Site Upgrade Happening COMPLETE

26 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Finally a couple hundred upvotes away from breaching 10k and we switch to this?  Lame. 

I guess I can download candy crush and get the same sh*t. 

First world problems. 

This didn't change the reputation system though.

Alright I just turned Ranks off until I have some time to mess around with it.

For the record, I think I turned them off. If you still see them after reading this post please screen shot it and post it here, thanks.

• Upvote 1

On 3/5/2022 at 6:51 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

If things are not intuitive then they'll likely not get used.  I mentioned in the post above that at least 2 users (Cowbell and I) didn't realize that you could click the icon to the left of a post heading and jump to "last read message".  Feels like that should be the default behavior.  

It is the default behavior. You just have to click that other icon.  :)

We are going to do a video, I put threads up last time but not everyone saw them. Two others features that I think people would really like but don't use are the Customizer and the fluid view.

1. Customizer - a bunch of cool features that you can easily enable, like Dark Mode

image.png

image.png

2. Fluid View

image.png

image.png

The 3rd icon in the first screen print is called fluid view. Basically you can combine multiple forums into one (see the panel on the right, you can toggle which forums to show).

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Maxman said:

This didn't change the reputation system though.

I dont see it anywhere? Am I just dense? I probably am. 

I also dont want that to come off as me being mad. I appreciate everything you do for the site and the effort put in for the upgrade. 

Just was looking forward to that milestone. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

Alright I just turned Ranks off until I have some time to mess around with it.

For the record, I think I turned them off. If you still see them after reading this post please screen shot it and post it here, thanks.

Booooo! The old geezers on here killed all the fun 

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Hey @Maxman. Noticed recently that the site doesn’t fit neatly on the iPhone safari browser like it used to. I think it has something to do with the Facebook/Youtube/TikTok/Twitter buttons which extend the page to the right. This leads to unnecessarily widening the layout and dead space, causing sideways scrolling. See screenshots below for reference. Maybe making those social media buttons smaller will bring back the fits-on-the-screen format. 

C624BB79-8752-43BA-8291-211FD8B5CB70.png

604C1F5A-A3BB-4686-805E-C98C7C7EAC58.png

C26F3FD1-00F3-40CF-B2B5-A026D0080D77.png

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, PS17 said:

Hey @Maxman. Noticed recently that the site doesn’t fit neatly on the iPhone safari browser like it used to. I think it has something to do with the Facebook/Youtube/TikTok/Twitter buttons which extend the page to the right. This leads to unnecessarily widening the layout and dead space, causing sideways scrolling. See screenshots below for reference. Maybe making those social media buttons smaller will bring back the fits-on-the-screen format. 

C624BB79-8752-43BA-8291-211FD8B5CB70.png

604C1F5A-A3BB-4686-805E-C98C7C7EAC58.png

C26F3FD1-00F3-40CF-B2B5-A026D0080D77.png

Really good find and you diagnosed the reason why as well. Thank you.

Hit refresh, clear your cache and let me know if it is fixed now?  I appreciate it.

19 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Really good find and you diagnosed the reason why as well. Thank you.

Hit refresh, clear your cache and let me know if it is fixed now?  I appreciate it.

Thanks for helping out! I see you removed the TikTok button which improved it a little. There is still some extra room, see screenshot.

C258DA64-2259-4613-A190-38A0F8330059.png

On 3/10/2022 at 12:28 AM, Maxman said:

The site is back online.  There are tasks running in the background and that will take hours. It is going to populate images, a bunch of database stuff including reputation points. Going to try out their new system and do a fresh calculation. I know everyone has been complaining for a long time about the rogue mod that gave away millions of unearned rep points back in the day. He won't be names @BP but we are going to try out the new system.

If you see any bugs or issues please post in this thread. Like I said things are still updating so some stuff will be off but we will get it all sorted out, thanks.

One thing we can both agree on is that your memory is atrocious. As compared to mine, which is pretty good considering I’m even older than you. Where did this stuff come from? I’m being honest. I never padded anybodys rep, ever. But lol about people crying so much you had to remove the neg rep option. I’ll bet that’s my fault too ? 

for the record, the only two people I ever padded rep on was jr128 and jf16 in the negative. I did give SJ eleventy billion dollars in vcash after his relative passed away though.