Tom Brady

NEWS FLASH:  Tom Brady is good.

We get it.  Do we need to harp on this for every day he ages?  I don’t get why people are so surprised.  He’s been the best QB ever and has been on great teams.

We saw what happened his last year with the Pats.  The Bucs have a stacked roster.  Magically turning 45 doesn’t mean you can no longer throw a football or read defenses.  Running and taking hits sure, but Brady never does either.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

21 years in the league will do that for a player.  If Mahomes and Herbert play that long, they will shatter every record Brady has accumulated over time.

Serious question though; why is that we only look at records when we talk about QB's?  Why dont we do the same with other positions?  So dumb, when you think about it.  Brady doesnt play D, Brady doesnt block, Brady doesnt run, Brady doesnt catch the ball and Brady isnt nearly as talented as Aaron Rodgers or Patrick Mahomes, but we act like he's the GOAT because he's on great teams? Nah.  Greatest winner of all time?  Sure.  Best player?  Nah.

Do yourself a favor, go look at Tom Brady's post season career.  Look at the games his D's played in the postseason and then go compare that to Rodgers.  In 46 career playoff games, Brady's D surrendered 30+ pts 5 times.  7 out of 22 games Rodgers D gave up 30+ pts in the postseason. 

You’re right he’s not as talented as Mahomes or Rodger but what makes him the GOAT is his longevity and the fact that he wins all the time. He’s got 7 rings nobody is ever getting that. And nobody is ever breaking his records cause who the heck is gonna play until their 46 years old? Heck, Luck retired at age 30. So yeah is Patrick Mahomes a more talented player than Brady? Yeah most likely. But until Mahomes puts a resume together like Tom than he will never be considered the GOAT

12 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

21 years in the league will do that for a player.  If Mahomes and Herbert play that long, they will shatter every record Brady has accumulated over time.

Serious question though; why is that we only look at records when we talk about QB's?  Why dont we do the same with other positions?  So dumb, when you think about it.  Brady doesnt play D, Brady doesnt block, Brady doesnt run, Brady doesnt catch the ball and Brady isnt nearly as talented as Aaron Rodgers or Patrick Mahomes, but we act like he's the GOAT because he's on great teams? Nah.  Greatest winner of all time?  Sure.  Best player?  Nah.

Do yourself a favor, go look at Tom Brady's post season career.  Look at the games his D's played in the postseason and then go compare that to Rodgers.  In 46 career playoff games, Brady's D surrendered 30+ pts 5 times.  7 out of 22 games Rodgers D gave up 30+ pts in the postseason. 

And Brady put up a 5300 yard, 43/6 TD:INT season this year at age 45. Way better stats than Mahomes or Rodgers BTW

11 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

That's part of Brady's greatness. Actually, that's arguably the single most impressive thing about Brady - his longevity. The guy has been an elite NFL QB for over 2 decades. What he has done is simply unprecedented. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

That's part of Brady's greatness. Actually, that's arguably the single most impressive thing about Brady - his longevity. The guy has been an elite NFL QB for over 2 decades. What he has done is simply unprecedented. 

It is impressive but I find it ironic coming from Jets fans who routinely say this about their own: 

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Hell, this is a board that calls one of the greatest Jets players off all-time, an overrated stat compiler (RIP Savage69) in Curtis Martin.   So, as Jets fans, we diminish the accomplishments of our own player for his ability to stay healthy and play for a long time and on the other hand, we celebrate our biggest rival and confirmed piece of sh*t for his longevity?  Not doing it.  

If his story is written by an objective writer, in the very first paragraph on the very first page it will talk about him cheating, getting caught and being suspended for it. 

Of course his story will be written by one of the many nutsack lickers so it will be hidden in a footnote. 

Also the HGH won’t even be mentioned.  TB12? More like TBC63H104N16O17S.  

Btw, the GOAT can’t lose 3 SBs.  

Jordan and Montana never lost in the championship games.  

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I guess.  It's amazing he's doing this at his age but eating hgh for breakfast, lunch and dinner for 20 years helps and the fact the league has catered to him to the point they continue to change the rules for his sake.  I just dont value this longevity thingy as much as others.  Impressive but I dont think that makes him the GOAT.  When I watch Rodges and Mahomes, I see a 10x more talent player.  Hell, this is a board that calls one of the greatest Jets players off all-time, an overrated stat compiler (RIP Savage69) in Curtis Martin.   So, as Jets fans, we diminish the accomplishments of our own player for his ability to stay healthy and play for a long time and on the other hand, we celebrate our biggest rival and confirmed piece of sh*t for his longevity?  Not doing it.  

Greatest QB I've ever seen play the sport is Aaron Rodgers (Mahomes quickly following).  You want to give Brady the greatest winner of all time title, no argument here.  Best player?  Nah.  

Yeah but then Brady beat both Rodgers and Mahomes last year to win a super bowl in both games he was the underdog. So yeah that’s why he’s the GOAT

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Hell, this is a board that calls one of the greatest Jets players off all-time, an overrated stat compiler (RIP Savage69) in Curtis Martin.

Other than Sav, who else actually said this?  I don't think many, and definitely not anything close to a majority.

Straw man argument IMO.

3 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

If his story is written by an objective writer, in the very first paragraph on the very first page it will talk about him cheating, getting caught and being suspended for it. 

Of course his story will be written by one of the many nutsack lickers so it will be hidden in a footnote. 

Also the HGH won’t even be mentioned.  TB12? More like TBC63H104N16O17S.  

Btw, the GOAT can’t lose 3 SBs.  

Jordan and Montana never lost in the championship games.  

Yeah but they lost in how many playoff games or never even made the super bowl? Brady has made 10 Super Bowls! Lol

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

Yeah but they lost in how many playoff games or never even made the super bowl? Brady has made 10 Super Bowls! Lol

Team game.

And if it wasn’t for the worst choke of all time and the worst offensive play all of all time he’s got 5 losses. And the Tuck Rule was BS, that was a fumble, never should have been in that one. 

3 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

It is impressive but I find it ironic coming from Jets fans who routinely say this about their own: 

Well, I've never diminished Curtis Martin. He was a terrific RB. BUT:

This isn't as good of a point as you think it is. Brady isn't just a compiler. He's also had record-breaking seasons in which he was the league MVP, Super Bowl MVP, threw 50 TD passes, etc. 

He's the rare guy who has BOTH complied stats over a long period of time AND dominated the sport for many individual seasons. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1