Rex Ryan and why he is Pumped Even Tough The Jets Lost!

21 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Hey I'm sure someone posted this but I had to post this when I saw it, Rex Ryan, saying something sane and exciting concerning the Jets!

Hire this man as an advisor Saleh! :) 

Not sure about football advisor but hiring him as press secretary would be lit...

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Interesting thing here between Rex and Saleh.  Some would remember the little media tiff they had a short while back.  While acting as a color commentator, Rex said that fans and pundits would describe Saleh as "like Rex but without the bad stuff".  Rex pointed to that and seemed to take offense.  Said Saleh should not be compared to him and that somtimes you need "some of the bad stuff".  Saleh reacted and said "If it is that personal for him, he knows where to find me".  Rex called him the next day and then all was good.  Rex was singing his praises.

Funny part is... Saleh wound up channeling some of his inner Rex with the "taking receipts" quote.  Although Saleh got ribbed by fans and the media for that, it Showed that Saleh was competitive to the point of being pissed off enough to make a mistake like that before the media. 

Ironic.

And... In the weeks that followed, Saleh and the Jets did indeed cash in a few of those receipts.

Come on and cash in another against BEEFALO

Saleh didn’t make a mistake, he said what he said to make it about him, to take it off of his players. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

True.  It’s what good HCs do, put the talking points on them.

Yeah.  Still a questionable thing to do if you want a long career.  I think Saleh probably feels like it was a mistake to say that.  He hears what the commentators say.  It can bring an overall lack of respect.  Unless you are Rex.  If you say one questionable thing, it is a mistake.  If you say something questionable every day, no one pays attention :-)   

11 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Yeah.  Still a questionable thing to do if you want a long career.  I think Saleh probably feels like it was a mistake to say that.  He hears what the commentators say.  It can bring an overall lack of respect.  Unless you are Rex.  If you say one questionable thing, it is a mistake.  If you say something questionable every day, no one pays attention :-)   

I think Saleh does and should think it was brilliant.  The media and so called experts have called it just that, there isn’t a reason to feel like it was a mistake.  The team has responded to the tune of being ahead of schedule 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

Im glad this guy isn’t our coach anymore but how any Jets fan can hate Rex Ryan is beyond me.

People around here (including me) were excited that Ruckert was drafted here because he was a Jets fan.  Rex was the head coaching equivalent of that.  He grew up on the Jets sideline when his dad coached here, and even said when he was named Jets HC that the Jets were his team.  It was sad that it didn't work out after an exciting first two years, but he clearly has his Jets fan cap back on again now.  And I'm here for it.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I think Saleh does and should think it was brilliant.  The media has called it just that, there isn’t a reason to feel like it was a mistake.  The team has responded to the tune of being ahead of schedule 

I liked it because it was something for fans to talk about and muse over.  One of the reasons I had so much fun when Rex was HC.  Nonstop entertainment.  You didn't even need a game.  It was really a blast.  Off topic for this thread, but what a contrast between Rex defense and Saleh.  Rex defense so much flash.  Very exotic.  Never the same alignment twice in a row, it seemed.   Very much driven by overload blitzing and pressing CBs.  Saleh very different.  Lots of nickel.  Flexing the second and third level where as Rex would flex first and second level.  Rex defense driven by scheme variations and adjustments on the fly, Saleh defense driven by speed and simplicity.  A coach's defense vs. a player's defense. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Im glad this guy isn’t our coach anymore but how any Jets fan can hate Rex Ryan is beyond me.

Don’t hate him, frustrated by him.  Because he had a great roster and neglected the offense. Never went to meetings.    He left us and went to Buffalo and their defense fell from top 10 to 17 or so…….   He inherited a great roster and after 2 years was toast.  Rex idea of what works is a bygone era. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, JiFields said:

I ❤️ Rex Ryan

As did REX’s players  and most Giants players hated Parcells.  Who’s happier now, former Jets under Rex or SB winners under BP? I enjoyed his 2 years here, they were fun. But his last 4 was the real REX.

REX is not a winner.   He’s just not. He's drunk uncle Charlie who after a few days is just drunk and self centered.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

Interesting thing here between Rex and Saleh.  Some would remember the little media tiff they had a short while back.  While acting as a color commentator, Rex said that fans and pundits would describe Saleh as "like Rex but without the bad stuff".  Rex pointed to that and seemed to take offense.  Said Saleh should not be compared to him and that somtimes you need "some of the bad stuff".  Saleh reacted and said "If it is that personal for him, he knows where to find me".  Rex called him the next day and then all was good.  Rex was singing his praises.

Funny part is... Saleh wound up channeling some of his inner Rex with the "taking receipts" quote.  Although Saleh got ribbed by fans and the media for that, it Showed that Saleh was competitive to the point of being pissed off enough to make a mistake like that before the media. 

Ironic.

And... In the weeks that followed, Saleh and the Jets did indeed cash in a few of those receipts.

Come on and cash in another against BEEFALO

Saleh didn’t make a mistake by saying, “take receipts”. He did it intentionally. We all, myself included, jumped on it like a blemish, but he has since made it clear he was taking focus off the young players.

Not following your logic in this post, but I agree with the BEEFALO part. ?

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, MykePM said:

People around here (including me) were excited that Ruckert was drafted here because he was a Jets fan.  Rex was the head coaching equivalent of that.  He grew up on the Jets sideline when his dad coached here, and even said when he was named Jets HC that the Jets were his team.  It was sad that it didn't work out after an exciting first two years, but he clearly has his Jets fan cap back on again now.  And I'm here for it.

Exactly. This guy loves the Jets and probably wanted to win a Super Bowl specifically as the HC of NYJ more than any coach we've had or will have. Love the guy...but clearly happy that he isn't our head coach anymore.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Well you can look at it from the point he is a phony.

The defenses in Baltimore were engineered by Ozzie Newsome, Marvin Lewis and Mike Nolan.

Rextard had virtually nothing to do with it.

You should look up what those three guys have to say about him after he was passed over for the HC job there.

12 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Don’t hate him, frustrated by him.  Because he had a great roster and neglected the offense. Never went to meetings.    He left us and went to Buffalo and their defense fell from top 10 to 17 or so…….   He inherited a great roster and after 2 years was toast.  Rex idea of what works is a bygone era. 

If Donald Strickland and Shon Greene didn't get hurt halfway through the Colts game. We would have won, and beat the hell out of the Packers in the Super Bowl. I'm very sure on that Southpark 

I havent posted much since they blew this game becuase I have been appalled at how sooooo many people are cheering on this moral victory as if they did something good. They COMPLETELY blew that game. They choked it away, just like the 2 Pat's losses. 

To see so many people encouraged by such a pitiful display of "try hard" disgusts me. I'm over trying hard and still losing. I am tired of EXPECTING to lose the tough games against solid teams and being right at the end of the game. 

I dont care who dropped the ball, who missed the block, who over threw the pass or who called the wrong/bad play. I'm sick of all the god damn losing and WAY past all the damn excuses. It actually disgusts me that so many talking heads are all on TV patting the JETS on the back like:

"Awww, you did the best you could. we didnt expect much in the first place this year. good try"

Encouraged by the team not being as pitiful as the last few years? Yes

Encouraged by a loss? Hell no. 

12 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

The idea that he inherited this great roster just isn’t true. That roster suffered losses to bring in Favre, then lost Favre only to be replaced by Sanchez. He brought in his guys to run his defense and had them #1 a year after Mandope had them at #18 & 19 the previous two years. It was a top heavy, short on depth team that he helped shape and do more than every coach not named Weeb ever managed in the team’s history. He gets crap because he was a character, but he knew his x’s & o’s. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, genot said:

If Donald Strickland and Shon Greene didn't get hurt halfway through the Colts game. We would have won, and beat the hell out of the Packers in the Super Bowl. I'm very sure on that Southpark 

We had a good team., think youre confused with the years, maybe it's me. I believe the year we lost to Indy, Indy lost the SB to NO.

We gave up 24 unanswered points to Indy after having the lead. The REX apologists blame Revis getting hurt as well.

You're thinking 2010 when we lost to PITT in AFC game. 

Maybe im mistaken?