Sam Darnold

9 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

Ben McAdoo- QB whisperer.

It's an interesting comment.  How much of the learning curve/success rate is based on the coach/system and how much is based on the player gaining experience?  This Darnold thing, which we don't know is real yet, and the Daniel Jones thing, which does look to be real, are real studies in QB development. 

• Upvote 2

There is a scenario where I welcome Darnold but things would really have to go wrong.

Brady to Vegas

Carr to Miami

Jimmy G to NE

Rodgers retires

Love takes over GB

If something along these lines happens then I'm probably in the Minshew, Darnold, White, Tannehill tier of QBs. That would be a gut punch. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Augustiniak said:

Not only would darnold not come here but at this point it’s got to be all over the league that MLF sucks.  Why would any vet qb come here to play for the OC who will be known for the Zach wilson failure?  

Because there are < jobs than QB and money talks...it wont be cheap whomever they get and I also suspect some coaching changes announced well before FA starts.

11 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

There is a scenario where I welcome Darnold but things would really have to go wrong.

Brady to Vegas

Carr to Miami

Jimmy G to NE

Rodgers retires

Love takes over GB

If something along these lines happens then I'm probably in the Minshew, Darnold, White, Tannehill tier of QBs. That would be a gut punch. 

Given the dearth of real QB's in today's NFL, both Minshew and Darnold (and Mayfield) are going to command real QB money.   All three of them are still really young as well.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Brady to Vegas

Carr to Miami

Jimmy G to NE

Rodgers retires

Love takes over GB

Darnold is my fav out of all those other choices.  He is perfect bridge to 2024 and maybe beyond if he keeps getting better.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I think he’s improved, but just to be clear - that’s over 5 games at the end of a lost season. isn’t this somewhat similar to what he did in his last 4 games here as a rookie?

It’s a dangerously small sample size is all I’m saying 

The panthers were in the playoff race up until last week. Same as the Jets so…… not a lost season. Darnold stabilized that team. I think we should trade Zach, get a 5th round pick and watch him bring a competent team to the playoffs. Then we will at least know we do have the capability of drafting successful QBs! Not with our team , but hey, we have Mike f’n White! 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

The panthers were in the playoff race up until last week. Same as the Jets so…… not a lost season. Darnold stabilized that team. I think we should trade Zach, get a 5th round pick and watch him bring a competent team to the playoffs. Then we will at least know we do have the capability of drafting successful QBs! Not with our team , but hey, we have Mike f’n White! 

Eh, nobody realistically thought they were in a playoff race when he took over. Their board was still talking about tanking when he started his first game. Either way, he was facing minimal expectations and he’s only shined for 5 games. I’d be careful. I’d need to see more. 

2 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

It's an interesting comment.  How much of the learning curve/success rate is based on the coach/system and how much is based on the player gaining experience?  This Darnold thing, which we don't know is real yet, and the Daniel Jones thing, which does look to be real, are real studies in QB development. 

And................. they play in the worst division in the NFL.

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

Not only would darnold not come here but at this point it’s got to be all over the league that MLF sucks.  Why would any vet qb come here to play for the OC who will be known for the Zach wilson failure?  

Except what if he doesn't suck.  I mean, how many videos do we have to see over the past 12 weeks where receivers have been schemed open, yet are somehow not thrown to?

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Would you say the same about Baker Mayfield if the roles were reversed? I'm NOT saying I want Darnold back, but I wouldn't say he sucks. He did cost me a $392 on a live bet parlay when he fumbled late in the 4th. ?

I live in South Carolina, I watch Sam play his games on tv. He’s still a mistake waiting to happen.

• Upvote 1