Jets have to much Talent to be playing this bad

nyjets1969

1 hour ago, nyjets1969 said:

Flacco didn't do anything to lose the game he had 300 yards 1 td 1int  Carter was pounding the ball I say a lot of drop balls yes OL is missing elite LT but interior is strong why aren't they running interior wise. You have a slow unmobile QB why not build a game plan around that emphasis on pounding Hall carter having safety dump offs with all the TEs they are paying 36 million too. Saw nothing they looked unprepared poor play selection just terrible.

Actually Fant was supposed  to be elite

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What did he do that made him look clueless?  
What do the Giants winning today have to do with anything?

nothing

thats what makes this board so hard sometimes. the stupid jump to conclusions takes. last year it was Brady and how he would fix Sam and why didnt we get him as a HC. then he is fire halfway through the season.

now we have to hear how good Daboll is and why didnt we get him over Saleh. after just one game!!! we will see how this one ages but still it wont stop this week. i expect to hear it alot. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Actually Fant was supposed  to be elite

Fant told everyone he wants to pay LT. then they move him to RT 2 weeks ago and then back to LT a few days ago. when we signed Brown we should have told him he is playing RT or dont sign with us. now what, after Brown comes back in a few weeks we move Fant back to RT ? 

1 hour ago, nyjets1969 said:

Flacco didn't do anything to lose the game he had 300 yards 1 td 1int  Carter was pounding the ball I say a lot of drop balls yes OL is missing elite LT but interior is strong why aren't they running interior wise. You have a slow unmobile QB why not build a game plan around that emphasis on pounding Hall carter having safety dump offs with all the TEs they are paying 36 million too. Saw nothing they looked unprepared poor play selection just terrible.

speaks to the coaching issues

This team is too talented? 

Really? 

The thing is... I'm not sure they really are any good 

QW is their best player. And most of the fanbase thinks he's not deserving of a bag. 

This team lacks difference makers. There's no jersey sellers. 

They are probably going to be underdogs in every game they play. 

It's not too much underused talent it's a lack of high end 

Guys like Sauce, JJ etc had good games but those who believe that the roster is being undercoached should look at other rosters 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

This team is too talented? 

Really? 

The thing is... I'm not sure they really are any good 

QW is their best player. And most of the fanbase thinks he's not deserving of a bag. 

This team lacks difference makers. There's no jersey sellers. 

They are probably going to be underdogs in every game they play. 

It's not too much underused talent it's a lack of high end 

Guys like Sauce, JJ etc had good games but those who believe that the roster is being undercoached should look at other rosters 

Nothing here I can fully disagree with. Yet, though not good, certainly better than last years roster. So I’d say we should see some positive changes and if we don’t then the coaching  staff needs to be glared at. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nyjets1969 said:

Let's looks at the roster the Jets have the weapons in Garret Wilson, Moore Breece Hall michael Carter, Conklin the OL on paper is decent the defensive quinten  Williams Carl Lawson Jermaine Johnson LBs CJ mosely Kwon Alexander DB with Reed , Gardner Joyner this team should least be competitive even with Flacco at QB. Think comes down to terrible coaching unprepareness. The Giants are a mess and they won with less talent. Whats is the solution I wasn't expecting to win a SB but they should be competitive. Just plain disgusting what we as fans have to live with.

No. Why would you expect a Jets win today? They have historically sucked in September, are 1-9 against the Ravens, are coming off a 4 win season, are starting a QB who is 0-7 as a Jets starter, have an OL with no experience playing together and a huge hole at tackle. Why? The “talent” you reference are mainly untested rookies with no NFL resumes. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Nothing here I can fully disagree with. Yet, though not good, certainly better than last years roster. So I’d say we should see some positive changes and if we don’t then the coaching  staff needs to be glared at. 

They are a better roster than last year. No question. But that speaks to how dog sh*t last year's roster was 

Meanwhile the schedule is harder, the afc is stacked, and Zach keeps getting hurt 

The coaches are an easy target but Vince Lombardi loses these games starting Joe Flacco 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Because the CS did what today to lose the game?  

did not put the players in a position to succeed

Horrible in game/half time adjustments...

If you think the CS has not part of winning or losing than it just makes me smdh..

unless you think it was a well coached and managed game..say so if you do

....I will wait

We need the coaches to read these boards.  

Salah thinks he's being smart.  Just like the last however many coaches.

If you're reading coach.  Stop scheming and read.  You were phukkin stupid for keeping Flacco in there.  Bench him.  Start Strev.  We're old dudes here who have watched the organization longer than you've been alive.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

They are a better roster than last year. No question. But that speaks to how dog sh*t last year's roster was 

Meanwhile the schedule is harder, the afc is stacked, and Zach keeps getting hurt 

The coaches are an easy target but Vince Lombardi loses these games starting Joe Flacco 

The way Flacco played t you would have thought they went to high school together, 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, sciond said:

did not put the players in a position to succeed

Horrible in game/half time adjustments...

If you think the CS has not part of winning or losing than it just makes me smdh..

unless you think it was a well coached and managed game..say so if you do

....I will wait

What does this mean?  How did they put players in position to not succeed?  
what adjust ents should have been made?  It’s as cliche as it gets

7 hours ago, bitonti said:

You do that exercise where you list the five best players on the Jets and compare that five to the best five from really any other roster and you realize how bleak it is.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What does this mean?  How did they put players in position to not succeed?  
what adjust ents should have been made?  It’s as cliche as it gets

You must not have watched the game.

The fact that you are asking me these things says one of  two things

1) You have rosy colored glasses

or 

2) You do not understand the nuts and bolts  pf the game... go watch the film if you do. I have watched it twice now. The schemes left something to be desired as did the play calling. But seriously nobody here wants an x and o breakdown..it is a  snooze fest

1 hour ago, doitny said:

Fant told everyone he wants to pay LT. then they move him to RT 2 weeks ago and then back to LT a few days ago. when we signed Brown we should have told him he is playing RT or dont sign with us. now what, after Brown comes back in a few weeks we move Fant back to RT ? 

Fant played LT for the majority of the preseason. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, sciond said:

You must not have watched the game.

The fact that you are asking me these things says one of  two things

1) You have rosy colored glasses

or 

2) You do not understand the nuts and bolts  pf the game... go watch the film if you do. I have watched it twice now. The schemes left something to be desired as did the play calling. But seriously nobody here wants an x and o breakdown..it is a  snooze fest

I don’t understand the nuts and bolts of the game? While you give cliches in why they lost?  Want some nuts and bolts?  They fell down to cause an INT and change field position.   They missed a simple FG.  After their TE fumbled a pass on 3rd down which would have given them a 1st down.  They had a shanked punt after a stop which would have at least flipped the field.  It’s how they lost.  Not some cliche about putting players in a position to win.  The players F’d up.  

This roster is easily the worst in the entire nfl.  We are performing at where we should be— and I’m not a Saleh defender 

offensive line sucks

qbs are horrible (including the 2nd pick overall)

WRs are ok, way overrated by jets fans

RBs - Carter is a good safety valve guy but nothing special, Hall looks mediocre but there’s no blocking and the qbs stink

And this defense is atrocious

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

The question isn't did they improve. It's did they improve more than the Bills or the Dolphins who they're chasing? 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

I don’t understand the nuts and bolts of the game? While you give cliches in why they lost?  Want some nuts and bolts?  They fell down to cause an INT and change field position.   They missed a simple FG.  After their TE fumbled a pass on 3rd down which would have given them a 1st down.  They had a shanked punt after a stop which would have at least flipped the field.  It’s how they lost.  Not some cliche about putting players in a position to win.  The players F’d up.  

So you thought the play calling  was great? The coverage schemes were good? The blocking schemes were good? How bout the situational substitutions? Play calling and adjustments were stellar? You think they modified there their offense to the strength's of Flacco? I could go on.... oh and most of the best things they did were in garbage time at the end

1 hour ago, sciond said:

So you thought the play calling  was great? The coverage schemes were good? The blocking schemes were good? How bout the situational substitutions? Play calling and adjustments were stellar? You think they modified there their offense to the strength's of Flacco? I could go on.... oh and most of the best things they did were in garbage time at the end

Yeah, more cliches 

Just like you saw padding that went on in garbage time.  And you claim to have watched the game

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

What did he do that made him look clueless?  
What do the Giants winning today have to do with anything?

If the Giants turn it around faster with their new GM + HC that’s going to really make us even worse in Woody’s eyes…guaranteed.

Most things. Seemingly never has his team prepared, has no idea about his own player injuries, no back up plans, 2nd half adjustments are only for the opponent and we get outclassed, punting on 4th and short constantly, etc etc etc

10 hours ago, nyjets1969 said:

Let's looks at the roster the Jets have the weapons in Garret Wilson, Moore Breece Hall michael Carter, Conklin the OL on paper is decent the defensive quinten  Williams Carl Lawson Jermaine Johnson LBs CJ mosely Kwon Alexander DB with Reed , Gardner Joyner this team should least be competitive even with Flacco at QB. Think comes down to terrible coaching unprepareness. The Giants are a mess and they won with less talent. Whats is the solution I wasn't expecting to win a SB but they should be competitive. Just plain disgusting what we as fans have to live with.

That’s a lot of rookies you’re depending on

9 hours ago, usapaw said:

JD has to take a hit here. He has had several years to fix the OL, and yet our weakest point is still that. Mecki Buston. 

Not faulting JD for injuries, but he should have kept Moses from last year and put the same line out there as last year and with the addition of Tomlinson, that could have been much better than what was out there yesterday.

This is all on coaching.   Look around the league.   The Giants , the Steelers, the bears....

All bad teams that had coaching staffs that put together a game plan to put them in a position to win. Week after week we are not in any position to win. We lose by double digits every game. Something is very wrong with this coaching staff

• Upvote 1