MIKE WHITE

T0mShane

1 hour ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

This was completely a joke, it was completely clear. If you feel the need to ban me over it, have had it.

Fwiw, I peeked into this a long time ago, and he follows one political figure on social media: Kayleigh McEnany. So, you may be right. ?

• Haha 2

On 11/23/2022 at 9:18 PM, clayton163v said:

Rather than resurrect the thread, I will just post it here.  Hooray for Robert Saleh and the NY Jets.  This is the right move.  Mike White is a perfect system QB for the Shanahan offense.  It is why he is here.  Why were kept him last season and tendered him this year. 

From September 8 2022.

"Fellas, sooner or later you will get onboard the train.  All Aboard.

I just wanted to chime in my support for starting Mike White for the four game stretch.  This is not a dump Zach Wilson thread.  Zach was born with the thunderbolt and we have to try to make it work.   He is our #1.  Further, I realize the Jets are too chicken.  So I will not troll the board.  Nevertheless, I argue we should do this for four reasons plus Zach can learn a few things while he sits.   

First, I think Mike White gives us a better chance to win the majority of those games.  White adds a powerful screen and play action element to the Jets offense that Flacco does not.  Flacco must hit downfield passes early or we will get whupped.  He is a statute back there.  Mike White eats clock and moves the chains.  This is not cheerleading.  It is obvious that Mike is more elusive and adept at run substitutes like screens, draws and the play action fake than either Zach or Flacco.   

Second, it will allow us to find out whether or not White is a viable long term backup.  We do need to find this out.  It's both good management of our scarce resources (players) and good business (cap money).  If White comes off the bench later this year and does it again we will lose him.  And I WARN the board, White showed signs of that magic in the preseason.  I watched those games a second time.  It was not just the Strev (I loved it but the chaos play does not work in the NFL).   We need to find out if White is the guy and this is a perfect opportunity.   He has such a clean game.   

Third, it will permit our injured #1 - Zach is our #1 - to watch and learn:

A.   How to handle a football in the backfield - exactly the same every single time.  With Zach, every snap is different.  He has got to clean this up and not just when he throws.  Taking the ball under center is part of the game.  Being good at it, an advantage.  

B.   That the secret to White's screen game lies in his footwork.    Zach has the worst screen pass footwork I have ever seen.  Footwork can be coached. 

C.   The play action fake is not something that is called by the coaching staff.  It is the weapon that is available at all times to QBs who handle the ball properly and use proper footwork (see A & B above).  You cannot fool them any other way.  There is a how. 

D.   That you must set your feet in the pocket before you throw.  There is a reason the pitching rubber in baseball is sideways.  It is how you set your back foot.  In the pocket you must step forward into the direction you are throwing.  The flat foot stuff from the pocket must go.  He has got to clean up the footwork.  This does not mean we must tame him.  He throws great on the run.  But it is no excuse for bad form in the pocket.  White's form is virtually flawless.  He has had success with it too.  Zach can learn from him.

Fourth, IT WILL BE FUN.  A ROLLICKING RIDE WITH AN UNCERTAIN DESTINATION.  I feel like Flacco will lead us to a dignified 0-4 record.  White scares people.  White inspires people.  Instead of the Dropkick Murphys we play a dark march.   C'mon.  Let's make some noise. 

I am sour about it because this is just work and repetition.  Perspiration.  Effort.   Watching yourself on film while a coach works with you until you develop consistent technique.   Zack must master this sh*t and it is NOT TOO MUCH TO ASK.   Sam Darnold lived in the shotgun and we all saw it.  Why did he not progress?  Is it going to happen again?  Geno and Sanchez came into the league with better skills.  Chad and Klecko should be our QB coaches.  Chad can teach and Joe can administer discipline. 

Mike White brings the storm.  He has a disciplined screen game that complements our zone scheme.  He has the best ballhandling in the backfield since Chad.  He is a master of the play action fake (you know a guy is good when he fools you and the cameraman).  Best of all, he brings enough to the table that he adds to what the rest of the team offers.  As Bill Parcells used to put it, he drives the bus.  And he is fun.  Moreover, he has convinced me that he has worked his ass off.  I can see the polish.  I can see the effort.  

I fear Zack is hurt worse than the Jets are letting on.  Lets play Mike White.  So it will not be this week.  How about next week?  How about halftime?   Release the Kracken."

THE KRACKEN IS LOOSE!  LONG LIVE THE KRACKEN! 

That was very educational 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

MW lost to Buffalo last year

So did ZW in week 18 when he threw for all of 70 yards or whatever

White was injured early vs the Colts throwing a TD pass to Elijah Moore 

But you want to put that loss on him

You’re a joke, sorry 

You want to credit MW with 27 ppg when he got injured in the first, and I’m the joke? 

On WFAN yesterday the host (I think Kim Jones) said that the players were chanting MW's name in practice and she'd never seen anything like that before.  She also said something about MW being very likable, including to Saleh. 

In other words, MW is more of a natural leader.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

On WFAN yesterday the host (I think Kim Jones) said that the players were chanting MW's name in practice and she'd never seen anything like that before.  She also said something about MW being very likable, including to Saleh. 

In other words, MW is more of a natural leader.

What? Practice this week? That’s funny if true. 

22 minutes ago, Jetluv58 said:

That Maga reference was a bummer. Can’t watch him the same way now. 

His mom is nuts. Don’t google it lol. Between the pics with the patriots jersey, the head bands, if this kid wasn’t a Jet I would enjoy his failure like Hannibal lecter enjoying a nice Chianti ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

In Mike White’s four starts, the Jets have averaged 27 ppg, which is the highest ppg average of any Jets QB in the Super Bowl Era.

27 ppg would rank third in the NFL right now, behind the Chiefs and the Bills.

Mike White

Small Sample Sizes are a thing.

First, White only has 3 career starts, not 4.

Second, his actual Personal PPG is much less:

One great game (Bengals, 34 points). 

One short injured game (Colts, 30 points, only 7 of which are White's) where the PPG wasn't really him. 

One meh Game (Buffalo, 17 points, where 7 of those points were Flacco's).

But I know you know all that.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Small Sample Sizes are a thing.

First, White only has 3 career starts, not 4.

Second, his actual Personal PPG is much less:

One great game (Bengals, 34 points). 

One short injured game (Colts, 30 points, only 7 of which are White's) where the PPG wasn't really him. 

One meh Game (Buffalo, 17 points, where 7 of those points were Flacco's).

But I know you know all that.  

Rachel Dratch Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/26/2022 at 7:46 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

I predict Mike White is going to be better than people are expecting.

And while the above play was difficult, MW will handle the easier plays much more smoothly than ZW did (with ZW, he could make a screen pass look like pulling teeth).

Sup

• Post of the Week 4