Sam Darnold

1 hour ago, football guy said:

It's really disheartening. I don't want to make it all about how a guy sucks or not because I do think these coaches can be good coaches. There have been plenty of OCs or QB coaches who started out rough and went on to become some of the greatest coaches of all time. My problem lies with the way they've handled this offense and the players within it. For whatever reason, MLF is married to his game plans. He's shown the ability to be flexible with his game plans, but he's not flexible in games... either very bland or very creative. His scheme does work IMO, but it requires everyone to perfectly execute simultaneously with timing (which is why SF is so freaking good)... that's not talent, it's coaching and a player's own coachability. When you have a lot of inexperienced coaches at significant positions (QB/WR), as well as significant injuries along the OL, you can't expect everyone to execute perfectly within the scheme as you've designed it... that's when I believe it's up to the OC to swallow his pride, tear it up, and implement something that can work with what you have for the sake of production. MLF hasn't done that. Again, I think a lot of it stems from him identifying opponents weaknesses and building a game plan around that, rather than just playing to our strengths. 

What’s interesting and correct me if I’m wrong…. of all the”wiz kid” coaches the Niners had recently , the only one they fought to keep, and did, was the current DC that they elevated when Saleh left. Saleh, MLF, McDaniel, said thanks for everything and have a great life. If Saleh truly wants to be a great HC and fix this mess, MLF, Calabrrse and any of the other trolls who had anything to do with our QB’s have to be shown the door the minute the season is over. It’s that simple and I hope Woody has made this clear to Saleh.

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

All I do is get my feet in warm water, get my nails clipped. No "clear polish". lol...I get the manicure too. I love it. It's so relaxing man. You busting my chops, but I know you do the same thing. 

I’m glad you realize I’m just busting on you, ?.There’s absolutely nothing wrong with it. I’ve never had it done, but I totally get how relaxing it must be.

There’s also nothing wrong with a straight man taking pride in his appearance. I work out 4 days a week, get a haircut every two weeks, and spend more money on clothes than most women probably do. 

Gay Pirate Ship GIF

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

Why does Jones look real? It’s one year which he’s got the 4th best RB in the league . Let’s see how real it is next year without Barkley

That's not really a valid argument.  Why don't we see how Mahomes is without Kelce, or Hurts is without AJ Brown?  Jones has definitely moved closer to FQB status this year regardless of supporting cast...

18 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I think he’s improved, but just to be clear - that’s over 5 games at the end of a lost season. isn’t this somewhat similar to what he did in his last 4 games here as a rookie?

It’s a dangerously small sample size is all I’m saying 

But when they bring in Gase as his QB coach, you'll really see the results.

Jokes aside, I  am pulling for Sam.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m glad you realize I’m just busting on you, ?.There’s absolutely nothing wrong with it. I’ve never had it done, but I totally get how relaxing it must be.

There’s also nothing wrong with a straight man taking pride in his appearance. I work out 4 days a week, get a haircut every two weeks, and spend more money on clothes than most women probably do. 

Gay Pirate Ship GIF

images.jpg.1d84913b8a8e53d06c651089b4c48784.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, doitny said:

Why does Jones look real? It’s one year which he’s got the 4th best RB in the league . Let’s see how real it is next year without Barkley

Look, I understand a Jets fan not wanting to give the Giants any credit, but come on with this. Have you seen the WRs and TE’s on the Giants?
Daboll seems to have really made a difference. Jones has had a very good season.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, section314 said:

What’s interesting and correct me if I’m wrong…. of all the”wiz kid” coaches the Niners had recently , the only one they fought to keep, and did, was the current DC that they elevated when Saleh left. Saleh, MLF, McDaniel, said thanks for everything and have a great life. If Saleh truly wants to be a great HC and fix this mess, MLF, Calabrrse and any of the other trolls who had anything to do with our QB’s have to be shown the door the minute the season is over. It’s that simple and I hope Woody has made this clear to Saleh.

I’m of the opinion that if this needs to be forced upon Saleh, you might as well just fire him too.

If you can’t trust your HC to even have the right coordinators in place, what’s the point? If he can’t see these issues himself, he’s part of the problem.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 1/5/2023 at 10:17 AM, k-met57 said:

are you at all open to supporting Wilson to see what we can salvage from this investment? every post you make is just hateful bashing. How is that serving this team or this fanbase? dont we all have to hope this sh*t works out?

Looks like someone called the whambulance

On 1/5/2023 at 2:02 PM, southparkcpa said:

But when they bring in Gase as his QB coach, you'll really see the results.

Jokes aside, I  am pulling for Sam.

Our options are not great but Sam would actually be intriguing.  He's been in the league for around 5 years now, with 2 orgs and multiple HC and OCs.  And he's finally starting to turn things around.  Plus he's only like 25 years old.  TB12 or Rodgers would be my top choices but Sam would be #3 for me (at least as of right now).

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Our options are not great but Sam would actually be intriguing.  He's been in the league for around 5 years now, with 2 orgs and multiple HC and OCs.  And he's finally starting to turn things around.  Plus he's only like 25 years old.  TB12 or Rodgers would be my top choices but Sam would be #3 for me (at least as of right now).

his game today didnt change my opinion - right now my short list is Love and Darnold....get to 2024.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Also fumbled at the goal line but Panthers recovered in the end zone.........Have seen this with Sam before he had some very good stretches with the Jets but always reverted to be average at best.......Even when he played well this year he had 7 TD's in 6 games, i do not think we have to go though another Darnold reign......Today's QBR......_-13.2.....