The defense contributed to this loss

They are the ones that lost the momentum for us and all game they couldn’t get us any field position at all.  Did you notice Zach was starting way back almost every time?  Time of possession was very unbalanced most of the game.  Again, Zach made some bad decisions but he wasn’t awful …he thre for 340 yards.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 5
  • Ugh 10
  • Haha 4

Disagree.  They held their own against a pretty strong Oline and running game and had Mac under pressure most of the game.   The coverage was super tight for the entire game, and nothing was easy for the Pats.

We lost b/c of special teams and our young qb.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Defense dragged Zach to 4 wins and played well today overall.  It’s the NFL.  Teams score points.  

Field Goals.  We lost to field goals.  
ZW INt.  JFM. Another ZW INT. Oh and what. Another ZW int. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, AlexVanDyke said:

They are the ones that lost the momentum for us and all game they couldn’t get us any field position at all.  Did you notice Zach was starting way back almost every time?  Time of possession was very unbalanced most of the game.  Again, Zach made some bad decisions but he wasn’t awful …he thre for 340 yards.  

5 fields goals allowed.  Most from short field position.  Yeah, ok.

acid trip cat GIF

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

An old 

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Defense dragged Zach to 4 wins and played well today overall.  It’s the NFL.  Teams score points.  

An old Aaron Rogers has this team with the injuries putting up 40 a game.  

not calling for that trade. But as rough as he looks the talent on our team is much greater 

• Upvote 2

Most would agree I’m higher on Zach than the average JN poster, but this thread is silly.

The Defense played great and kept the team in the game.  

Zach made too many mistakes today.  I think the 2nd pick should be a “don’t make that mistake again” moment.  He’s been cute with the throw aways a couple other times lately.

I was expecting ups and downs this season so I’m also not freaking out.  I think he’s getting better but had some weaknesses exposed.  He needs to keep growing.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, AlexVanDyke said:

James Earl Jones Reaction GIF

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, AlexVanDyke said:

Are you just trying to start a thread to trigger people or are you actually the lowest football IQ person on this forum? 

• Upvote 1

I wanted Zach to work 

He didn’t 

Let’s be honest with ourselves.

This team has a good chance to be a consistent playoff contender for the next 5+ years as things are presently headed.

Just a merely good Kirk Cousins/Derek Carr type under center can get us there.

F*ck going the draft route

It just doesn’t work for us. We can’t even recapture pre-surgery Chad Pennington, much less Patrick Mahomes.

Go get someone who doesn’t constantly forget something as simple as their ABC’s under the slightest bit of pressure and doesn’t treat football as if it’s handball.

Take your hopes of the next Montana, Brady or Elway and stuff them up your assh0le.

It’s just not in the cards for us.

If we’re ever going to win another Super Bowl in the next 30 years, it’s going to stem from a combination of a great running game and a truly upper echelon defense.

It is what it is

• Upvote 4

36 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Most would agree I’m higher on Zach than the average JN poster, but this thread is silly.

The Defense played great and kept the team in the game.  

Zach made too many mistakes today.  I think the 2nd pick should be a “don’t make that mistake again” moment.  He’s been cute with the throw aways a couple other times lately.

I was expecting ups and downs this season so I’m also not freaking out.  I think he’s getting better but had some weaknesses exposed.  He needs to keep growing.  

Right now I'm not sure Zach could grow a beard

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This could battle the "One day guys like berrios wont be on this team" as an all time awful thread.

I'm not knocking Berrios but, from the Cleveland game to the GB game (5 games) he had a total of 3 catches for 11 yards.  For the season so far (7 games), he's had 11 catches for 63 yards.  I know he's had some good runs and he had the one TD pass but he's not exactly tearing it up.  I know he's not supposed to be at that salary and he's not "the guy" here but still those are uninspiring numbers so far.

image.png.8a520f6761289599f3713137c3138d79.png

1 hour ago, AlexVanDyke said:

If Zach could have gotten a few first downs, then they start pushing field position forward and don't always end up within their 10 after a punt.

Add to that some poor returns from Berrios (he can have a bad return now and then), and it gets tough.

The D gave up 1 TD, sacked the QB 5 times, and had 2 INTs. Can't ask much from from your D.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I have two critiques of the defense today:

• Appeared to be a lot of 3rd and long conversions, specifically on crossing routes
  • Too many missed tackles on the Pats RB; he was caught behind the line once or twice and broke out for big runs.

Other than that, they were great.

The RTP penalty on Mosley was garbage. The one on JFM was questionable, but again, if you've been hit all year with RTP and you know the Ref's are looking for an excuse to throw one, DO NOT EVEN TOUCH THE QB after the ball is thrown.

16 minutes ago, xJayce said:

I have two critiques of the defense today:

• Appeared to be a lot of 3rd and long conversions, specifically on crossing routes
  • Too many missed tackles on the Pats RB; he was caught behind the line once or twice and broke out for big runs.

Other than that, they were great.

The RTP penalty on Mosley was garbage. The one on JFM was questionable, but again, if you've been hit all year with RTP and you know the Ref's are looking for an excuse to throw one, DO NOT EVEN TOUCH THE QB after the ball is thrown.

I remember counting at least 4 plays where the Pats threw to 1 WR with another WR in front of him blocking.  The guy who caught the ball then had a perfect path to run around and get the needed yardage.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I remember counting at least 4 plays where the Pats threw to 1 WR with another WR in front of him blocking.  The guy who caught the ball then had a perfect path to run around and get the needed yardage.

I noticed that a couple of times as well. Looked like some kind of downfield screen. 

I wasn't sure if it was drawn up that way or just coincidental.

9 hours ago, AlexVanDyke said:

while yeah the defense made a few mistakes.....you have to work pretty hard to have a take on the game this bad. zach was 100% AWFUL.  matter of fact i'm not sure awful is a strong enough word to describe it. maybe abhorrent or horrific.....not sure they are strong enough either. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, bitonti said:

This thread is an example of the lengths that Zach jersey buyers will go to defend their purchase 

As I was walking out of the stadium yesterday seeing a lot of Wilson jersey!s I was actually thinking something similiar.

how pissed are these guys that another 150 or so is blown on a player not likely to be here

• Haha 2

Zach turned the ball over and put the defense on a short field all game, they held up for the most part. The JFM penalty was boneheaded but there was more than enough time to make up for it. 

As bad as the 3rd down defense was in the first half, the Pats ended the game 6-19 including 0-7 in the second half. They fixed the issue. Pats scored a 4th & 1 TD on a blatant OPI that should have been called back.

The defense wasn’t perfect but on the whole they held their own. Special teams were a bigger culprit yesterday, if anything. That squib kick to open the second half made no sense at all.

It’s hard to ever blame any loss on one person but this is about as close as it gets. We don’t have a QB.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1