Zach - A Positive Thread

clayton163v

At times like this I try to place myself into the shoes of the other guy.  In this case, I am talking about the other players on the Jets.  The youngest team in the league, they are having a tough time at the moment.  Press reports described the locker room as quiet as a church.  So lets give the rest of the team a thread they can enjoy.  I will start:

image.png.3d25193047b469fc6f0c8318dc7fa8f9.pngimage.png.030c74b5db687530c91ee814399d1c61.png

image.png.2f8dda05fe4d59aa27763de83ebe37b7.png

This is Italian knit!

not knowing everything about the plays or whatever else is going on in floram i prefer to still give wilson some slack.  he's shown some incredible throwing ability that includes pin point accuracy.  and it's not like he's been an interception machine like geno or even sanchez.  on the other hand wilson really needs to get it figured out and soon.  as others have said they're wasting their season with the way wilson plays.  there's absolutely no reason why jones can put up the numbers in the same weather that wilson was flailing in.  and garrett wilson said that lafleur was holding the receivers back.  what does that mean?  g wilson makes plays.  he needs to be getting the ball.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, rangerous said:

not knowing everything about the plays or whatever else is going on in floram i prefer to still give wilson some slack.  he's shown some incredible throwing ability that includes pin point accuracy.  and it's not like he's been an interception machine like geno or even sanchez.  on the other hand wilson really needs to get it figured out and soon.  as others have said they're wasting their season with the way wilson plays.  there's absolutely no reason why jones can put up the numbers in the same weather that wilson was flailing in.  and garrett wilson said that lafleur was holding the receivers back.  what does that mean?  g wilson makes plays.  he needs to be getting the ball.

Pin point accuracy? ?

• Haha 4

pin point accuracy?

chris tucker GIF

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, rangerous said:

it's not like he's been an interception machine like geno or even sanchez. 

This year (and the end of last season when he went on that 'streak') he was throwing 2 or 3 interception worthy plays almost every game.  We've actually been a bit lucky (and were lucky yesterday as well) on that front.  I never bought the narrative that all was solved for him.

Having said that, I continue to think that his accuracy problems can be fixed, b/c hes definitely displayed the ability to be accurate at various times in the past.  However the decision making ints are the real problem, and he still makes too many of those, despite LaFleur dumbing things down to keep things safer. 

End of the day, teams are beginning to adapt to the simplicity of our offense, and the 1 read abilities of the qb. Things are going to get harder for him before they get better (if they do).

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

yes, pin point accuracy.  he's made some really nice throws that were right on the money.  go look at the steelers game and even parts of the buffalo and doltfins games.

Making a few throws a game doesn't make you a accurate or good QB....this is what has manipulated people cherry picking a few throws a game and replaying them like it's some great accomplishment. 

yes, pin point accuracy.  he's made some really nice throws that were right on the money.  go look at the steelers game and even parts of the buffalo and doltfins games.

right... 1 out of 20 throws are Wow. 8 out of 20 throws are catchable but a bit off target.... 5 of 20 are around the receiver and contested catchable, could and should be better and then 6 out of 20 are either in the dirt or way over the guys head or right to a defender.

not to count the wide open guys Zachenberg misses on the regular.

stop with the Steelers game. 1 good quarter of QB play is not the normal it is the exception.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, clayton163v said:

At times like this I try to place myself into the shoes of the other guy.  In this case, I am talking about the other players on the Jets.  The youngest team in the league, they are having a tough time at the moment.  Press reports described the locker room as quiet as a church.  So lets give the rest of the team a thread they can enjoy.  I will start:

image.png.3d25193047b469fc6f0c8318dc7fa8f9.pngimage.png.030c74b5db687530c91ee814399d1c61.png

image.png.2f8dda05fe4d59aa27763de83ebe37b7.png

This is Italian knit!

A9237FE7-68D1-4D70-A516-EE81F2835E49.jpeg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Beaver said:

I'm still at

danny-devito-fuck-you.gif

Ohhhhh FFS Jeremiah. Enough with the excuses. 

Mac Jones went 23-27 in the same conditions with a defensive line that was crushing him anytime he dropped back more than three steps.  And the game film is showing Zach actually played worse than what we saw on the tv broadcast.

Going to be a long week.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Stark said:

right... 1 out of 20 throws are Wow. 8 out of 20 throws are catchable but a bit off target.... 5 of 20 are around the receiver and contested catchable, could and should be better and then 6 out of 20 are either in the dirt or way over the guys head or right to a defender.

not to count the wide open guys Zachenberg misses on the regular.

stop with the Steelers game. 1 good quarter of QB play is not the normal it is the exception.

you're right that a few great throws doesn't mean a whole lot.  he needs to be consistent and make those quick slants and passes to the flat 100% of the time.  but he has also displayed pin point accuracy at times and that's where the frustration lies.

20 hours ago, rangerous said:

I agree. I’d like to add that Wilson may have had more difficulty with the wind than Jones because Jones yards per attempt was under 5 and Wilson’s was over 10.

lol @ pin point accuracy. how much crack are you smoking before you watch the games?? 

18 hours ago, shuler82 said:

Ohhhhh FFS Jeremiah. Enough with the excuses. 

Mac Jones went 23-27 in the same conditions with a defensive line that was crushing him anytime he dropped back more than three steps.  And the game film is showing Zach actually played worse than what we saw on the tv broadcast.

Going to be a long week.

Ok ... so what you are telling me is that the Jets OL was comparable to NE's ?

14 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I agree. I’d like to add that Wilson may have had more difficulty with the wind than Jones because Jones yards per attempt was under 5 and Wilson’s was over 10.

IMHO Zack has a cannon arm and can make all kinds of throws with his feet totally wrong IN GOOD WEATHER.  Gusting wind is the straw that breaks the camel's back.      

Ummm Sachise had 17 td to 13 ints in his second year.  But he also actually threw the ball .... around 3300 yards in his second year. 

ZW's performance is no where close to Sachises 2nd year. 

In addition,  Sanchise was real humble and well liked in the locker room. 

ZW could learn a lot from Mark. 

One positive is that Zack has been so bad he has basically forced the Jets hand to bench him (hopefully) and revoke his scholarship. He should be benched and work on his game. He should only get his job back by being nails in practice (ie: no balls hit the ground and get everything out on time) and practically forcing the jets to put him back in. 

If Sunday was an outlier, you chalk it up and move on.  It was the biggest disaster but by no means the only one.  Forget how many mistakes he makes, ask yourself, how many times, in 7 games, did he make a positive difference overall?  If I am generous, I give him the Bills game and maybe the end of the Steelers game.

On the flipside, LaFleur has not helped him with some of his ill conceived game-plans.  Look at how many plays were called, running into a stacked line or passed underneath.  The Patriots were never challenged to defend the field.  Except for one pass to Mims, not a single ball went beyond 10 yards from the line.  If you put 11 players within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage and every play is called in front of them, you get what we saw.  Every run had 3-4 guys waiting.  A spotter tracking any run opportunity for Zach.  Receivers shadowed by multiple defensive players and hit as soon as they touch the ball.

Zach is a problem,   The offensive line is banged up.  LaFleur called the plays.  Other than the one deep to Mims, I never got the impression the Patriot defense wasn't all over Zach.  There were hordes in every running hole.  The wideouts  were hamstrung on short passes underneath that made it incredibly easy on the Patriot secondary.  Bet the defense was laughing at the ridiculously stupid game-plan that let them tee off on the Jets.  Mac Jones found a way to complete 23 short passes in the same conditions against one of the 3 best secondaries in the league. Many with yards of separation. LaFleur didn't find a single open route.