If given the option to swap out (either or both) picks #4 and #10 for other players, would you do it and for who?

TuscanyTile2

I’m Perfectly happy with how those picks worked out.  We got two special players on rookie contracts.  Can’t ask for anything more than that.  I also think Jermaine Johnson will be a big player for us once these moron coaches realize that he needs to play more and stop these silly rotations 

No way I would change 4 or 10 or Hall in the 2nd. I wouldn’t have traded up for JJ but I hope it works out. Someone earlier thought Ruckert was a questionable pick but I think he is helping the team in a blocking role now while he learns the full scope of the tight end position. I think he will be an excellent choice.

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Given what you know right now, would you change either (or both) of our picks at #4 and #10?  Personally I'm happy with both of our picks but I could see some people potentially wanting to swap out one of them out for an OL.

Nice thought provoking thread.

Edit: Not sarcasm, serious. I figured that I should clarify based on the board’s history.

• Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

I love Sauce but said at the time I would have taken Ekwonu.  Would have gone Wilson at 10.  Breece Hall this far looks like a luxury third down back, not powerful enough between the tackles.  I would have gone safety in Round 2.  And drafted an RB later.  

Breece Hall, to me has been a disappointment.   I loved the pick and was begging for it - but so far I've seen nothing "special" about him.  He looks good out of the backfield..But, to your point, doesn't seem strong enough between the tackles - and not showing the burst I expected to see.

Seems like he'll be a quality back - but you don't trade up high into the second round for a quality back.  You're looking for Special.

Not saying he can't be more than what he's been in the first three weeks, but so far I'm not impressed.

I'd swap Sauce for Ikey

i know how it sounds, especially because Sauce is a great man cover corner 

the problem is the Jets don't play man and Sauce is a luxury 

the other problem is that LT is simulaniously the 2nd most important position on the team and also a dire sinkhole 

Becton, Brown, Fant, Conor, Remmers, Ogbuehi the Jets front office has done nothing but throw resources at a spot they thought was fine in the draft. 

it's actually gotten to the point where the LT sinkhole is hurting the rest of the team. 

don't believe me? they had to extend Mosely (a guy who sucks in the 4-3) because they needed to make room for Duane Brown 

the LT problem is making the linebackers worse long term that's how bad LT has gotten 

Zach's development is more important than finding a guy who can cover Waddle when Tua throws it to Hill instead. 

besides protecting Zach, these are resources that could be used in other areas like a real backup QB or safeties who can make tackles

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Breece Hall, to me has been a disappointment.   I loved the pick and was begging for it - but so far I've seen nothing "special" about him.  He looks good out of the backfield..But, to your point, doesn't seem strong enough between the tackles - and not showing the burst I expected to see.

Seems like he'll be a quality back - but you don't trade up high into the second round for a quality back.  You're looking for Special.

Not saying he can't be more than what he's been in the first three weeks, but so far I'm not impressed.

I remember when I looked at his highlights I wasn't overly impressed at anything other than his pass catching.  I still hope I'll be wrong about him though.  There's very rarely a need to draft a RB in the 1st 2 rounds unless you view the guy as a game changer (though even those guys don't work out very often.  e.g. Saquon and Leonard Fournette).

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

I'd swap Sauce for Ikey

i know how it sounds, especially because Sauce is a great man cover corner 

the problem is the Jets don't play man and Sauce is a luxury 

the other problem is that LT is simulaniously the 2nd most important position on the team and also a dire sinkhole 

Becton, Brown, Fant, Conor, Remmers, Ogbuehi the Jets front office has done nothing but throw resources at a spot they thought was fine in the draft. 

it's actually gotten to the point where the LT sinkhole is hurting the rest of the team. 

don't believe me? they had to extend Mosely (a guy who sucks in the 4-3) because they needed to make room for Duane Brown 

these are resources that could be used in other areas like a real backup QB or safeties who can make tackles

We have a real backup QB.  It's just that our HC fell in love with a washed up statue in Flacco.

Just now, slimjasi said:

This sounds like a problem with the coaching staff, not the player. 

there's some truth to that but let's game out Sauce's best case

they fire Saleh

they install another new D that plays to Sauce's strengths

Sauce plays lock down for a few years. Now he's 26 and wants 100 million dollars

It's Revis all over again and they will just trade him away to a contender 

It's very hard to imagine a scenario where any team (not just the Jets but ANY team) takes a CB at 4 overall and then resigns that player for life 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We have a real backup QB.  It's just that our HC fell in love with a washed up statue in Flacco.

JD traded a draft pick for Flacco and paid him 3.5 million. Contracts and draft capital dictate playing time 

Saleh can't overrule JD on QB decisions, and even if he could 

the Flacco era is JD's fault for believing in Flacco that much that Saleh had to play him 

they should have just hired him as a QB coach or whatever because he's done as a player in the league 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jets0712 said:

To his credit. At that juncture in the game. That was his only option. If the sideline was not open. That’s what he should have done. No timeouts. Under 20 seconds. And on the 35. Can’t mess up getting that 3 there at least. So no problem with that at all

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

That was for one play not the others . 

13 minutes ago, bitonti said:

JD traded a draft pick for Flacco and paid him 3.5 million. Contracts and draft capital dictate playing time 

Saleh can't overrule JD on QB decisions, and even if he could 

the Flacco era is JD's fault for believing in Flacco that much that Saleh had to play him 

they should have just hired him as a QB coach or whatever because he's done as a player in the league 

The Eagles signed Carson Wentz to a big extension and then replaced him with Hurts. 

Years ago, the Pats signed Bledsoe to a big extension and replaced him with Brady.

Surely the Jets could replace the ancient Flacco with the HOF'er.

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The Eagles signed Carson Wentz to a big extension and then replaced him with Hurts. 

Years ago, the Pats signed Bledsoe to a big extension and replaced him with Brady.

Surely the Jets could replace the ancient Flacco with the HOF'er.

both of those starters got hurt giving the teams cover to change their mistake 

Flacco stinks but he's durable and can take a hit 

the real problem here is that Zach Wilson can't 

hence swapping Sauce for Ikey 

they can't play musical chairs at LT with Zach back there all fragile 

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

both of those starters got hurt giving the teams cover to change their mistake 

Flacco stinks but he's durable and can take a hit 

the real problem here is that Zach Wilson can't 

hence swapping Sauce for Ikey 

they can't play musical chairs at LT with Zach back there all fragile 

Wentz was replaced due to performance, not injury.

https://www.nfl.com/news/eagles-rookie-qb-jalen-hurts-replaces-carson-wentz-in-3q-vs-packers

image.thumb.png.eb47bf64ee25628a428300b0c53407c1.png

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

there's some truth to that but let's game out Sauce's best case

they fire Saleh

they install another new D that plays to Sauce's strengths

Sauce plays lock down for a few years. Now he's 26 and wants 100 million dollars

It's Revis all over again and they will just trade him away to a contender 

It's very hard to imagine a scenario where any team (not just the Jets but ANY team) takes a CB at 4 overall and then resigns that player for life 

I hear ya, but right now, give me a few years of Sauce. 

5 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Given what you know right now, would you change either (or both) of our picks at #4 and #10?  Personally I'm happy with both of our picks but I could see some people potentially wanting to swap out one of them out for an OL.

Then those 'some people' are being idiotic.

THREE GAMES into the season.  THREE games.  THREE games into their careers.  

That would be another example of a LONG list of examples why the Jets can't have nice things.  Oh, this fan base.

21 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Then those 'some people' are being idiotic.

THREE GAMES into the season.  THREE games.  THREE games into their careers.  

That would be another example of a LONG list of examples why the Jets can't have nice things.  Oh, this fan base.

I disagree with your premise.  It's only 3 games into GW's career but I already think he's going to be great.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I disagree with your premise.  It's only 3 games into GW's career but I already think he's going to be great.  

And that is probably premature as well.  The guy is showing GREAT promise.  

But whether they are destined for greatness or not, to even start thinking about "maybe we should have drafted someone different" shows how desperate Jets fans are for success.  And desperate people make BAD decisions.

That is why I hope we stick with JD.  I really do.  

FLAME AWAY EVERYONE!