Carson Wentz traded to Washington

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

What an odd hill to die on.

It’s more of a loop than a hill…

Step 1: See a marginalized group is offended by something that is actually offensive.

Step 2: Choose preference, familiarity or convenience to you, over empathizing with said marginalized group.

Step 3: Sense something is wrong with you, not them, and become overwhelmed with fear/insecurity.

Step 4: Appropriate the position of being the marginalized group, when you aren’t, in order to counter their offense with your own outrage about something you previously didn’t give a damn about.

Step 5: Bring all of this up at every opportunity, then insult everyone else for being sensitive.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 4
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Step 1: See a marginalized group is offended by something that is actually offensive.

Step 2: Choose preference, familiarity or convenience to you, over empathizing with said marginalized group.

Step 3: Sense something is wrong with you, not them, and become overwhelmed with fear/insecurity.

Step 4: Appropriate the position of being the marginalized group, when you aren’t, in order to counter their offense with your own outrage about something you previously didn’t give a damn about.

Step 5: Bring all of this up at every opportunity, then insult everyone else for being sensitive.

Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

43 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Framing this 

50 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Step 6:??? 

Step 7: Profit

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, varjet said:

Would the following QBs work for the Colts?

• Cousins
  • Garoppolo
  • Darnold
  • Guy with the Moustache

I think someone will end up with Malik Willis pretty high in the draft.  Pickett and Corral-not so much.  

I think there is an outside chance someone falls so in love with one of the QBs that they trade to 4 just to get ahead of all possible takers. There are only two legitimate, if marginal, 1st round QBs and a bunch of teams still have no answer.

Commanders have the 11th pick in the draft to use on a QB.  For a Malik Willis...Kenny Picket, etc.  But rather shell out two 3rd rounders for Wentz.  Who took the 9-5 Colts...and quarterbacked them to 9-8. ..and out of the playoffs.  Losing final game to the Jags.  

That tells you all you need to know about the 2022 QB class.  Sad...because Jets have #4 and 10 picks.  Would love to cash in with a trade down at least once.  But Jets may be grounded...stuck in the muck... with no team drooling over these QBs this year.   

Hope I'm wrong...and some team goes stupid...and JD hauls in more picks to play with this year.  To help get ZW a significant upgrade in the tools he needs to perform at a high enough level.  And avoid him ending up in the graveyard of journeyman QBs.  That wander from team to team.  They'll always be need for them.  But they seem to never succeed in getting the job done.  And they move on...to another team...who desperately needs a QB.

For just a few brief intermittent moments in Jets history...this is the QB Carousel...Jets have been riding on for decades.  It needs to stop with Zach Wilson.  He's got the arm talent and mobility to be special.  Jets need to focus on getting ZW whatever he needs to succeed.  Enabling him to compete against teams with the likes of Mahomes-Allen-Burrow-Herbert...and now Russell Wilson.   

You can worry about all the other positions of need.  But...no FQB...no Lombardi Trophies.  It's as simple as that.  Yet it's been the hardest thing for Jets to figure out.  A riddle they never been able to solve.  It's up to JD-Saleh to solve NYJ FQB dilemma...once and for all.  

2022...is all about ZW's development.  Nothing matters more then that.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, GreenReaper said:

Commanders have the 11th pick in the draft to use on a QB.  For a Malik Willis...Kenny Picket, etc.  But rather shell out two 3rd rounders for Wentz.  Who took the 9-5 Colts...and quarterbacked them to 9-8. ..and out of the playoffs.  Losing final game to the Jags.  

That tells you all you need to know about the 2022 QB class.  Sad...because Jets have #4 and 10 picks.  Would love to cash in with a trade down at least once.  But Jets may be grounded...stuck in the muck... with no team drooling over these QBs this year.   

Hope I'm wrong...and some team goes stupid...and JD hauls in more picks to play with this year.  To help get ZW a significant upgrade in the tools he needs to perform at a high enough level.  And avoid him ending up in the graveyard of journeyman QBs.  That wander from team to team.  They'll always be need for them.  But they seem to never succeed in getting the job done.  And they move on...to another team...who desperately needs a QB.

For just a few brief intermittent moments in Jets history...this is the QB Carousel...Jets have been riding on for decades.  It needs to stop with Zach Wilson.  He's got the arm talent and mobility to be special.  Jets need to focus on getting ZW whatever he needs to succeed.  Enabling him to compete against teams with the likes of Mahomes-Allen-Burrow-Herbert...and now Russell Wilson.   

You can worry about all the other positions of need.  But...no FQB...no Lombardi Trophies.  It's as simple as that.  Yet it's been the hardest thing for Jets to figure out.  A riddle they never been able to solve.  It's up to JD-Saleh to solve NYJ FQB dilemma...once and for all.  

2022...is all about ZW's development.  Nothing matters more then that.

oh the humanity!

3 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I have no idea why Washington would make this trade

Because having a ~14-17 type QB with legit NFL Skills is better for winning than having a ~27-32 type QB lacking most requisite NFL skills?

Honestly, it seems like fans have hit a point where they think QB's need to be top 3-5 or it doesn't matter, 12th, 17th, 32nd, all the same. 

It's very silly.

6 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I have no idea why Washington would make this trade

Heard their ESPN beat reporter on Bart/Hahn yesterday. He said that they basically had a list of guys, and made inquiry on Rodgers and Wilson, but no dice. When they knew Wilson was going to Denver, they went to option #3. I wonder how far down Darnold was on their list??

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, nycdan said:

Assuming this takes WAS out of the QB race at #11 which slightly lowers the value of trading down out of #10 for us.  Not really a big deal, but it's there.  I was liking the possibilities of moving down 5-10 slots and picking up more ammo but I'm not holding my breath.

I’m not sold that trading for Wentz takes them out of drafting a QB in the first round. In fact, I imagine a lot of fans here would’ve liked a two-prong QB strategy of bringing in a reliable vet and drafting one at #2. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, slats said:

I’m not sold that trading for Wentz takes them out of drafting a QB in the first round. In fact, I imagine a lot of fans here would’ve liked a two-prong QB strategy of bringing in a reliable vet and drafting one at #2. 

Agreed.  If Carson Wentz is the answer then there's something wrong with the question (stolen and slightly modified from Jeff Ross).

Though, as Jet fans, we can only hope that one day Zach Wilson will be as good as Carson Wentz.

1926489124_ZachBadPassToOpenWR.gif.6240d73bf64f008c9c015a5ea639e787.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

The funny part about this trade....the oddsmakers REDUCED the Commanders chances of winning the division/conference/Superbowl.

So Vegas thinks the Commanders are worse off with Wentz then they were with Hiennike (or however you spell his name).

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

The funny part about this trade....the oddsmakers REDUCED the Commanders chances of winning the division/conference/Superbowl.

So Vegas thinks the Commanders are worse off with Wentz then they were with Hiennike (or however you spell his name).

It's not real anyway though, right?  Aren't the Commanders from the movie "Draft Day"?

49 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Because having a ~14-17 type QB with legit NFL Skills is better for winning than having a ~27-32 type QB lacking most requisite NFL skills?

Honestly, it seems like fans have hit a point where they think QB's need to be top 3-5 or it doesn't matter, 12th, 17th, 32nd, all the same. 

It's very silly.

I think you're vastly underestimating Heinicke and vastly overrating Wentz.  His interpersonal issues are definitely real. If Reich had to publicly apologize for stumping to bring him in, he's a big issue.

Just now, Skeet Ulrich said:

I think you're vastly underestimating Heinicke and vastly overrating Wentz.  His interpersonal issues are definitely real. If Reich had to publicly apologize for stumping to bring him in, he's a big issue.

Heinicke sucks. 

He's a perfect example of how Fans lets emotion get in the way of winning. 

There is nothing about him that warrants him as an NFL starting QB.

But he's "plucky" and "undersized" and has a "a big heart" and plays with passion, so Fans love him despite the fact he sucks, and obviously so.

Hell, I'd rather have 2021 Wilson than 2021 Heinicke, and most folks know how I feel about 2021 Wilson.

Wentz may be a dickhead, but he's also a competent NFL starting QB. 

That alone is a huge upgrade, even if he doesn't make his teammates feel all warm and fuzzy with love.

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Heinicke sucks. 

He's a perfect example of how Fans lets emotion get in the way of winning. 

There is nothing about him that warrants him as an NFL starting QB.

But he's "plucky" and "undersized" and has a "a big heart" and plays with passion, so Fans love him despite the fact he sucks, and obviously so.

Hell, I'd rather have 2021 Wilson than 2021 Heinicke, and most folks know how I feel about 2021 Wilson.

Wentz may be a dickhead, but he's also a competent NFL starting QB. 

That alone is a huge upgrade, even if he doesn't make his teammates feel all warm and fuzzy with love.

Wentz also kinda sucks, is an a$$hole by all accounts, makes $28 million dollars and you had to give up two day 2 picks to get him. Not really seeing the upgrade.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

It's pretty funny but likely a product of Vegas setting the original line with the thought they would be in the market for Wilson/Rodgers. Once that fell through...

4 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Wentz also kinda sucks, is an a$$hole by all accounts, makes $28 million dollars and you had to give up two day 2 picks to get him. Not really seeing the upgrade.

Then perhaps you're looking in the wrong places.

Taylor Heinicke is 6'1", 210, with a sub-NFL class arm, and sub-NFL skills that is basically a 1:1 TD/INT type backup or third string type at best.  He played college at ODU ffs, and went undrafted for a very good reason, he wasn't considered any kind of pro-level talent.

Wentz is 6'5", 237, with a solid pro-level arm and skills, is a consistent 2:1 or even 3:1 TD:INT starter (with the exception of his final year in Philly), in mostly a winner (7 wins, 11 wins, 9 wins and 9 wins in seasons he was mostly healthy, with two losing years when hurt or benched (again final year in Philly was a poopshow). 

The two issues with Wentz are cost (which is a one year issue for the 'Ders) and the rumored attitude problems that no one can seem to actually pin down or prove outside vague innuendo or media-talking head presumptions.  

Don't get me wrong, Wentz is entirely average when healthy, a middle of the road guy through and through.  And his health is a risk.

But Heinicke is a joke, a Rudy meme ffs.  He's the 'Der's version of Mike White except worse, and the 'Ders had no Zach Wilson to go back to.

Keep in mind, their planned starter last year was not Heinicke, it was the ancient Ryan Fitzpatrick, a guy WFT Fans were very happy to get, and who himself isn't as good a QB as Wentz these days.  

Will Wentz carry the 2021 version of the Skins poop Defense to a Super Bowl?  Lol, nope.  Again, he's average.  If the 'Ders Defense returns to something like 2020 form, and they add a WR to pair with McLaurin (like Wilson/London at #11) they could easily be a playoff team and make a run of sorts in the QB-weak NFC.  The NFC East isn't exactly a powerhouse these days, outside maybe Dallas.

Ultimately, time will tell, but Heinicke's Mike White moment is almost assuredly over now.

Heard on Sirius yesterday on The Blitz that the Colts pretty much called everybody to try to trade Wentz. Story is that Wentz is a toxic presence in the building and teammates will not play for him. Always makes it about him, not the team. Sal Pal said basically the same thing last year before the trade, and he has probably the best Philly contacts in the business. Good player, sounds like terrible guy and teammate.