The All Things Zach Wilson Thread: MERGED

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

If we had the choice all over again, would anyone besides @Uncle Nicco and @Jet Nut draft Zach instead of Jones?

You would be the one to ask this ridiculous question.

Using your logic the Jags would take Mac over Lawrence, the Jets would take Mac over ZW, the 49rs Mac over Lance and the Bears would take Mac over Fields

I'd bet not one of those teams takes the switch 

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Using your logic the Jags would take Mac over Lawrence, the Jets would take Mac over ZW, the 49rs Mac over Lance and the Bears would take Mac over Fields

I beg to differ, sir.

The Jags would probably stick with Trevor though. Everyone else? Switcheroo.

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

This is a completely logical and prospective (at the time) argument. 

Any other argument is pure 20-20 hindsight. 

NO one was taking Mac over the other 4 QBs. Other than the 2-3 faux- geniuses here. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

LOL he's your QB for the next three years so jokes on you

You'd rather be right than the Jets be good, that's a guarantee. You'll never convince me otherwise. It's really sad. 

What I wrote had NOTHING to do with Wilson yet you dragged him into it and I wonder why it makes you feel so good to sh*t on a kid that has played six games because it obviously does. 

So emotional.  Such distress.

This thread is about Wilson so spare me the “you always talk about Wilson no matter what” crap.

I want the Jets QB to not suck.  Take the emotions out of it and stop having a visceral reaction to every negative statement about Wilson.  You’re not Fidelio.

And people were making posts like these to me about Darnold, too.  This isn’t my first rodeo.  People get emotional over the Jets QB.  

Again, No one wants the Jets QB to suck.  But when they inevitably do, all I can do is laugh about it.  Deal with it.  I’ll be laughing a lot over the next year or 2, is my guess.  

Would love for him to prove me wrong and for the Jets and the Jets QB to be good.  

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I beg to differ, sir.

The Jags would probably stick with Trevor though. Everyone else? Switcheroo.

So youre a mindreader or a soothsayer.  Why would they keep Lawrence but the Jets wouldnt keep ZW?  Just because.  

Jones is the least talented QB in that draft.  One season on a stacked team, not having to do more than dumping off doesnt change that.

4 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

LOL he's your QB for the next three years so jokes on you

You'd rather be right than the Jets be good, that's a guarantee. You'll never convince me otherwise. It's really sad. 

What I wrote had NOTHING to do with Wilson yet you dragged him into it and I wonder why it makes you feel so good to sh*t on a kid that has played six games because it obviously does. 

^Drafted Zach Wilson in three different keeper leagues.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This thread is about Wilson so spare me the “you always talk about Wilson no matter what” crap.

I want the Jets QB to not suck.  Take the emotions out of it and stop having a visceral reaction to every negative statement about Wilson.  You’re not Fidelio.

And people were making posts like these to me about Darnold, too.  This isn’t my first rodeo.  People get emotional over the Jets QB.  

Again, No one wants the Jets QB to suck.  But when they inevitably do, all I can do is laugh about it.  Deal with it.  I’ll be laughing a lot over the next year or 2, is my guess.  

Would love for him to prove me wrong and for the Jets and the Jets QB to be good.  

I think our weaponz are pretty durn good and with competent QB play we would comfortably be a top half offense. I am skeptical but yes -- hopeful Zach could be that guy and don't see any harm in having a Plan B at the most important position in sport -- the resources expended on acquiring such should be adjusted commiserate with how Wilson finishes out the season. I don't want my house to burn down but I have insurance. Guess that makes me a Fake Fan who would "rather be right on a messageboard."

Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You're suffering from post Darnold distress syndrome and yet claim to be taking the logical high road by declaring a kid a bust after 6 games a football.

There's nothing measured about your reaction to anything he does. 

Not once in this or any thread did I say Wilson had a good game against the Texans. Am I now not allowed to respond to something specific without it being tangentially related to something else? This never happens here?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I never had an issue with it breaking up. I use steaks that are about 1.5 inches thick. The only issue I have on the grill really is if I don't  press the garlic into the fish, it falls off bit pish too hard and you make holes in it. If you have a big enough pan you can cook both at the same time even if you like different temps. Just leave one on a bit longer. 

This last part is about Wilson vs Mac Jones isn't it?

22 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I disagree with that take. A lot of young players are starting to emerge. 

There is no consistency with this team , you get guys that shine in a game than disappear ... I don't see a team that is growing and showing improvement week to week in the scheme .
I was always of the thought process that I wanted to see a team that shows growth as the season progresses & that is how I would judge the coaching staff ... so far I give them an F in that regard.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, JerseyJoe67 said:

There is no consistency with this team , you get guys that shine in a game than disappear ... I don't see a team that is growing and showing improvement week to week in the scheme .
I was always of the thought process that I wanted to see a team that shows growth as the season progresses & that is how I would judge the coaching staff ... so far I give them an F in that regard.

I guess, but I think that’s the result of a lot of young guys taking their lumps. I think the young corners have been really good (they need a CB1, though), I think Ashtyn Davis has been solid, and the Williams brothers have been a nice surprise. Offensively, they’ve gotten Fant and McGovern to right the ship, AVT is nice, and Michael Carter is a good #2 back. Elijah Moore has looked good when he’s played with anyone other than Zach. Problem areas as it relates to young guys is that Becton, Mims, and Zach all look like huge misses right now. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

You're suffering from post Darnold distress syndrome and yet claim to be taking the logical high road by declaring a kid a bust after 6 games a football.

Not once in this or any thread did I say Wilson had a good game against the Texans. Am I now not allowed to respond to something specific without it being tangentially related to something else? This never happens here?

Check the latest forum bylaws. This is an accurate statement.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

3 years was too many for Darnold.  And at minimum we should have added legitimate competition for the job early on in his tenure. 

Let’s not make the same mistake over again.  1.5-2 years is the most you need to determine if a young QB has it or not. And Douglas had better bring in a veteran QB worth a damn this offseason. 

You were also the same guy calling Josh Allen a running back. It took him 3 years to fully develop. Let’s wait and see on Zach before pulling the plug 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

You were also the same guy calling Josh Allen a running back. It took him 3 years to fully develop. Let’s wait and see on Zach before pulling the plug 

Can't see Zach running the ball more than 3 or 4 times a game.  He'd have to be a monster on special teams to keep him around as long as Buffalo kept Allen. 

2 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Not too many guys I recall reading pushing for Mac Jones at 2 

It's not as outlandish as it sounds. 4 of 5 of NFL.com's final mock drafts on April 15th 2021 had Mac Jones going at #3 to SF. Only MJD didn't. He had Pats trading up for Mac at #7.

https://www.nfl.com/news/maurice-jones-drew-2021-nfl-mock-draft-2-0-two-trades-shake-up-top-10

11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

So youre a mindreader or a soothsayer.  Why would they keep Lawrence but the Jets wouldnt keep ZW?  Just because.  

Jones is the least talented QB in that draft.  One season on a stacked team, not having to do more than dumping off doesnt change that.

I feel like nothing ever changes with you. Everything is fine, keep on keeping on, nothing to see here.

The last 4-5 years we’ve been one of the worst teams in the NFL…. but the coaches are fine, the GM had a good draft, his draft picks just need to play 3 years to decide. The new young QB is always super talented, way more so than those drafted the same year.

Yet somehow, any player having success elsewhere would struggle on the Jets, because…. ???

?

I don’t get how that works, but I really wish I did. I wish I could have your outlook on things. I’d love to look at things through those green tinted glasses you wear.

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

There was no historical precedent for a QB struggling as much as Allen did with accuracy (plus turnovers) all 4 years of college and 2 years in the NFL only to make a dramatic turnaround in year 3.  

It didn't hurt Allen's chances that he's a superior athlete, which at least put him in the "he could end up like Cam Newton" camp.  A level of athlete which Wilson is decidedly not.  

Counting on that kind of outlier for any QB who sucks out of the gates is not a good bet.  People used it to try to tell me Darnold had a chance in this league and we see how that played out.  The more games Wilson piles up where he struggles like he has, the worse his already low chances get of ever becoming anything in this league.  Sad but true.  

I'm willing to let it play out before I completely rule it out.  But his chances of making it in this league have precipitously dropped since he was drafted, and only the biggest Wilson homer/apologists out there would disagree with that assessment.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

At any given time, only about 15 people on the planet can play the QB position at a high level, and you're surprised when someone labels a QB a bust early on? 

If the Jets were doing Wilson no favors, I might be willing to give him a longer leash before being decidedly pessimistic on the kid.  Since we've seen this offense look good without him, that's certainly playing into me not giving him my blind hope.  But alas, he's done nothing on the field so far that screams franchise QB, so until he does, he's a bust in my mind.

Measured or not, I'm really not sure why you care so much that I think Wilson is very likely a bust?  Pretty sure you were the guy b*tching just a few months ago when the Jets cost themselves the # 1 pick.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

At any given time, only about 15 people on the planet can play the QB position at a high level, and you're surprised when someone labels a QB a bust early on? 

Measured or not, I'm really not sure why you care so much that I think Wilson is very likely a bust?  Pretty sure you were the guy b*tching just a few months ago when the Jets cost themselves the # 1 pick.  

You would have made an amazing beta fish

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Josh Allen is an extreme outlier. He looked like a RB playing QB for his entire life. He was *very* inaccurate.

I have never seen a transformation like Allen had in one off-season. The guy learned how to pass like an above average real NFL QB.

This is not a knock on ZW but I don't expect to see any player improve that much that late in their career.

• Upvote 2