Training Camp Updates: Jets-Falcons Joint Practice #1

Lith

3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

apples to oranges.  Joint practices are a total different beast.  Sadly, the only time we've seen/heard about Zach vs. a different team was against Philly, which was not humming.  No biggie, doesnt mean much but not comparable really.

Agreed, it’s a different beast. It’s too bad Wilson didn’t get the opportunity. 

biggest concern with Wilson is his flimsy knee 

• Upvote 1

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Yes.

I had predraft concerns about Wilson being made of glass.

While the checkups at combine may show Wilson is "100%" and "all systems go", I don't know how you ignore / dismiss the injury history, slender frame, and how his freewheeling play style might not translate to the NFL when you are talking the #2 overall pick.

Wilson not only had the shoulder injury supposedly from "overthrowing".  He also injured his hand sort of trying to make a tackle after a bad INT.  If you watch the replay on it, there was barely any contact.

With Fields, for example, we all saw him take a brutal hit in the Natty semi, get some Miyagi treatment at the half or whatever, come back and not only play through it but dominate.

Please stop, my wounds still have not healed. 

2 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

, Zach seemed to be staring down his receivers a lot (which was also true on the interception).

People keep saying this - but it's ENTIRLEY untrue.  Not even a little true.  It seems to be people keep repeating because they want it to be true but it's not.

The only time he didn't look off was because that's what he's supposed to do.  You don't have to look off a 5 yard out.  that's the way the play is called, if he gets open you throw it, if he's not then you move to your second read.  The INT was his second read....

Fair criticism is fine, but this is exactly my point, sometimes if just made up to prove some narrative that doesn't exist.  

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

People keep saying this - but it's ENTIRLEY untrue.  Not even a little true.  It seems to be people keep repeating because they want it to be true but it's not.

The only time he didn't look off was because that's what he's supposed to do.  You don't have to look off a 5 yard out.  that's the way the play is called, if he gets open you throw it, if he's not then you move to your second read.  The INT was his second read....

Fair criticism is fine, but this is exactly my point, sometimes if just made up to prove some narrative that doesn't exist.  

Just out of curiosity, are there any areas that you feel Zach Wilson needs to improve on at all?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

This is a really good point that I did not consider. Nice. Cheers.

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Eh, I disagree. You can see it on the interception. The LB sees Zach lock onto his receiver right after the snap, and that's how he knows to jump the route. He telegraphed that pass with his eyes, and it's really frickin' obvious.

If you can't see that.

If You Say So Shrug GIF

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Sign of the times.

10 hours ago, JiFapono said:

This board had a mental breakdown after an absolutely meaningless preseason game and here we are reading reports the Jets were damn near dominant vs. another NFL team in what is actually the only meaningful preseason event and suddenly the team that picked 4th overall and 4 picks before the Falcons, is doing what they should be doing.  lol 

Yep, Jets fans suck!

• Post of the Week 1

12 hours ago, Lith said:

BREECE!!!!

Can’t believe I’m reading a sentence that couples a Jet RB and 80 TDs.

You couldn’t even see that with the great Freeman McNeil.

A home run hitting back, I think the last one the Jets had was John Riggins, been awhile.

This team short changed the Offense for half a Century and with the NFL being a “passing league” for quite awhile is it any surprise how this organization has struggled?

13 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Entirely untrue, not even a little true?  lmfao.  Why do you say these types of things?  You've already painted yourself as an unabashed relentless defender of any criticism about Wilson, so everything you post needs to be taken with a grain of salt but it's when you post stuff like this that, honestly, you're just drowning yourself out in your own noise making it even harder to take you even the slightest bit serious.

Every QB in the NFL stares down receivers.  It happens.  Even the greats telegraph it from time to time.  Brady, Rodgers does it, Mahomes does it, nobody is perfect, it happens.  Yet you make claims like this about the worst starting QB in the NFL and it's completely illogical.  Ofcourse he stares down receivers, the whole world say him do it the other night, trying to claim it was his second read is a full blown lie, why even try to pass it off?  lol  It's insulting to all of us.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, PorP said:

Wow. Another 6 pages of debating ZW in a totally unrelated thread..... you all should be proud....

200.gif

How is this unrelated?  The offense was seemingly on fire yesterday under Flacco.  Seems completely related to Zach Wilson being injured again.  There is a large majority of the fanbase who doesnt really care who the QB is, as long as they give the team the best chance to win and it's a reasonable debate after seeing what we saw of Wilson vs. what we're hearing about today in a much more meaningful situation. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

How is this unrelated?  The offense was seemingly on fire yesterday under Flacco.  Seems completely related to Zach Wilson being injured again.  There is a large majority of the fanbase who doesnt really care who the QB is, as long as they give the team the best chance to win and it's a reasonable debate after seeing what we saw of Wilson vs. what we're hearing about today in a much more meaningful situation. 

Was ZW even on the field????? Or on any grass????

It's WAS a dam practice thread... that ZW wasn't even at.  there are 99 other threads discussing QB1

That's how

2 minutes ago, PorP said:

Was ZW even on the field????? Or on any grass????

It's WAS a dam practice thread... that ZW wasn't even at.  there are 99 other threads discussing QB1

That's how

Yeah bud, sorry, you're wrong.  It's all related and this is going to continue to happen until Zach Wilson can shut everyone up and when reports of Flacco and the offense on fire keep coming out, it's only going to get worse.

Buckle up! 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I think he might mean it may be unrelated as in the fact that Wilson didn’t stare down any receivers in practice all day. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Yeah bud, sorry, you're wrong.  It's all related and this is going to continue to happen until Zach Wilson can shut everyone up and when reports of Flacco and the offense on fire keep coming out, it's only going to get worse.

Buckle up! 

That's the goofiest excuse I've ever seen. By that same ridiculous logic.... let's just start debating ford versus Chevy because the forestry department uses them and they're green....

And you and the other ones just have to bring it into every thread.... this thread got so infected another poster created a highlight thread for yesterday.... and what did you and the band if brothers do.....

5 minutes ago, PorP said:

That's the goofiest excuse I've ever seen. By that same ridiculous logic.... let's just start debating ford versus Chevy because the forestry department uses them and they're green....

And you and the other ones just have to bring it into every thread.... this thread got so infected another poster created a highlight thread for yesterday.... and what did you and the band if brothers do.....

Goofy excuse?  what am I making excuse for? lol  weirdo  I'm not going to even get into this silly post but all I can say is I think you need to get used to this buddy.  This is general thread about practice yesterday and the offense was on fire without Zach, if you dont see how that is related, well,

If You Say So Shrug GIF

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Goofy excuse?  what am I making excuse for? lol  weirdo  I'm not going to even get into this silly post but all I can say is I think you need to get used to this buddy.  This is general thread about practice yesterday and the offense was on fire without Zach, if you dont see how that is related, well,

If You Say So Shrug GIF

The excuse is for the lack of maturity and restraint that it would take not to infect every thread with this garbage....  the excuse is well... he's a jet so it's magically all related, just deal with it. 

You use the same rational as any 3 year old crying for a sucker.... whether the store they are in has suckers or not. 

Not worth further infecting this thread about... I'm out

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

Entirely untrue, not even a little true?  lmfao.  Why do you say these types of things?  You've already painted yourself as an unabashed relentless defender of any criticism about Wilson, so everything you post needs to be taken with a grain of salt but it's when you post stuff like this that, honestly, you're just drowning yourself out in your own noise making it even harder to take you even the slightest bit serious.

Every QB in the NFL stares down receivers.  It happens.  Even the greats telegraph it from time to time.  Brady, Rodgers does it, Mahomes does it, nobody is perfect, it happens.  Yet you make claims like this about the worst starting QB in the NFL and it's completely illogical.  Ofcourse he stares down receivers, the whole world say him do it the other night, trying to claim it was his second read is a full blown lie, why even try to pass it off?  lol  It's insulting to all of us.

People stare down receivers when they're supposed to, when that's the play call.  When you're taught to stare down the receiver.  .  Short throws, when they're supposed to be short throws they're taught to eye that receiver and throw it to him....Now if that receiver isn't open you then move to the second read.  I even made that point in the post!

Sometimes I wonder if you're just looking to argue.  

Go ahead and watch the film of the 6 passes Zach threw.  Two times - he didn't look off - both of those were short passes where he was supposed to stare down the receiver.

It's okay that Zach Wilson does some things well, I promise you can still attack him - people will still love you for it. but It won't be the end of the world.