White > Wilson

Bronx

30 minutes ago, bd71 said:

Agree but need to see White keep it up against better competition next week vs. Minnesota.

Understandable. But Mike white is making the simple throws. Even if he sucks vs Minny, look at how hes running the offense compared to Zach. Zach shouldnt see the field the rest of the season unless White gets hurt

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

23 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Hopefully we never see him in a jets uniform ever again.

Never understand why some seem to take this so personally.  I would wager that the NYJ would love to have say  Geno Smith here again next year, and I heard a lot of the same stuff about Geno when he got benched.

People **** up, they make mistakes.  Sometimes they figure it out, sometimes they don't...but never understood the 'he's dead to me' philosophy.

White's killing it...enjoy it.  But that has no bearing on what becomes of Wilson...he's a sunk cost at this point and it would be beneficial for the NYJ if Wilson became something either here, or in a  trade somewhere else.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

White is definitely outplaying Wilson this game versus your choice of Wilson's games this season. It's 3/4 of one game against a bottom tier team so I'm not ready to crown him the future of the team but right now it feels like it's his to lose. Unless White suffers injury, reverses course and has several bad games, or Wilson starts killing it in practice, I don't see Wilson coming back this season as the starter. 

Right now just enjoying a good looking offense. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's going to be interesting to see how Saleh handles the inevitable "You said ZW is coming back this season.  Is that still the case?" type question.

I think woody should be calling JD into his office and make him explain how the heck he was so sure in Wilson, and he is horrible and looks like a 7th round pick, not a 2nd overall in yr 2. And if his stubbornness because he couldn’t admit he was wrong, we had to give pats 2 very easily winnable games if Wilson was not behind center.

52 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Feels so good. White has just been in total command - Knows where everyone is and extremely decisive.

If nothing else he’s showing he’s an ideal backup. 

I’ll be honest, I don’t know why White isn’t and shouldn’t be considered a starter candidate in and of himself.  Like a Kirk Cousins, sometimes the mid-rounder is the guy, not the “elite potential” guy.

Taking everything we’ve seen from White in real games in 2021 and 2022, he has earned the starts job. I want to see more, without any short leashes or implied/stated temporary status. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Warfish said:

I’ll be honest, I don’t know why White isn’t and shouldn’t be considered a starter candidate in and of himself.  Like a Kirk Cousins, sometimes the mid-rounder is the guy, not the “elite potential” guy.

Taking everything we’ve seen from White in real games in 2021 and 2022, he has earned the starts job. I want to see more, without any short leashes or implied/stated temporary status. 

He’ll have to do it over a few games obviously- If he maintains this level to close the season he’d suddenly become a hot commodity and at that point you have to evaluate how sustainable it is.

I don’t think he will though, I expect a drop off against better defences. I think White is a good situational player but we seen when he has to force things it gets pretty ugly.