Josh Allen gives his opinion on Zach

fullblast

He’s not wrong. Zach tries to do too much and needs to learn to take what the defense gives him. Even with all the bad, you can see the type of QB he can become if things click. Who knows if it will click. But he’s a guy who can beat you from the pocket with a strong arm and quick release. If things collapse, he can scramble and gain some yards with his legs.

He’s a different type of QB than Allen, but his point is that he needs to learn to take what the defense gives him. Time will tell if he will learn. Right now, things do not look promising on that front.

55 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Oh you threw three picks against the patriots and now you’re garbage? It doesn’t work like that either 

He's not garbage, he's a person, a kid.  

He's just a very, very poor producing QB.  Amongst the worst in the NFL.  And as such, in the merit-based system that is sports, he probably shouldn't be starting till he's more able to do it competently.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

He’s not wrong. Zach tries to do too much and needs to learn to take what the defense gives him. Even with all the bad, you can see the type of QB he can become if things click. Who knows if it will click. But he’s a guy who can beat you from the pocket with a strong arm and quick release. If things collapse, he can scramble and gain some yards with his legs.

He’s a different type of QB than Allen, but his point is that he needs to learn to take what the defense gives him. Time will tell if he will learn.

Best thing about Wilson is he has a quick release, above average arm strength and isn’t afraid to “cut it loose” on downfield throws 

For some reason though, it looks like he still has the yips on some of the short throws 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Wilson trying to make acrobatic plays would be more acceptable if he actually ran with the ball like Allen did to compensate for his mistakes. 

Can't run the ball for positive yards when your first move is a spin-o-rama followed by running 15 yards further behind the line of scrimmage. 

A lot of Wilson's ills will disappear if his first move is forward in the pocket.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

I am a Jets fan. I see rare raw talent with Wilson. I see him succeeding as the best chance we have to find a FQB. I want to give him every opportunity to develop until a clear opportunity to upgrade appears. If we go 7-10 and Wilson sucks, and a QB we love is on the board in round 1 I would take him. 

I don’t see Flacco or white as rational options. We won’t win more games and the future is dead with them. Wilson is talented enough to be worth investing time to develop him. 

Good post.  I don't think any of us want Zach to fail.  We would all kill to finally have a franchise QB to lead the team the next 10 years.  All the criticism comes from years (decades for me) of frustration we have witnessed at the QB position.   Also, that we see Zach exhibiting the same problems other QB busts we have drafted.  After a year and a half, he doesn't look right.  Or worthy of a starting job in the NFL.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

Some people want Wilson on the field more than they want the Jets to win. They're more interested in being right than the Jets winning. 

Maybe. But I think this is a very small minority. Probably the same size as the Zach should be benched immediately for White or Flacco or Streveler group. 

But I think most Jet fans understand that Zach is still young, he is clearly the most talented QB on the roster, despite some moments where he played poorly he has had moments where he played well (even in the NE game where he threw 3 INTs), and we don't really have a great option behind him (blame JD?).

I think most fans are also rooting for Zach- because, you now, they're fans. Some of it is because up until the NE game he was 4-0 (no matter how he played).  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

The only desperate ones are those trying to make a call on a QB after 18 games 

These same "Jet fans" would have been running Josh Allen out of town after 18 games . They'd be saying so what he has an arm and is big, he can't hit the broad side of a barn, he's never going to be a QB , can't fix inaccuracy , plus he played BS competition , 34 out of 32 blah blah blah .

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

Some people want Wilson on the field more than they want the Jets to win. They're more interested in being right than the Jets winning. 

Yeah for what 10% flip that narrative for the 90% here. They're more interested in being right than seeing the Jets win -see they're winning despite Zach comments littered all over these forums.  

10 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

These same "Jet fans" would have been running Josh Allen out of town after 18 games . They'd be saying so what he has an arm and is big, he can't hit the broad side of a barn, he's never going to be a QB , can't fix inaccuracy , plus he played BS competition , 34 out of 32 blah blah blah .

Josh Allen looked a lot better his 2nd season than Zach Wilson does as of now. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Josh Allen looked a lot better his 2nd season than Zach Wilson does as of now. 

Josh Allen said it in the video, things started clicking for him after a bad game in season 2.  There's still hope that things evolve here , but I know Jets fans have their minds made up. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

He’s a different type of QB than Allen, but his point is that he needs to learn to take what the defense gives him. Time will tell if he will learn. Right now, things do not look promising on that front.

He's always trying to make a mahomes like play. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Bill Walsh famously said we know what a QB has after 20 starts

Zach is at 18 starts 

the people defending him are treating him like this is game 2 or 3

he's had a whole season of football over 2 calendar years

he averages more than 1 turnover a game and less than 1 TD a game 

these are brutal brutal numbers that are hard to turn around. These are worse than Tim Tebow type numbers. 

the people who want MLF to call more run plays that's like saying only play Poker with A-A or K-K you can't wait around forever for premium hands, sometimes you just gotta push all in. Last week was the offense pushing all in on Zach and he choked 

i understand why the coaches and front office are going to let this play out but the fair thing for the team that's in playoff contention is to bench the kid and start someone else

they are going to really treat the next 10 games like extended preseason when they are 5-3? that's the frustrating part about this 

this could be a playoff team we are on the verge of watching a collapse

Steve Young after 20 starts 

52% 3100 yards 11 TDs 21 INTs

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Steve Young after 20 starts 

52% 3100 yards 11 TDs 21 INTs

let's walk this dog 

Zach is Steve Young part 2

Steve Young was a bust for Tampa. Let's start there. He had to go to a different team and sit forever before he got good.

If Zach is Steve Young that means Zach gets good in year 5 and when I mean good that's going 3-0 as Joe Montana's backup and completing closer to 70% instead of 50%. But still he's sitting most of the year. He basically starts 1 or 2 games a year for 4 years straight in that role. 

he doesn't make his first Pro Bowl until 1992 at the age of 31. He was drafted in 1985 at the age of 24

oh and he's working with Bill Walsh arguably the greatest offensive coach in the history of the league. 

honestly I can see that timeline - Zach in year 7 being a great player

we're just talking about a Rich Gannon/Geno Smith type of decade in purgatory, and Zach has to be benched, bust out and change teams for this to happen 

• Upvote 4