Zach starting Sunday (merged)

3 minutes ago, JiFields said:

I feel bad for Mike White, but whatever man, we cant control this sh*t.  So all I can do is be highly intrigued by how this experience maybe/possibly/hopefully changed Zach Wilson. lmfao....but this is grade A entertainment IMO, lol

This is the right approach

Just embrace that this is the kind of sh*t that happens to this franchise.

Any QB who can actually play well will get hurt in green and white (and black). 

Let's just enjoy the show. Wilson can't be any worse on Sunday than he was in New England, right? Only way to go is up!

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, JiFields said:

I dont know about this report or what not but I always wonder in these situations....how was he cleared to go back into the game and then 5 days later, he's not cleared to play?

Yeah that's the only weird part. Maybe something they saw in the MRI that showed up, which they weren't able to do during the game? But then again, shouldn't that have been ruled out immediately after the MRI? lol.

Jets medical staff has been just terrible this year. 

• Upvote 1

I’m so shocked that this got as jetsy as jetsy can get jetsy. 

I’ll be watching this at the family Christmas party with giants fan dad and bills fan bro in law and nephew so if I don’t post a lot in the game thread it means I’m so drunk I passed out lol. 

the only silver lining here is Zach has a practice today to get the rust off and time to get his head straight.  

we want Zach to play well , right ?

not bad for entertainment eh ? ?

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I was thinking ribs or liver but yeah it could be a kidney as well  . 

I’m not a doctor, but there are lingering side effects to bruised ribs and they could be protecting his lungs, chest. Stain could lead to fluid or blood build up.

• Upvote 2

I’m happy to not play what ifs.  I’m sure the outcome after the game will probably make the next step self apparent but they have Mike White as the starter so thats probably will be default that would need to be challenged.

Also if White has been getting practice reps that’s what the coaches obviously wanted to do.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I didn't post it here yesterday because it seemed like baseless speculation but someone with a lot of followers on twitter (some jets fan) said "they were hearing Mike White has 4 broken ribs". Still likely to be false but this news makes me wonder.

So this would mean the Jets sent MW back out their Sunday with 4 broken ribs and the chance he could sustain a very severe injury ? I mean they took X-rays WTF !

What is it with this team and injuries and the lack of being forward with the diagnosis . 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Smashmouth said:

So this would mean the Jets sent MW back out their Sunday with 4 broken ribs and the chance he could sustain a very severe injury ? I mean they took X-rays WTF !

What is it with this team and injuries and the lack of being forward with the diagnosis . 

I think it's still likely this isn't true. It's just more likely it is now

Bummer

Zach has to rally his troops..  especially his wide receivers.  They have been “all in” with White.  That seems to be especially the case with Elijah Moore.  

It’s his moment to shine. So much on his shoulders with the playoffs on the line.  I have my doubts, to be sure. 

Game plan can’t be ultra conservative.  Open up the playbook.  Let’s go!

• Upvote 1