CJ Uzomah

Rhg1084

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Amazing how quickly the optimism about the TE position has dimmed. Some folks should reread the off-season threads about Uzomah and Conlklin. 

I’d say almost too quick. Yet, the two fumbles are honestly a big concern and hopefully we’ve seen the last of that unacceptable nonsense. But I’m hoping with that, Uzomah gets healthy and contributes going forward and doesn’t Trumaine Johnson us like so many before. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

58 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I’d say almost too quick. Yet, the two fumbles are honestly a big concern and hopefully we’ve seen the last of that unacceptable nonsense. But I’m hoping with that, Uzomah gets healthy and contributes going forward and doesn’t Trumaine Johnson us like so many before. 

Ruckert is where I have put my faith for the TE position.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Cager is the next Jimmy Graham. 

Yeah totally can see that. Well, except Graham was a 3rd round pick and Cager undrafted. Oh, and Graham produced 130 catches for 1,666 yards and 16 TDs his first two years while Cager had 2/35/0 over his.

But other than those details, same guy.

• Haha 2

Just now, jgb said:

Yeah totally can see that. Well, except Graham was a 3rd round pick and Cager undrafted. Oh, and Graham produced 130 catches for 1,666 yards and 16 TDs his first two years while Cager produced 2/35/0 over his.

But other than those details, same guy.

You have to squint a little bit and pretend Cager has normal sized hands, but yeah... same guy! 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Both conky and uzomah are stop gaps for a year until rucker is ready to explode on the scene next year.  Money doesnt really matter on these short term deals. 

Probably, but we need more than just Ruckert; besides that may suck, but they were instantly better than anything we had here (even for a while). In my mind, they did their jobs as Westco is no longer here. When you have a bad team with little to no depth, you upgrade whenever you can. I would suspect we will be bringing in young TEs over the next couple of years (drafts, waived, UDFA) until we can upgrade more. TE was a wasteland the last several years; now at least we have some TEs who can block and catch. Baby steps.