Team Thibs at 4, and Team Jamo at 10!

Lupz27

They are both top 5 players in this draft, best WR, and best Edge rusher.
Lets go look at the 2 top premium non QB positions, hmmmm wouldn’t you know WR and Edge are the top 2, Wr taken over Edge if you look at contracts.
Get it done JD!
Jetsy ... bravo

10 minutes ago, varjet said:

The Jets are picking at 4 and 10 in a draft critical for both the team development and the job security of the coaches and staff.

Thib and Jameson could end up as not great players.   These picks can backfire.  

Scary stuff.  This is basically the logic of how Quinnen and Jamal Adams got picked.  Maccagnan knew they would not be flops.

Thib is a bit small for a Jets DE as well as potentially being difficult  Williams is also undersized and coming off a major injury.  He should be fully recovered eventually, but....what can go wrong? 

That is why sum of us would take Sauce at 4, Jermaine Johnson at 10 and try and trade up into the bottom of the first round for Traylon Burks.  

Disagree based on positional value alone. Edges cost money and now so do WRs, might as well stock up on premium positions. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Lets go look at the 2 top premium non QB positions, hmmmm wouldn’t you know WR and Edge are the top 2, Wr taken over Edge if you look at contracts.

Get it done JD!

Fully on board. Unless we can swap our 10 and a 2nd either the eagles and saints for their 1sts, and still get Williams. 

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Get it done JD!

I'm with you. That's what I want.

But if they take Wilson and Johnson I wouldn't be upset. We need quality athletes at those positions. I prefer Williams at WR simply because he can make DCs worry a little more.

7 hours ago, varjet said:

The Jets are picking at 4 and 10 in a draft critical for both the team development and the job security of the coaches and staff.

Scary stuff.  This is basically the logic of how Quinnen and Jamal Adams got picked.  Maccagnan knew they would not be flops.

Thib is a bit small for a Jets DE as well as potentially being difficult  Williams is also undersized and coming off a major injury.  He should be fully recovered eventually, but....what can go wrong? 

That is why sum of us would take Sauce at 4, Jermaine Johnson at 10 and try and trade up into the bottom of the first round for Traylon Burks.  

Sauce I get but Johnson and Thibs are literally, the same exact size and Burks tested out as a slug.  Wouldnt exactly call this any safer than Thibs/Williams. 

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, varjet said:

So could any two picks you or anyone else mocks to 4th and 10th.

Have no idea how Thibs is a bit small.  Hes the same height and a few pounds less than Nick Bosa

28 minutes ago, Mo Lew said:

Disagree based on positional value alone. Edges cost money and now so do WRs, might as well stock up on premium positions. 

I really don't  get this argument anymore. Other teams pay their good and great players. It is rare a premium pass rusher, LT, or QB goes to another team. Even WR's don't  move around that much and when they do, the team trading them gets a fortune in draft capital. We have nobody on this team. Having to make a big payout would be a much better problem than everyone just sucking

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, varjet said:

This is basically the logic of how Quinnen and Jamal Adams got picked.  Maccagnan knew they would not be flops.

Quinine Williams and Jamal Adams were/are very good players - they just happen to  play non-premium positions.   

QW is a top 5 DT in win rate - Adams was, at worst a top 5 safety in the game...Happens to be that those positions don't make much of an impact in the current NFL.

In this scenario - if Thibs and Williams become top 5 players - the Jets will be a perennial playoff team.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I have seen more mocks in the last 3-4 days with Williams at 10 then I seemingly did the entire previous month.  

So it’s either an echo chamber in the draft community or there is some real buzz from somewhere that Williams is in the mix at 10

My guess is the eco-chamber thing is mostly what's driving it - but I think that's because of the recents and accurate reports about Williams rehab is ahead of pace with the very real possibility he'll be back by the start of camp.

The only reason he wasn't WR1/2  was because of that injury.  At this point I think most still Wilson going first and Williams going 2nd to the Jets at 10.

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I really don't  get this argument anymore. Other teams pay their good and great players. It is rare a premium pass rusher, LT, or QB goes to another team. Even WR's don't  move around that much and when they do, the team trading them gets a fortune in draft capital. We have nobody on this team. Having to make a big payout would be a much better problem than everyone just sucking

Not even sure what you are disagreeing with here. 

2 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I have seen more mocks in the last 3-4 days with Williams at 10 then I seemingly did the entire previous month.  

So it’s either an echo chamber in the draft community or there is some real buzz from somewhere that Williams is in the mix at 10

It's coming from somewhere because Costello, Cimini, Schrager have all mentioned Williams as a strong possibility for the Jets these past few days. 

On the flip side, it's sort of obvious that the Jets would strongly consider taking one of Wilson, Williams, or London at 10. They have made it clear they want another impact WR. 

Wilson may go off the board to Atlanta or another team we can't imagine beforehand, so Williams and London are obvious guesses. 

4 hours ago, varjet said:

Agree fully.  This draft is devoid of "elite star power" yet PACKED with solid prospects that will contribute and have long careers.

The strategy this year should be "Lets draft real football players that will be core members of our team for a good long time" 

Who fits that bill ???

Ickey, Sauce, Hamilton, Linderbaum and probably London

4 hours ago, varjet said:

NICE!!!!

6 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Get it done JD!

Easily best case scenario with THIBS + Garrett being a close 2nd best case.

1 hour ago, Mo Lew said:

Not even sure what you are disagreeing with here. 

The person I was responding to was basically saying we need to keep a pipeline of young WR because the position is expensive. It is only expensive if someone is good or great. Is there someone on the team aside from Moore who is in the second year of a rookie deal and doesn't  fit this discription for another 3 years the Jets need to worry about?

6 minutes ago, Larz said:

Isn’t Jameson Williams like 180 lbs ?

thats not ideal if your knee already blew out

nor is his route tree / lack of development. I think there's value in having that lid-lifting downfield guy, but the notion of spending a 1st round pick, let alone a top 10 on a guy who's injured and incomplete... doesn't resonate with me, anyway.

• Upvote 1