Every Throw from Zach Wilson Week 18 vs Bills

42 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This is all I'm talking about...

I will simply ignore you going forward with anything to do with Wilson....I ask you do the same.  

But I'm not sure you can watch that game last night and come away with the quoted above - and expect to be taken seriously....

All I've asked is for you or anyone else that's making similar claims to show me those "ton of plays" that were left on the field.

Anyway, that's the last you'll hear from me re: Zach Wilson.

It’s so weird, no one here is saying Zach played even mediocre. But the piling on is kind of senseless. And expected. 

He wasn’t good. He had no chance to do anything. 

Zero chance, not sure what folks we’re expecting. 

No turnovers and took his beating like a man. Don’t ever want to hear “twink” again. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, The Crusher said:

Truth is even QB’s with starting receivers got ass whooped by that defense. 

That’s the starting point.  They’re a tough defense, the elements make them tougher as did the crazed fan base celebrating their 2nd straight division title.  They shut out the dolphins and the Texans.  They held the Saints to 6 pts.  
They weren’t the top D by accident

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, The Crusher said:

So when Mike White throws 4 picks against Buffalo ‘s D that’s courage? But when Zach throws zero that’s  fear.?Yet, Zach not taking the underneath stuff he’s playing hero ball? 

Mike White played bad against the Bills Zach Wilson played bad and not to make mistakes take that for what it is. My bad for comparing two bad games vs the best pass defense and overall defense in football. 

My take is that Mike White is the better QB the only thing Mike White might lack is escapeability which Zach seems to do very well. 

I'll be here next year when Zach sh*ts the bed again and you can quote me . Maybe neither guy is the answer 

The fact that this play ended as a sack and a loss of almost 15 yards is amazing. Hopefully it’s just a case of not trusting anyone that was out there, we’ll see next year. 

7C04F6E4-215A-46BB-85FD-BECB4A7A1338.png

Correction this play actually ended up as a scramble and throw away, still has to give one of these guys a chance here. 

Edited by nickfoshizal
Wrong play
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Truth is even QB’s with starting receivers got ass whooped by that defense. 

Exactly . and the reason I went on my rampage is because when Mike White played bad vs the Bills it was automatic that he was finished I was told as much by people on this very forum ...so that's fair to MW Right ? Funny think is MW's 4 int game was not the worst game of the season or even the second worst.

Just now, nickfoshizal said:

The fact that this play ended as a sack and a loss of almost 15 yards is amazing. Hopefully it’s just a case of not trusting anyone that was out there, we’ll see next year. 

Nick what does "not trusting anyone" even mean ? He has 2 guys in the middle of the field that would of at least had a shot to do something if none of the deeper routes were open and since there were 5 guys on the screen here that means there were 6 guys in coverage so you have to hit the guy underneath to have any chance at all since there was only one Jet past the 25 vs 6 Bills defenders. Hitting either one of those guys makes it in the range of 3rd and 4 at the very least instead we get 3rd and 23 ? Unless of course it is my Imagination like Jet Nut said and those two guys are not really wide open right in front of Zack's face.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Exactly . and the reason I went on my rampage is because when Mike White played bad vs the Bills it was automatic that he was finished I was told as much by people on this very forum ...so that's fair to MW Right ? Funny think is MW's 4 int game was not the worst game of the season or even the second worst.

Not at all. Yet, I think the real issue was when they took the short game from him and he couldn’t do anything else. For  all we know it may have been as much as LaFleur not having a plan b. Who knows? Yet Mike White’s first game was certainly the best we’ve seen this season. . I just feel it’s impossible to have any takeaways from Zach with that band of rag tag not so merry men he was playing with yesterday. Kid played pretty good against Tampa. Long way to go fur sure, 

38 minutes ago, nickfoshizal said:

Correction this play actually ended up as a scramble and throw away, still has to give one of these guys a chance here. 

?

55 looks like he’s 4 steps away from a sack.  You want a blocker between large man sprinting and your QB.  

25 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Nick what does "not trusting anyone" even mean ? He has 2 guys in the middle of the field that would of at least had a shot to do something if none of the deeper routes were open and since there were 5 guys on the screen here that means there were 6 guys in coverage so you have to hit the guy underneath to have any chance at all since there was only one Jet past the 25 vs 6 Bills defenders. Hitting either one of those guys makes it in the range of 3rd and 4 at the very least instead we get 3rd and 23 ? Unless of course it is my Imagination like Jet Nut said and those two guys are not really wide open right in front of Zack's face.

Not trusting would be towards the o line, Zach did a good job keeping his feet set vs Tampa and looked like Bambi out there vs the bills. I chose that picture because obviously he had many options to throw to, yet looks absolutely lost with his feet. I think your on my side here lol. 

• Upvote 1

I’m surprised people are piling on Zach so bad. He’s a rookie QB in a hostile environment against an elite defense, playing with weapons who are hardly NFL level that he’ll never share the field with ever again. Let me know if he’s struggling with the first team offense next year and I’ll worry. He improved down the stretch. Future is bright! 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Jet Life said:

I’m surprised people are piling on Zach so bad. He’s a rookie QB in a hostile environment against an elite defense, playing with weapons who are hardly NFL level that he’ll never share the field with ever again. Let me know if he’s struggling with the first team offense next year and I’ll worry. He improved down the stretch. Future is bright! 

Against a team trying to win its second consecutive Division title. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, JiFapono said:

For sure, he left a ton of plays on the field.  Didnt seem like he was seeing the field well yesterday.  Not sure how much of that was a trust factor based on who was out there of if he was just trying to do to much or what but he was definitely not pulling the trigger on easy completions seemingly looking for the bigger play that wasnt there and holding the ball too long.  He has to know when they're bringing the heat, just take the underneath stuff and try to continue to get better down and distances.  

Many of the pass attempts were on 3rd down when the check down wasn’t going to get the job done 

9 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Yeah put a blocker in front of 55.  What is the time stamp on this play? 

Play starts at 3:06, yeah I think we can all agree the third string o line didn’t block well but Zach just slow walks backwards until it’s too late to do anything. Not gonna get anything done like that regardless of how good he ends up being. 

4 minutes ago, nickfoshizal said:

Play starts at 3:06, yeah I think we can all agree the third string o line didn’t block well but Zach just slow walks backwards until it’s too late to do anything. Not gonna get anything done like that regardless of how good he ends up being. 

I was looking for that play and saw free runners all over the place.  I doubt the coaches were unhappy with Zach drifting back.  He can take a shot while throwing it away or drift back and try to make a play.  It was a pick your poison kind of day.  

8 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Show me?

I'm totally capable.  I am really interested - maybe I can learn. 

I saw a couple open on 3rd and 13 for 3 yards that he could have taken - otherwise it's just not there. 

If you want to attack the kid it's fine, been kinda your thing - but when the video evidence is literally in the same thread it's tough to simply write off.

Ya I rewatched the video multiple times since there are some people saying different things. Also saw it realtime Sunday. Theres 2 plays where I actually can see a guy or two underneath. Both instances were 3rd and a bit longer. However, for the most part, theres either guys dropping passes, nobody separating, or Zach running for his life because pressure is In his face quick. So id take the typical people that are bashing this performance with a grain of salt. I watched it objectively, dont really care what others  "perceive". The fact that they came to those conclusions should tell you all you need to know. Cant argue with people that cant even process what they're seeing. Cant do it, wont do it

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

19 minutes ago, NYJets43 said:

Many of the pass attempts were on 3rd down when the check down wasn’t going to get the job done 

True, a few on early downs as well.  It was over a handful and mixed downs, it’s ok, I honestly get it.  That’s comfort too.  Do I trust this dump off guy not named Carter to pick this up or hold it a second longer to see if someone gets open.  All good.  Like I said, it did t impact the game either way.  

12 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

I was looking for that play and saw free runners all over the place.  I doubt the coaches were unhappy with Zach drifting back.  He can take a shot while throwing it away or drift back and try to make a play.  It was a pick your poison kind of day.  

Yeah, I just watched that play again...you'll note his first read was in the left flat - he never got open, by the time he got to his second rid (ball over the middle) massive pressure up the middle.

It wasn't a slow process either - just pressure came too fast.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nickfoshizal said:

Both options are a great get on 2nd down. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

I think one QB all year had a good game vs the Bills and that was Tom Brady but somehow Mike White with all of 3 starts was supposed to just keep playing really good then never get a chance again. Can't make this sh*t up.

Zach fans are so, so happy that Braxton Berrios missed this game so they could fall back on the weppinz excuse. They’ve been leaning on Mike White v. Buffalo to erase White’s performance against the Bengals and Colts, and the last thing they wanted was to watch the Bills paste-wax Wilson (which they would have, handily) even if he had Jerry Rice and Megatron in their primes lining up with him. The fact is that every receiver other than Berrios has looked like dogsh*t with Zach Wilson behind center, all year long, but, sure, it’s everyone else’s fault but the one common denominator. 

• Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Zach fans are so, so happy that Braxton Berrios missed this game so they could fall back on the weppinz excuse. They’ve been leaning on Mike White v. Buffalo to erase White’s performance against the Bengals and Colts, and the last thing they wanted was to watch the Bills paste-wax Wilson (which they would have, handily) even if he had Jerry Rice and Megatron in their primes lining up with him. The fact is that every receiver other than Berrios has looked like dogsh*t with Zach Wilson behind center, all year long, but, sure, it’s everyone else’s fault but the one common denominator. 

You need to pivot to new talking points. All the WRs looked ok against TB. 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Tom don't forget, its my Imagination maybe its yours as well

10 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

His first read doesn't get open, he turns to the middle of the field and has free rusher 55 coming to take his head off. He dodges him and is able to throw it away. 

If the line gave him time, or if the order of the reads was different then he could have hit bowden over the middle. 

Buffalo's d covered his first read and had a free rusher schemed up so he wouldn't have time to get to his second. This was Zach's fault? 

Timestamp is 3:08

13 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Mike White played bad against the Bills Zach Wilson played bad and not to make mistakes take that for what it is. My bad for comparing two bad games vs the best pass defense and overall defense in football. 

My take is that Mike White is the better QB the only thing Mike White might lack is escapeability which Zach seems to do very well. 

I'll be here next year when Zach sh*ts the bed again and you can quote me . Maybe neither guy is the answer 

Ok, first off I was not making a comment relating to who the better QB is. Because right now they both got strengths and weaknesses. Both got room to grow, I just think Zach has more potential if he can reach  it. Big if. 

Right now Mike White has by far the best and most complete game between them. Problem is it was his first game and he got  that never seen tape on a back up advantage. Yet, his next game he was off to an excellent start but got hurt. Nobody can argue that. His game against the Bills was really bad and by taking away the underneath stuff either he or LaFleur  or both simply not ready for that. As someone watching the game  it looked like to me he just didn’t have the arm strength to make the throws  to beat that particular defense, for whatever reason. 

Zach’s Tampa game he faced a very good defense without a few key pieces. So he made Yeboah look like he has potential  and basically gave Braxton Berrios the chance to tell the Jet,” show me the money.” Without key elements on the line he elevated the team. Now of course, running game helped. But team played great for him. Sorta like what we saw in Milk White first game , team shined and played up for a young QB under center. Nice thing to see. 

Zach’s Buffalo game was literally a mean spirited joke. Im not gonna make Darnold not got weapinz argument but the kid had Crowder for a few possessions then besides Cile who caught a nice touchdown was throwing to Mims, Smyth and Black. Come to think of it was Yeboah active? Anyhow the team still played their asses off and the D showed up and made it a game  early on. Special shout out to Buffalos punter as well. 

What I see now is thanks to Mike White, other back   up guy and Joe Flacco showing the kid how to run the offense and displaying that the offense can work Zach is improving. Will Zach ever be a Franchise QB, @T0mShane That depends largely on the Jets so probably not. Will Mike White be  a franchise QB? Dont know, but I have to think with the lack of QB’s in this league he will likely get a shot. 

I look forward to learning all these answers with you here. I do. Love you Smash! 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This is such a cynical view and understanding.  it seems, the antizaxers view things this way.  I know I don't...

It's we want the team and our QB to do well, it seems most of y'all simply want to see the QB fail---it's a very strange take.

I ALWAYS want the best players on the field = ALWAYS - as I think most fans.  Other than this group of people that seem to have dug their heels in on disliking Wilson at all cost...

Coming away from the Buffalo game and saying he "Left Tons of plays on field" is just inaccurate...it's simply not the case...

Lastly, 

Find me a single person that has said he had was good this year????  It's just something you keep saying the fans that support him are saying - we're NOT...

It's simply not true.  He has been mostly bad.  I and every other person has said as much...

He certainly showed flashes and he showed undeniable progress in virtually every aspect of his game but he still has a long way to go.  Point to any "Zach Fan" that has said otherwise.  You want this to be about that, but it's not.  It's not one group says he's been great and another says he sucks...

I continue to have confidence that he will grow and become our FQB - but he is, without question, a work in progress.

2 hours ago, Green hat said:

His first read doesn't get open, he turns to the middle of the field and has free rusher 55 coming to take his head off. He dodges him and is able to throw it away. 

If the line gave him time, or if the order of the reads was different then he could have hit bowden over the middle. 

Buffalo's d covered his first read and had a free rusher schemed up so he wouldn't have time to get to his second. This was Zach's fault? 

Timestamp is 3:08

So you know the exact play call and his first read ? Sorry but you really don't only people with that info is the coaching staff and the players. That being said a good QB would have read that play much quicker because by the time those players were in those positions on the field at the very least a few seconds had passed Zach held the ball to long rather than get half or more of the yardage needed for a first down which would have made it 3rd and short instead he put himself in a position to throw the ball away. Bravo !!

People need to stop defending really bad QB play ! I like Zach and would love for him to succeed but the fact is he's a talented kid that plays the position really bad. He's had a full season to improve and Jets fans are happy that he stopped throwing Int's but it does not worry them at all he's still a terrible QB.