for 95% of the game, actually gets targeted in the run game and then shows up for a few big plays which make his stat sheet look good.

I’d be far more comfortable paying Foley who’ll likely be a lot cheaper - Just a far more consistent player. I can see the JFM contract being a problem down the line but we’ll have to live with it and hope he starts making plays. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I'd take him over Q. Will and wouldnt even think twice.  

Saw the topic title and literally thought the same thing..Simmons put on a clinic last night. QW is average and was not worth the draft position and I hope we don’t pay the man.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

30 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Q is talented, he just lacks the motor to be considered a legit difference maker up front.  

Having a motor, being relentless is a talent. Williams is a bum, plays the opposite of

all gas, no breaks. At least our last mistake named Williams didn't play lazy

• Thumb Down 2

8 minutes ago, undertow said:

Q is a good player the problem is we take interior lineman in the top 5 and expect them to be Aaron Donald...there's like one of those guys at the position.  It's another position the Jets choose to take high when it should be filled in other ways.

I'd rather have Autry, than our over hyped, little effort giving mock draft star.

and Becton stinks too, Fant does a better job protecting the blind site

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Is it safe again to use the "B" word for Q?

He's not a bust.  But he's also not a guy you absolutely have to extend beyond his rookie deal.

It'll be interesting to see if Douglas gives him the 5th year option.  The deadline on that decision will be coming up in May 2022.  I believe it would cost a minimum of $10.3M.

• Upvote 2