Elijah is back

Rhg1084

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

as someone who took a lot of crap defending Moore in the last week, trust me, he demanded the trade after they sent him home 

And then they deactivated him for the game, which is a time out.  Get it right.

He is a me first, nobody second a$$hole.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, GandWFan said:

And then they deactivated him for the game, which is a time out.  Get it right.

He is a me first, nobody second a$$hole.

It's not like he was targeted 2 or 3 times, he got ZERO looks.  He was upset and his emotions got the best of him, he simply made a comment he shouldn't have.  I can see being pissed, but the hatred towards him makes absolutely no sense at all.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1

15 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Who said the Jets need him back? Not me. He forced the Jets hand with his conduct in the building and let's be honest, he got suspended for the game bc of it. When 3 team leaders have to go to you and tell you to stfu then you know you're doing too much. You're right, he didn't voluntarily not play on Sunday but his actions created that situation. He's a man child.

It's like a kid saying,  " I walked into school, told the principal to go **** himself so he sent me home and it's bc of him I missed the test"

We don't know what Moore and LaFleur said to each other 

but your analogy is valuable 

Moore is not a kid. Or a child. or even a man child 

He's a grown ass man trying to make as much money for himself and his family before he retires, likely in his early 30's.

I really wonder what those two guys said to each other to get Moore sent home. It's entirely possible Moore was disrespectful, or the other way around. His "conduct in the building' we don't know exactly what that was that is true 

But if it was up to Moore he wants the ball - not be benched and sent away from the team 

• Upvote 1

It sounded at the time that he was quite heated and that is why he was sent home to get his head together. If it had been a calm conversation they wouldn’t have sent him home. He didn’t calm down, he escalated things by demanding a trade.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

He's a grown ass man trying to make as much money for himself and his family before he retires, likely in his early 30's.

I really wonder what those two guys said to each other to get Moore sent home. It's entirely possible Moore was disrespectful, or the other way around. His "conduct in the building' we don't know exactly what that was that is true 

But if it was up to Moore he wants the ball - not be benched and sent away from the team 

Hopefully he told lafluer he sucks. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

honestly watching Mike White throw for 400 yards and get his gear in Canton tells me it's not the OC that sucks or the system 

like everything else in the league, You're only as good as your QB 

put it another way you know how Sauce is killing it as a 4 overall pick? Zach should be killing it as a 2 overall pick 

no one says hey give Sauce until year 4 until he can play man to man 

I know it's hard and that's alot to ask of a young man but that's why they give these guys the big bucks 

they don't draft Sauce and hide him at nickel or whatever 

Im not a fan of wilson or the OC. I think he is very good at creating a running game but has issues with the passing game 

9 minutes ago, Joejet said:

It sounded at the time that he was quite heated and that is why he was sent home to get his head together. If it had been a calm conversation they wouldn’t have sent him home. He didn’t calm down, he escalated things by demanding a trade.

We don't know what was said in that conversation and we probably will never know one way or the other 

you're right if it was calm they probably don't send him home 

but it's also possible that the coaches overplayed their hand

1 hour ago, slats said:

Moore picked a bad week to throw his temper tantrum. He would’ve been heavily involved yesterday after Breece and Davis went down. 

If he had played the entire game would have played out differently and we likely don't lose avt and hall..... it is what it is. 

We need him now.  So all is forgotten assuming he just plays and shuts up. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

It's not like he was targeted 2 or 3 times, he got ZERO looks.  He was upset and his emotions got the best of him, he simply made a comment he shouldn't have.  I can see being pissed, but the hatred towards him makes absolutely no sense at all.

Wrong.  He was targeted once.  A go route he gave up on.  There was a penalty, so it didn't make the stat sheet.

Elijah More got picked by the Jets.  He has 2 more years left on his contract.   Zach Wilson will either get better, throwing him more balls, or there will be another QB here next year.  Elijah Moore already knows how much money he is making over the next 2 years. 

I think its decently likely that he will be able to show the NFL what he is made of, or get the Jets to franchise him.  In the World of the Johnsons, he has already taken himself out of the running for a second contract.  

So the only thing that Elijah gets by complaining is the opportunity to make less money.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

Are they changing QB's? Otherwise that isn't happening

Two players who played on Sunday have each thrown for one TD this year. ;-) 

And don't count out Braden Mann either, that guy is money. :D  

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

Or maybe he picked the perfect week to let the team know his labor has value 

they brought him right back, after all 

if Mims catches 10 balls they probably let him rot 

I'm sorry, but that's delusional. If Mims catches 10 balls, they say "sure, let's let this 2nd rd pick we saw as a key part of our offense moving forward rot"? 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

We don't know what was said in that conversation and we probably will never know one way or the other 

you're right if it was calm they probably don't send him home 

but it's also possible that the coaches overplayed their hand

You are right that we will never know what the conversation was. It seems out of character for Saleh to overplay his hand but in the heat of the moment it could happen. The correct thing is to accept him back and move forward.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

put it another way you know how Sauce is killing it as a 4 overall pick? Zach should be killing it as a 2 overall pick 

no one says hey give Sauce until year 4 until he can play man to man 

I know it's hard and that's alot to ask of a young man but that's why they give these guys the big bucks 

they don't draft Sauce and hide him at nickel or whatever 

I think comparing the intricacies of playing QB and playing the cornerback position is a giant leap. That being said, I think the Jets have done both Wilson and the team a disservice by playing him year one when it was obvious that the jump from the competition he played against in college to the NFL was too big. He needs to start showing some big jumps in his level of play by the end of this year or they need to bring in some serious competition during the off season.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

Ok so now you agree there was a fight?

If you have a problem at work you can talk it out and return.

if you start screaming and melting down, yea, your boss could ask you to leave. That normal.

so moore is upset? How many throws is zach making? 38? No far less

tell me why isnt gw complaining?

corey davis?

berrios?

smith?

cmon yours is a really bad take just stop it pappi chulo

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, slats said:

This is bull****. He asked for the trade, then Saleh decided it “wasn’t fair” to make him play while that was where his head was at. 

He made a feel-good team win into a feel-bad focus on one player’s stats. Never mind the calm/stoic way the story is told as Moore calmly requested for the ball more and then LaFleur irrationally bit his head off. He was apparently going off on the team’s OC - again, after that huge team win, no less - and it became heated on both sides. Then he was sent home.

Also missing from the story is the potential for anything prior adding to it, as in maybe this happens after every game he’s not getting the ball on half the snaps. Maybe not, but I think it’s as likely as not he didn’t just go from saying nothing into throwing a temper tantrum after a win.

6 hours ago, derp said:

Well they'll need to throw the ball more now.

and they'll need a qb to do that.  where is that gonna come from ?  bb feasts on shaky qbs.  as bad as wilson has been, it is about to get even worse this sunday