Jet Fans SNL skit last night

kevinc855

7 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I agree.  As a dinosaur who hates just about everything now, I still find incredibly creative comedy moments in film and TV.   One of the best I've seen recently is from SNL alum Bill Hader's series Barry.   It's a very dark comedy which has me laughing out loud at some of the most disturbing material.  NoHo Hank's character is a scream.

Still watch SNL but just like throughout its history there are skits that hit and some that miss. This one missed and missed badly. 
There was quite a bit of upheaval on SNL this past year so I will just give them time to see if they start to hit a groove 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I agree.  As a dinosaur who hates just about everything now, I still find incredibly creative comedy moments in film and TV.   One of the best I've seen recently is from SNL alum Bill Hader's series Barry.   It's a very dark comedy which has me laughing out loud at some of the most disturbing material.  NoHo Hank's character is a scream.

Seriously. I’m in my mid 40s so I have plenty of eye rolls saved up for modern comedy, but there is some seriously funny stuff out there right now between shows (Barry is a perfect example) and standup. I feel like comedy on the screen has (mostly) gotten better and more mature. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Still watch SNL but just like throughout its history there are skits that hit and some that miss. This one missed and missed badly. 
There was quite a bit of upheaval on SNL this past year so I will just give them time to see if they start to hit a groove 

As a Jets fan, while I have a good sense of humor, it found this skit somewhat insulting.  Most Jets fans are not jerks like is portrayed in this skit. The only negative I remember is back when the Jets played the Buccaneers back in Shea Stadium late in December, when many fans were throwing snow balls at the Bucaneer players on the sideline.  Jets fans are welcoming to opposing teams fans, but this makes it look like we are just imbeciles.

• Upvote 1

they dont know how to be funny anymore. cause if they did they would have added a twist at the end instead of overdoing it with every Bills fan that passed.

like if every Bills fan came out and said... hey jet fans we beat you 40-10. and then the Jet fans kicked there ass. or they said, hey you with the #2 jersey your QB threw more passes to me than his own guys. then she beats that guy with a spatula. 

morale of the skit. we can make fun of you but if you do it to us we will kick your ass. thats the NY way.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

So do the Knicks and Mets

your not seriously putting the Mets with the Knicks and Jets. Mets make the playoffs every few years and went to a WS in 2015. nobody is as bad as the Jets. even the Knicks had 2 Finals in the 90s

4 minutes ago, doitny said:

your not seriously putting the Mets with the Knicks and Jets. Mets make the playoffs every few years and went to a WS in 2015. nobody is as bad as the Jets. even the Knicks had 2 Finals in the 90s

The Mets and Knicks are absolutely in the discussion for disappointing teams in the NY area with loud fans. Jets are the worst of the bunch no doubt, only 3 championship games since the 90s

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

20?   How about in 1979?  Never was the same after Dan Aykroyd and John Belushi split.  

Disagree. Will Ferrell , Tina Fey , Maya Rudolph, Amy Pohlere era was very good. The skit with Tom Hanks on “ Black Jeopardy “ was hysterical as was her portrayal of Sarah Palin. Maya and Amy’s recurring characters as two Bronx housewives on their show “ Bronx Beat” was funny as hell especially the one with big tits GIFwhat’s her name?  There are more but those two stand out 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Both have been to championship games while a majority of their current fanbase has been alive 

Ehhh yes but IMO slightly different. Majority of teams make the playoffs in NBA and Baseball has no salary cap. Jets have made 3 championship games and multiple playoff runs since 98. Last 10 years has been brutal though

1 hour ago, the Claw said:

Lol, c’mon UT, no it’s not. You can say that SNL is defunct and you’d be way more right than wrong, but comedy is faaaaaar from dead. 

Name the last good comedy movie to come out. I can’t think of any past like step brothers which was 14 years ago.  

2 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Ehhh yes but IMO slightly different. Majority of teams make the playoffs in NBA and Baseball has no salary cap. Jets have made 3 championship games and multiple playoff runs since 98. Last 10 years has been brutal though

But that’s the reason why the jets are a natural target.

15 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

The Mets and Knicks are absolutely in the discussion for disappointing teams in the NY area with loud fans. Jets are the worst of the bunch no doubt, only 3 championship games since the 90s

The knicks make the jets look like the Yankees of the late 90s. 

up until about 2 years ago the knicks were a sideshow and the laughingstock of the league for about 20 years 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Disagree. Will Ferrell , Tina Fey , Maya Rudolph, Amy Pohlere era was very good. The skit with Tom Hanks on “ Black Jeopardy “ was hysterical as was her portrayal of Sarah Palin. Maya and Amy’s recurring characters as two Bronx housewives on their show “ Bronx Beat” was funny as hell especially the one with big tits GIFwhat’s her name?  There are more but those two stand out 

No question SNL has had incredibly talented cast members throughout its history.   I think Kristen Wiig and Kate McKinnon were hysterical and must be included as the top tier of gifted comedians the show has ever had.  Also that great sketches have emerged throughout the years.

My problem is with Lorne Michael's formulaic approach.   Mostly gone are the edgier bits in favor of a boring political opening, then a game show, the.....The show loses me after about five minutes.   And if anything controversial or odd shows up, it's at the end of the show.

16 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

No question SNL has had incredibly talented cast members throughout its history.   I think Kristen Wiig and Kate McKinnon were hysterical and must be included as the top tier of gifted comedians the show has ever had.  Also that great sketches have emerged throughout the years.

My problem is with Lorne Michael's formulaic approach.   Mostly gone are the edgier bits in favor of a boring political opening, then a game show, the.....The show loses me after about five minutes.   And if anything controversial or odd shows up, it's at the end of the show.

Fair point?  But I will always have a soft spot for SNL as I was once invited backstage by Akroyd & Belushi for one of the SNL shows but alas wasn’t meant to be A story for a different thread 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, the Claw said:

Lol, c’mon UT, no it’s not. You can say that SNL is defunct and you’d be way more right than wrong, but comedy is faaaaaar from dead. 

Are there any good comedy sitcoms or movies that have come out recently?  I'm seriously asking I'd like to watch some.  If I wanna la Iaugh I usually turn on That 70's show or the Office. Maybe some Sanford and Son. lol

Just now, CSNY said:

Fair point?  But I will always have a soft spot for SNL as I was once invited backstage by Akroyd & Belushi for one of the SNL shows but alas wasn’t meant to be 

Yeah, CSNY, I recall watching the first show in my college's TV lounge.   As a fan of National Lampoon Magazine, I was happy to see that the insane Michael O'Donoghue was the show's head writer.   Back then, the more risky and dark the comedy, the better for me.   WTF were average viewers thinking as this sketch opened the show, especially with Mr. Mike's appearance?   My friends and I were falling over.  Different era.

Damn, I would have killed to be backstage with those two.  Just for the opportunity to say hello and thanks for all the laughs.  I remember Belushi from the National Lampoon Radio Hour.   I wound up backstage in the mid-80s when the show sucked.  Also went to the cast party where I met Larry Bud Mellman.

• Upvote 2