Moore not at practice?

3 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

When one of those teams is inevitably shutting down the run during a game it will be sink or swim time for Zach and the gang, until that time I don't see the need to pontificate profusly over the matter.

When that time comes and if Zach fails as you believe  I will fully understand your need to expunge your bowels all of these here message boards.

You may get your wish as early as this weekend but between Denver's offensive struggles and their middle of the pack Run D  I believe we should once again be able to establish the run and win on the ground. 

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

If you look at his numbers during the three pass-happy Flacco games THIS year, they suggest that his issue isn’t really the QB, it’s his role in the offense.

His touches are being taken away by a vastly improved running game, Garrett Wilson, Conklin, and both running backs out of the backfield, not to mention Berrios on gadget runs. 

It also appears that the Jets are insisting on using him as an outside WR on longer developing routes down the field, which many here have questioned. 

And guess what? If we can run the ball effectively again against another elite passing defense, he’s unlikely to get many touches this week, either. 

Me: we should trade Elijah Moore while the getting is good. 

You guys: Eff you, Jets hater. The Jets are a running team now and into the future.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Augustiniak said:

How many moore times are we going to see #8 get zero separation on a deep route and wilson throw it up there with no chance of him jumping up to get it.  Truth, if you’re going to play mims, play him over moore, and see if having a very tall wr improves the passing game. 

Or maybe just put Moore in the slot and let him run some slants and crossing routes?

And again, I challenge anyone to watch the GB tape and find the plays where we should have forced Moore the ball. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

I would posit that 6'1"'ish Zach may have trouble seeing 5'10" Moore when he is open....

Zach’s over 6’ 2”.  Has nothing to do with seeing the field or whatever nonsense we’re now arguing.  Moore was pissed that he wasn’t targeted.  That’s on LaFleur, not on Sachs imaginary height issues. 

Just now, slimjasi said:

Or maybe just put Moore in the slot and let him run some slants and crossing routes?

And again, I challenge anyone to watch the GB tape and find the plays where we should have forced Moore the ball. 

I think wilson could benefit from having taller targets and that’s one reason the TEs are getting involved.  At some point ruckert should join in too.  And berrios is not targeted much, his main value on offense is on gadget plays.  But with moore, someone his size should be juking better b/c he can’t do anything else.  

You have moore and mims, 2 2nd round wrs, neither is a complete wr.  But which one will help ZW more?

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

FWIW, Wilson is legitimately over 6'2" if barely.  He actually should be slightly taller than Rodgers and considerably taller than Tua, Wilson, Murray, etc.  I believe that he is the exact same height as Mahomes.  I never heard that Mahomes or Tua couldn't see Tyreek Hill.  Moore, on the other hand, is closer to 5'9 than 5'10", but that is still more than a full inch taller than Hill. 

Not to contradict @Warfish too much, but here’s Wilson’s heat chart from this season. LaFleur is baking in a lot of short stuff over the middle and in Zach’s face. Problem, Zach has been pretty bad everywhere else. This is a PJ Walker passing game right now.

BE8A774D-40E4-46ED-833E-1FC180B690AC.png

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

You guys: Eff you, Jets hater. The Jets are a running team now and into the future.

The future is unclear. Three games ago, we weren’t a strong running team. Now, we are. What will the narrative be 3 or 4 games from now? Maybe let things breathe for half a season . . . maybe? 

It makes more sense to me to hang onto a talented second year WR and let him finish the year than to trade him for a draft pick we don’t really need.

the other factor here is that we haven’t yet had any WR injuries this year. Realistically, that will change. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Thats not what I said Thomas.

wizard of oz scarecrow GIF

I said the gameplan should not change until it is stymied or the strengths of the team we are playing against calls for a more pass heavy attack. At which point I'd like Elijah Moore on this football team because I believe he's what the kids call... good at football.

Dynamic athlete with route skills and hands. I would like to have him even if our QB does not pan out. You want to fix what isn't broken before it breaks, I want to play within our strengths and be adaptable when the time comes for it. Having quality recievers like Moore lends us to being adaptable.

You want to be obtuse and act like its a run team or pass team or rather paint your verbal opponents into adopting one of those stances, when it obviously needs to be both and be adaptable to opponent and situation.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Lurker89 said:

Thats not what I said Thomas.

wizard of oz scarecrow GIF

I said the gameplan should not change until it is stymied or the strengths of the team we are playing against calls for a more pass heavy attack. At which point I'd like Elijah Moore on this football team because I believe he's what the kids call... good at football.

Dynamic athlete with route skills and hands. I would like to have him even if our QB does not pan out. You want to fix what isn't broken before it breaks, I want to play within our strengths and be adaptable when the time comes for it. Having quality recievers like Moore lends us to being adaptable.

You want to be obtuse and act like it a run team or pass team or rather paint your verbal oppents into adopting one of those stances, when it obviously needs to be both and be adaptable to opponent and situation.

Fair. I would just disagree that it will ever be a pass-first team, or even a competent passing team, for a long time, and even when that time comes, Moore probably isn’t going to be much of a factor in that scenario regardless. Garrett Wilson is better than him, Zach feels considerably more comfortable throwing it to Davis and Berrios, and Breece Hall is chewing up more and more target share. Moore is a hood ornament at this point, but one that could fetch a good return on the open market. If he’s miserable, deal him. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Shane is counting on the fact that Denver has probably the best pass defense in the league. He can crow about being right when the Jets are run first against the Broncos.

I never crow about being right. I am a humble servant of the Jets fan community.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Fair. I would just disagree that it will ever be a pass-first team, or even a competent passing team, for a long time, and even when that time comes, Moore probably isn’t going to be much of a factor in that scenario regardless. Garrett Wilson is better than him, Zach feels considerably more comfortable throwing it to Davis and Berrios, and Breece Hall is chewing up more and more target share. Moore is a hood ornament at this point, but one that could fetch a good return on the open market. If he’s miserable, deal him. 

I agree and don’t forget they have 3 TEs who are going to only get more targets.  That was always the plan.

• Upvote 1

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- New York Jets wide receiver Elijah Moore, who has expressed frustration over his lack of involvement in the offense, was excused from practice Thursday amid growing speculation about his relationship with the team.

Coach Robert Saleh, in brief comments to reporters on the field, said Moore took "a personal day" because of a family issue. A source said Moore's absence was more football-related, with another source saying Moore has expressed unhappiness to members of the organization.

Minutes before the Jets took the practice field, Moore sent two cryptic tweets. The first tweet said, "Love my teammates!" The second tweet, since deleted, said, "God I need direction."

1 minute ago, LockeJET said:

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- New York Jets wide receiver Elijah Moore, who has expressed frustration over his lack of involvement in the offense, was excused from practice Thursday amid growing speculation about his relationship with the team.

Coach Robert Saleh, in brief comments to reporters on the field, said Moore took "a personal day" because of a family issue. A source said Moore's absence was more football-related, with another source saying Moore has expressed unhappiness to members of the organization.

Minutes before the Jets took the practice field, Moore sent two cryptic tweets. The first tweet said, "Love my teammates!" The second tweet, since deleted, said, "God I need direction."

Great he’s now a headcase after 6 games.  Will mims play this week?

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Damn it now neither of us stuck to our schtick... and are talking like rational human beings.... disgusting.

Side note we're really talking about having so much talent in the recieving room that Moore is redundant... sounds like a good problem. It's is silly because he is one of top 3 really top 2 (Wilson/Moore).

I'm of the opinion the base 3 WR set should be Wilson, Moore, Davis. Moore in the slot Berrios can go catch some punts.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I just hope JetBlue hasn't silenced E Moore for good!

@bitonti

I've given my position some thought in the last couple days

you guys are right

Zach totally got everything in his life through merit - its just a big old coincidence that the team's sponsor is related to the QB by blood  

What's next Bitonti? did you see Sasquatch? Crazy bastard. 

that 99 yard passing effort wasn't disgusting at all. It was inspiring the way the offense didn't get but 1 first down all half and 1 third down all game 

If elijah moore can't recognize the genius that is Zach Wilson, he doesn't deserve to be on the team 

let's trade him and draft another WR in the top 20 

it's totally cool that Zach is the worst starting Qb in football statistically and none of the Jets receivers or tight ends are worth owning in any fantasy league

that's a normal and totally sustainable model for winning in the 2022 NFL

i'm sure there will be punt blocks and double reverses to Berrios every week 

Bored The Office GIF

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Not with breece and carter running so well.

That was fact, not conjecture.  As of right now he is on pace for 45 for 575.  Going into last week his pace was 54 for 690.  The issue is more likely that when Wilson took over for Flacco Moore was on a pace for 68 for 787.  He had a nice first week with Zach and has seen 4 targets and 1 catch since.  

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

That was fact, not conjecture.  As of right now he is on pace for 45 for 575.  Going into last week his pace was 54 for 690.  The issue is more likely that when Wilson took over for Flacco Moore was on a pace for 68 for 787.  He had a nice first week with Zach and has seen 4 targets and 1 catch since.  

Jets were losing in the flacco games so they were passing way more.  It’s not comparable.

I just don't want The Jets to force the ball to him because of the complaining. 

Toss him if he complains again. They are winning and if you don't want to shipped off to a current losing team, then shut up and do your job.

No targets, so be it. You may have drew coverage that opened up someone else for a positive play. It will eventually work itself out, the kid is just tiny. He might be quick, but he is not Tyreek Hill quick.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I've given my position some thought in the last couple days

you guys are right

Zach totally got everything in his life through merit - its just a big old coincidence that the team's sponsor is related to the QB by blood  

that 99 yard passing effort wasn't disgusting at all 

If elijah moore can't recognise the genius that is Zach Wilson, he doesn't deserve to be on the team 

let's trade him and draft another WR in the top 20 

it's totally cool that Zach is the worst starting Qb in football statistically and none of the Jets receivers or tight ends are worth owning in any fantasy league

that's a normal and totally sustainable model for winning in the 2022 NFL

i'm sure there will be punt blocks and double reverses to Berrios every week 

Now this is the kind of irrational psycho babble I like to play with.

Hi Bit missed you haven't seen you around campus much, I too think we drafted Zach soley because his Uncle JetBlue touchy hands and Woody like to do butt stuff together.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Zach’s over 6’ 2”.  Has nothing to do with seeing the field or whatever nonsense we’re now arguing.  Moore was pissed that he wasn’t targeted.  That’s on LaFleur, not on Sachs imaginary height issues. 

What does LeFleur have to do with Moore being emotionally immature?