The All Things Zach Wilson Thread: MERGED

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

No shlt, hes a rookie QB.  All but the one on a really talented team, with a really talented CS are struggling.  Unlike your comment that rookies who struggle and succeed are outliers, its the reverse.    No one has failed him, you've failed in your expectations and patience level, hes a rookie.  Where did I blame the team or staff for his struggles?  You watch the game and understand that rookie QBs have growing pains, of course you do.   

Whats the point of Minshew over Johnson?  

I’ve failed lol. I‘d gladly put my QB evals up against yours any day. 

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Zach’s arm strength is like a cannon with a bent barrel. Shoots hard but who knows where it’s going to wind up.

Yeah, thats it.  

Best part is, I brought up him having talent.  I didnt bring up arm strength.  Tom did.  

Just now, jgb said:

I’ve failed lol. I‘d gladly put my QB evals up against yours any day. 

You wouldnt ever want to put them up against mine, not even close.  Or anything to do with this game.  

You just said yesterday that QBs who struggle as rookies then succeed are outliers.  That is as huge a fail as there is.  Its beyond a fail

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, thats it.  

Best part is, I brought up him having talent.  I didnt bring up arm strength.  Tom did.  

Fair. But also fair to ask when do we get to see this talent manifest in football plays?

Just now, Jet Nut said:

You wouldnt ever want to put them up against mine, not even close.  Or anything to do with this game.  

You just said yesterday that QBs who struggle as rookies then succeed are outliers.  That is as huge a fail as there is.  Its beyond a fail

Bud, you don’t want to do this to yourself. Seriously.

Davis is his security blanket. As a rookie, that makes a difference. 

someone also needs to get through to him to be boring, and let the hero ball stuff  come to him naturally 

his natural talent is evident. 

I think we’ll get a more reasonable idea of where he’s at vs the iggles 

• Upvote 4

On 11/29/2021 at 10:00 AM, More Cowbell said:

All the people who have defended Zach are basically saying the same thing. He has only played about 6 games. I understand there is a big jump from college to the NFL but we are seeing the other rookies starting to settle in. Both Michael Carter's, Moore, AVT, even Echoles before he was hurt was showing improvement. Has Zach fixed anything? I think yesterday he made a real effort to play within the offensive system but what we saw is he wasn't really that good at it. More so his receivers bailed him out on some of the short passes by catching the low pass or ball thrown behind them rather than Zach making well timed and placed passes. So do we just give Zach a pass on the rest of the season? I know some are not giving him a pass at all and I don't  think there is a QB in this coming draft class that is worth giving Zach the Rosen treatment, but even as bad a Peyton was in his first season, it was just the massive amount of picks. You could see the other great attributes.  I just don't see it with Zach. Actually every game I see a new issue. This game was the first one I saw he had no touch on some short ones. How long until the light goes on. It already has for the other rookies.

Edit for Maxman

Yes, I know we won. That doesn't  mean our QB is taking the same steps forward the other rookies are.

Are you suggesting is just as easy for a WR, RB or LG to transition to the NFL as it is for a QB?

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Are you suggesting is just as easy for a WR, RB or LG to transition to the NFL as it is for a QB?

No what he is saying the case for Wilson has gotten worse since the draft. Even the most ardent believers would have to concede it hasn’t gotten any stronger. What’s the psychic harm in talking about it?

• Upvote 1

Just now, jgb said:

No what he is saying the case for Wilson has gotten worse since the draft. Even the most ardent believers would have to concede it hasn’t gotten any stronger. What’s the shed in talking about it.

This is false.

He's making quality progress and under the circumstances he's been fine.  He will continue to get better.

I know so many of you just don't see it because of the engrained bias.  I honestly believe you believe what you're saying - but it's actually incorrect.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This is false.

He's making quality progress and under the circumstances he's been fine.  He will continue to get better.

I know so many of you just don't see it because of the engrained bias.  I honestly believe you believe what you're saying - but it's actually incorrect.

Hold up. You think Wilson’s stock has gone up since the draft?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Bud, you don’t want to do this to yourself. Seriously.

You seem to be a nice guy, youre witty and post a lot about Jets fans, players etc lets leave it at that, I dont have to do anything to myself but seriously I dont have to defend my knowledge of the game to anyone.  

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You seem to be a nice guy, youre witty and post a lot about Jets fans, players etc lets leave it at that, I dont have to do anything to myself but seriously I dont have to defend my knowledge of the game to anyone.  

You are very smart. Cheers.

• Sympathy 1

42 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Sanchez started 3-0 including that epic Week 2 win over the Patriots, so it's easy to gloss over the fact that he stunk.

TBH, if you look at Sanchez's rookie stats it is truly remarkable we were 1 game from the Super Bowl. That team was really good -- it's a shame we didn't go with a veteran QB.

fyi, the Favre experiment was still fresh in managements mind.

19 hours ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Not sure how 58% is “barely breaking”

Burrow 24 for 190

Goff 25 for 175

Taylor 26 for 158

Hurts 31 for 129

Jones 29 for 202

Newton 21 for 92

Tannehill 21 for 93

Ryan 29 for 190

Lawrence 42 for 228 

Bridgewater 18 for 129

Jackson 32 for 165

Many of those numbers are like I said in another thread, if you run for around 150 yards like even many of those teams and the Jets did, passing is usually in the 150-200 yard range. That is ultimately how you would like to play football since you control the game and minimize risks with not too many passes.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This is false.

He just sat out for four weeks, he still isn’t healthy, and he was so bad vs the Texans that the OC effectively neutered him for the majority of the second half. They were 2-13 on third down and averaged 3.9 yards per pass play.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Many of those numbers are like I said in another thread, if you run for around 150 yards like even many of those teams and the Jets did, passing is usually in the 150-200 yard range. That is ultimately how you would like to play football since you control the game and minimize risks with not too many passes.

BUT JOSH JOHNSON THRU FOR 300 YAHDS DURRR DURRR ARF ARF 

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This is false.

You Dont Say GIF

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Well, when a “limited” QB can land in a good situation and be good basically immediately like Mac Jones, doesn’t seem the adjustment for QBs is difficult at all, when it’s convenient for you to say such.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I believe his stock is right where it should be.

I would still take him over any QB in this draft class.

You said my statement that his stock has gone down or remained the same at best was false. That means you must think it went up, no? Unless it was just a reflexive disagreement without consideration.

26 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Not RB, but WR is one of the most difficult but that isn't  the point. What I am saying is they have shown improvement.  How long until Zack shows improvement? Even Darnold was showing some improvement by the end of his rookie season. 

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Not RB, but WR is one of the most difficult but that isn't  the point. What I am saying is they have shown improvement.  How long until Zack shows improvement? Even Darnold was showing some improvement by the end of his rookie season. 

Here’s the thing: he thinks Wilson has been showing improvement and that his stock has actually risen since the draft. God how I wish he was the GM of another QB-needy NFL team. We could flip Zach for a profit. After this kind of season!

23 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Only a matter of time before Max is turning this place into a dystopian, Orwellian nightmare.

22 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Your mechanics breakdown when:

1- Things are moving too fast for you out there which leads to lack of confidence.  Lack of confidence leads to anxiety.  When the anxiety kicks in, you start overthinking.  When you overthink your mechanics break down.

Solution:

1- more reps.  The more reps you get, the game slows down.  When the game slows down your confidence returns.  When you confidence returns, you mechanics straighten out.

The kid just needs more reps.  And he is going to get more and more of those every single week.

The concern meter is at 0 for zach wilson.

This is more terrifying than anything Max said. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

You said my statement that his stock has gone down or remained the same at best was false. That means you must think it went up, no? Unless it was just a reflexive disagreement without consideration.

OMG...

Is your argument really semantics based - =/better is that batter for you?