Jets have to much Talent to be playing this bad

nyjets1969

1 minute ago, nyjets1969 said:

Let's looks at the roster the Jets have the weapons in Garret Wilson, Moore Breece Hall michael Carter, Conklin the OL on paper is decent the defensive quinten  Williams Carl Lawson Jermaine Johnson LBs CJ mosely Kwon Alexander DB with Reed , Gardner Joyner this team should least be competitive even with Flacco at QB. Think comes down to terrible coaching unprepareness. The Giants are a mess and they won with less talent. Whats is the solution I wasn't expecting to win a SB but they should be competitive. Just plain disgusting what we as fans have to live with.

If you have a bad QB and a weak OL all the weapons in the world are going to loose.

On the flip side, we got to see some of the young talent especially on the D side play very well.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

8 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

If you have a bad QB and a weak OL all the weapons in the world are going to loose.

On the flip side, we got to see some of the young talent especially on the D side play very well.

Flacco didn't do anything to lose the game he had 300 yards 1 td 1int  Carter was pounding the ball I say a lot of drop balls yes OL is missing elite LT but interior is strong why aren't they running interior wise. You have a slow unmobile QB why not build a game plan around that emphasis on pounding Hall carter having safety dump offs with all the TEs they are paying 36 million too. Saw nothing they looked unprepared poor play selection just terrible.

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, nyjets1969 said:

Flacco didn't do anything to lose the game he had 300 yards 1 td 1int  Carter was pounding the ball I say a lot of drop balls yes OL is missing elite LT but interior is strong why aren't they running interior wise. You have a slow unmobile QB why not build a game plan around that emphasis on pounding Hall carter having safety dump offs with all the TEs they are paying 36 million too. Saw nothing they looked unprepared poor play selection just terrible.

And that is the problem; while he may not have done anything to lose the game, he did nothing to win the game. Yep, the gameplan was bad, but what gameplay was going to beat a team with strong DL and non mobile 37 year old QB? The running game wasn't working in the first half - It wasn't until the team used to the pass to set up the run.

You win and lose games in the trenches; IOW our OL against their DL - no time to throw, unable to avoid the blitz. If the OL can get into a rhythm then maybe; not sure Flacco can win in this league anymore.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, nyjets1969 said:

Let's looks at the roster the Jets have the weapons in Garret Wilson, Moore Breece Hall michael Carter, Conklin the OL on paper is decent the defensive quinten  Williams Carl Lawson Jermaine Johnson LBs CJ mosely Kwon Alexander DB with Reed , Gardner Joyner this team should least be competitive even with Flacco at QB. Think comes down to terrible coaching unprepareness. The Giants are a mess and they won with less talent. Whats is the solution I wasn't expecting to win a SB but they should be competitive. Just plain disgusting what we as fans have to live with.

How did this defense play bad? They were fast, flying to the ball.  They were gassed in 3rd qtr.  this was about turnovers and not converting 3rd downs.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

And that is the problem; while he may not have done anything to lose the game, he did nothing to win the game. Yep, the gameplan was bad, but what gameplay was going to beat a team with strong DL and non mobile 37 year old QB? The running game wasn't working in the first half - It wasn't until the team used to the pass to set up the run.

You win and lose games in the trenches; IOW our OL against their DL - no time to throw, unable to avoid the blitz. If the OL can get into a rhythm then maybe; not sure Flacco can win in this league anymore.

Flacco isn't an elite QB he isnt winning the game himself you have to help him by building a gameplan around his abilities. I didn't see a gameplan  no adjustments Flacco did what he dies manages the game its up to your coaching staff to put a scheme that helps him.

3 minutes ago, Titan24 said:

How did this defense play bad? They were fast, flying to the ball.  They were gassed in 3rd qtr.  this was about turnovers and not converting 3rd downs.

never said defense played bad it's more on offense but like I said no adjustment to give Flacco any help like I said he is a game manager you have to adjust offense to help him nothing was done. Think this falls all on coaching staff just to much Talent on both sides of ball to lose this bad look at Giants mess they have, they beat the Titans. 

• Upvote 2

Its the QB.  

If they have to go with Flacco, they need to run a different offense.

He is a fit for a smash mouth running game.  Defense comes up to stop the run and Flacco lets a long one fly.

It was no accident that the Ravens played that way when he was there. 

The Jets cant run the offence I saw today with Flacco

• Upvote 1

The defense played as well as we could have hoped 
we have no QB and the offense shots themselves in the foot a million times, like it was absurd 
il giving them a few more weeks to get the offense rolling before I completely jump ship

The defense played really well considering the Ravens had a short field thanks to refs n flacco. They hit on a deep bomb, hall had good coverage and the guy caught the ball (happens sometimes)

Also, Flacco sux, we’re better off running the wildcat with hall and carter than playing him.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, August said:

We don’t have a quarterback. And the oline is like a leaking faucet. 

Flacco has 300 yards 1 TD 1 Int didn't do anything to lose the game Carter was moving the ball so OL was working somewhat still leaning towards comes down to coaching no scheme or gameplan around Flacco . When comes down to it what could Douglas do except draft wirf over Becton still think he screwed up drafting Wilson.  Fant has been solid at LT max Mitchell so far looks to be doing fine at RT maybe they should have gameplan to add in Xtra TE to block to protect Flaccos immobility and a dump off safety valve very poor gameplan.

5 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

No they don't 

They have bad coaching and bad players .

When you guys like Cager, Sheperd,  and that corner 37 taking major snaps then your talent pool is bad .

LB unit is a disaster 

Pass rush is not good 

OL can't block 

Pass catchers can't Pass 

The rebuild hasn't started yet. Wait for it.

Proven coach is sitting out this season, counting his money. Bobby needs to show that he's taking this team forward, or I could foresee the Jets being in on the Payton sweepstakes by Black Monday.

By black Monday? It should be this Monday, Payton could coach the entire team to a better record by himself than Saleh n his staff.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I couldn’t agree more. I had high hopes for Saleh when we hired him, but he honestly hasn’t done one thing since being hired that makes me think he’s a good coach.

He has done plenty to look clueless though.

I can’t imagine Woody keeping him in 2023 if this season continues the same + Giants look good.

If the Giants win 8+ and the jets have another sub-6 season then it's gonna get ugly. 

• Upvote 1

No they don't 
They have bad coaching and bad players .
When you guys like Cager, Sheperd,  and that corner 37 taking major snaps then your talent pool is bad .
LB unit is a disaster 
Pass rush is not good 
OL can't block 
Pass catchers can't Pass 

What exactly does pass catchers can’t pass mean?

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

QB is like a pitcher in baseball.

You can have all the talent in the world, if your pitcher(s) suck, the team sucks.

Flacco phukkin sucks.

Flacco 300 yards 1 TD 1 int he didn't do anything to lose he isnt elite he is a game manager his job is to get the ball into hands and let the talent around him. The coaches job is to build a game plan to help him do it. So where was gameplan today clearly Carter and Breece were making some big runs where were some different blocking schemes maybe use 1 of those 36 mlion TEs to compensate for Flaccos immobility. Didn't see any of that. We have look at the whole picture there is way to much Talent to look this bad.

50 minutes ago, nyjets1969 said:

Flacco did a TON to lose. He had the most non descript 300 yards I've ever seen. In honestly felt like he finished with 100 yards passing. He held the ball forever despite seeing his oline struggle. Once the team got down, he was a sitting duck.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, nyjets1969 said:

Flacco 300 yards 1 TD 1 int he didn't do anything to lose he isnt elite he is a game manager his job is to get the ball into hands and let the talent around him. The coaches job is to build a game plan to help him do it. So where was gameplan today clearly Carter and Breece were making some big runs where were some different blocking schemes maybe use 1 of those 36 mlion TEs to compensate for Flaccos immobility. Didn't see any of that. We have look at the whole picture there is way to much Talent to look this bad.

300 yards on almost 60 pass attempts works out at 5 yards per pass. That's not winning football.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, nyjets1969 said:

Flacco isn't an elite QB he isnt winning the game himself you have to help him by building a gameplan around his abilities. I didn't see a gameplan  no adjustments Flacco did what he dies manages the game its up to your coaching staff to put a scheme that helps him.

LOL - when Zack loses a game - A good QB needs to elevate the team; when Flacco loses - the team sucks.

Regardless of your opinion, Flacco did nothing to help that team win. Stood there like a statue, passes were off, he was flat.

Game plan or not he was not a winning QB - certainly not today; the title said 'too much talent' to be playing this bad, that does not include Flacco, IMO. He has to do enough to win a game and not be just above bad so you can't blame him. There were plenty of passes that incomplete because they were off and others made by great catches.

All I heard last year is that Zach needs to hit the receivers in stride, accuracy, blah...

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

I couldn’t agree more. I had high hopes for Saleh when we hired him, but he honestly hasn’t done one thing since being hired that makes me think he’s a good coach.

He has done plenty to look clueless though.

I can’t imagine Woody keeping him in 2023 if this season continues the same + Giants look good.

What did he do that made him look clueless?  
What do the Giants winning today have to do with anything?

• Upvote 1