Give me your best case/worst case scenario for draft

Rhg1084

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

It’s funny nobody has any idea who they want to pick. Everyone just says “trade down” lol

Because this draft doesn't really have any players that are obvious pencil-in guys like last year. It's all a bunch of really good players, but not the best. The idea is if a player could be at 4 or 12, why stay at 4?

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

It’s funny nobody has any idea who they want to pick. Everyone just says “trade down” lol

I think, many believe,  it's just there's no real dominant player expected to be there in a position of need - so the thought it to trade down and acquire more picks.

3 minutes ago, Hex said:

Because this draft doesn't really have any players that are obvious pencil-in guys like last year. It's all a bunch of really good players, but not the best. The idea is if a player could be at 4 or 12, why stay at 4?

Yeah but there’s a flip side to that, nobody is trading up! I don’t see a scenario where we trade down at all

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I think, many believe,  it's just there's no real dominant player expected to be there in a position of need - so the thought it to trade down and acquire more picks.

So who the heck in their right mind would trade up then in this draft 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

Yeah but there’s a flip side to that, nobody is trading up! I don’t see a scenario where we trade down at all

Honestly based on the magic JD has done in the past he could probably get a good deal from some teams.

3 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

So who the heck in their right mind would trade up then in this draft 

Well, Someone that really needs a safety or values CB's more than Saleh does.

Just because the Jets don't value or need a particular position doesn't mean other teams won't.

Trading down is highly unlikely, but you never know.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Hex said:

Stay at 4 because no teams want to trade up at a realistic price. Offers may be out there but not for a fair price.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I believe that a QB will taken with one of the top 4 picks in the Draft.   Was Zach Wilson really better than Corral or Pickett?

8 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Worst case is we take Hamilton

he’s a safety, hurt a lot, and he 6’4” 

how many great safeties have been that long and lanky 

If you study the history of the 49ers, Eagles and Ravens, I am not seeing JD taking an injury prone, lanky safety in the top 10.  I just don't see it.   They want players in the trenches.  The LB from Utah could make 10 interesting.  LBs do get picked there. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Is that LT Cross a consideration at #10 if Neal and Ekwonu are both gone and the Jets have already hit defense at #4?

As much as I want a "weapon" like a WR or TE there's just nobody worth the #10 to me.

He’s a consideration if they are both still there. 

personally I don’t want any of them in the first 

This is so hard for me, I guess ideally Thib is there at #4 but if we take Neal/Icky/Karlaftis/Trade Down/Hamilton I'd be good with the pick. I guess I'd be irritated if we took Linderbaum at #4 but if he's as advertised I'll get over it.

As for #10, im fine with OL, LB, WR. Maybe I'd be upset with CB kinda but not really.

Too much depends on FA to give a concrete answer.

• Upvote 1

Too early to say for sure but as of now, I would imagine a worst-case scenario is Thibs, Hutch and Neal are all off the board and thus there are no trade suitors. I hate that scenario, and nobody feels right to me, I feel like everyone's a reach to me at 4 and you're almost forced to take either Hamilton, Leal or Booth and it just feels wrong.

Best case is one of them falls to the Jets somehow and they either take a great player or I would imagine have a phone ringing off the hook