The protection was awful

1 minute ago, Barton said:

No, it wasnt. As soon as there is the slightest of pressures, he's pusses out and runs backwards instead of sliding around within the pocket or moving up in the pocket.

Ever seen him avoid the rush from the edge by moving UP in the pocket and delivering a good pass?

Me neither. 

That’s where the bad men are that can give you boo boo’s lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AlexVanDyke said:

Zach made mistakes bit how are so many of you ignoring this.  The kid was running for his life literally the entire gane. With that protection will come a couple of mistakes especially for a young qb 

It’s true the protection needed to be a lot better. The 1st interception was a poorly thrown ball which happens to all quarterbacks. However, Interceptions 2 and 3 were stupid decisions which should never be made by a 2nd year NFL quarterback. 

• Upvote 3

Zach seemed to struggle with his reads and tried to often buy time by scrambling -- usually looping backwards toward the sideline where his throws became awkward and off balance. He needed to be decisive and quick as the pocket collapsed. He regressed to running around like a high schooler trying to make a play in the weekend league. It was a total breakdown of discipline, truthfully, not the offensive line.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Barton said:

No, it wasnt. As soon as there is the slightest of pressures, he's pusses out and runs backwards instead of sliding around within the pocket or moving up in the pocket.

Ever seen him avoid the rush from the edge by moving UP in the pocket and delivering a good pass?

Me neither. 

This

13 minutes ago, AlexVanDyke said:

Zach made mistakes bit how are so many of you ignoring this.  The kid was running for his life literally the entire gane. With that protection will come a couple of mistakes especially for a young qb 

He runs for his life when he doesn't even have to. Drops back 20 yards for no reason the throws it the the wrong team. But everyone else is the issue. 

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It wasn't all-world, no.

But Zach had time.  He just doesn't see the field well, doesn't make his reads fast enough, and doesn't make decisions at NFL speed.

So he holds it too long, then bails at the hint of pressure, to do his Zach Pirouette Dance.  And once the Dance starts, rarely will any positive play come out of it, he's is (if I recall) the worst in the NFL at making positive plays once he's under pressure.

But his "escapability" though

16 minutes ago, AlexVanDyke said:

Who cares. Welcome to every team. 

this “kid” can kiss my ass

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Coquito said:

But his "escapability" though

Zach's agility to escape is quite spectacular.  

The problem is he doesn't DO anything with that agility.

Those flashy plays where he spins and avoids, and jukes, and avoids....usually end in nothing.  Or worse.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, AlexVanDyke said:

Sorry, but just not true.  As others stated, he doesn't process fast enough to make the correct reads so he holds the ball and bails.... Right now, he is the problem and IMHO not the solution. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, AlexVanDyke said:

You are spot on right but that still doesn’t excuse Zac no matter what. We drafted this kid hoping that despite crappy all line play he was going to be able to create some thing that’s what a great quarterback to do and he’s probably not great

15 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Zach's agility to escape is quite spectacular.  

The problem is he doesn't DO anything with that agility.

Those flashy plays where he spins and avoids, and jukes, and avoids....usually end in nothing.  Or worse.

Yeah, it's a skill when you can avoid a sack, not toss an INT. I'm just sick of hearing the play by play fellas talk about it like it's something we can all be so proud of. Once a game, twice a game, fine. But almost every passing play? Really? I know the O-line is banged up, but at this point I'm beginning to think Zach is trying to embarrass them, like it's their fault he sucks.

1 minute ago, Coquito said:

Yeah, it's a skill when you can avoid a sack, not toss an INT. I'm just sick of hearing the play by play fellas talk about it like it's something we can all be so proud of. Once a game, twice a game, fine. But almost every passing play? Really? I know the O-line is banged up, but at this point I'm beginning to think Zach is trying to embarrass them, like it's their fault he sucks.

100%.

Zach should be on a "three second and throw" clock by coaches.  1-2-3-THROW.

If he can't do that, he doesn't belong out there.  And I don't think he can do it.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

An insane amount of resources have been devoted to the OL over the last 3 years.  It's isn't a great unit but it isn't a poor one either.  

Stop blaming the OC, the OL, the wind, Elijah Moore, the defense or the special teams.  Today fell on one guy.  

I’d argue two guys. JFM and ZW. 

The protection was fine. What are some of you even watching?

This is the NFL. There is going to be some pressure at times within a game.

The quarterback refuses to step up in the pocket and bails to the outside every time someone is within 2 yards of him. I've never seen anything like it, and yes, it's 100% on the QB.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

An insane amount of resources have been devoted to the OL over the last 3 years.  It's isn't a great unit but it isn't a poor one either.  

Stop blaming the OC, the OL, the wind, Elijah Moore, the defense or the special teams.  Today fell on one guy.  

The majority of the resources aren’t playing.  Every single Douglas ol draft pick was out