Flacco IS Starting (Merged)

Streveler should be starting this game, but Saleh is probably afraid he could win, like he did in the preseason,  This is basically back to the preseason. 

I can see both GW and SG not getting Rookies of the Year because they plan on such a pathetic team.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This game has ALL the hall marks of a late season totally meaningless win to screw draft position.

On tankathon we are currently picking 13th, if we lose maybe we pick like 11th if we win maybe we pick like 15 - 16th lets say.

In their mock they have the two top offensive tackles going at 11 and then 13

This is going to happen the jets annual play for pride game long after they have played like garbager to pooch the draft.

It really does Beerfish, this game is going to be monumental in the history of this franchise. And it won't be for any good reasons either. We will either get dropped or raised to a slot that makes us miss out on a future Hall of Fame player while we choose the next Kyle Wilson or Vlad Ducasse, not to mention the upcoming injuries that causes uncertain surgeries to star players oh man I have a bad bad feeling about this one

Just now, bla bla bla said:

That's why they are playing Flacco. He is the better QB right now.

So why didn't they start him against the Lions? We could already have a playoff spot locked up and wouldn't even being having this asinine conversation right now. 

That was the play in Week ten. You pulled Zach for White for a reason. That reason didn't go away when White was injured. You still keep Zach on the bench and start Flacco. This entire meltdown and juggling QB's for 9 games never happens if they had done that. JUST DUMB MANAGEMENT OF THE ENTIRE SITUATION.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

That's why they are playing Flacco. He is the better QB right now.

If you are Zach Wilson and you give a sh*t about your future, you should be screaming from the roof of the building that you want to start the game on Sunday. How does this mush even walk back into that locker room?

• Upvote 3

Just now, T0mShane said:

If you are Zach Wilson and you give a sh*t about your future, you should be screaming from the roof of the building that you want to start the game on Sunday. How does this mush even walk back into that locker room?

It's mind blowing. 

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

Should fire Saleh just for this brainless fart. What good does starting Flacco does? It’s an absolute garbage move. 

WHY?

Jets fans SCREAM to lose games when they don't matter.  This game does not matter.  Why risk getting anyone hurt?  Why win this game and put the Patriots in the playoffs?  

Who should we start?  Zach Wilson?  Yeah, no.  Mike White?  Yeah, no.  Streveler will probably see time.  Flacco is probably retiring after this year, and it gives him one more game.  Maybe, just MAYBE the Jets are trying to do right, since the game does not matter.

• Upvote 1

By the way, when some fans argue for "Consistency" and against making staff or front office changes, it's moments like this I think about.

Consistency IS a good thing.  I too would like to keep a Coaching Staff and Front Office in place for a decade or longer, like the Steelers do.

But to be able to do that, you have to have a competent group hired in the first place.  People worthy of sticking with because while they may not win a ton, they made good, solid decisions that make sense.

Does this, and many recent moves, seem like good, solid decisions that makes sense?

I suppose if we're trying to lose, maybe it is.  Maybe that's all this is.

• Upvote 1

Not sure why there is outrage/confusion over this.  Wilson is done for the year.  They are not going to have him take another snap before getting to reset this offseason.  White was probably playing hurt last week, and is still probably not even 100%.  They rolled the dice since they still had playoff hopes, but it's over now.  Why play a guy who is not healthy in a meaningless game?  I have a hard time believing he was anywhere close to 100% last week coming off broken ribs, and I highly doubt things have improved much after taking some hits against Seattle.  

This game means nothing.  Flacco playing is the right move.  Take the L, it's something this team should have done in the past in situations like this but never did(see: Trevor Lawrence).  

12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This game has ALL the hall marks of a late season totally meaningless win to screw draft position.

On tankathon we are currently picking 13th, if we lose maybe we pick like 11th if we win maybe we pick like 15 - 16th lets say.

This is going to happen the jets annual play for pride game long after they have played like garbager to pooch the draft.

You’re aware Joe Flacco is starting and we’re down 3 starters on the OL, right?

Just now, bonkertons said:

Not sure why there is outrage/confusion over this.  Wilson is done for the year.  They are not going to have him take another snap before getting to reset this offseason.  White was probably playing hurt last week, and is still probably not even 100%.  They rolled the dice since they still had playoff hopes, but it's over now.  Why play a guy who is not healthy in a meaningless game?  I have a hard time believing he was anywhere close to 100% last week coming off broken ribs, and I highly doubt things have improved much after taking some hits against Seattle.  

This game means nothing.  Flacco playing is the right move.  Take the L, it's something this team should have done in the past in situations like this but never did(see: Trevor Lawrence).  

Wilson is the #2 Sunday and Flacco has no o-line. Wilson will be taking snaps.

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is Saleh doing him a big favor, he said the reason he's starting Flacco is because Joe "processes things quicker" than Wilson, he'll see the rush coming faster and dump it off or throw it OoB instead of a 38 yard sack OR WORSE that Wilson would cause. He should be on the roof with a megaphone THANKING Saleh for not giving the NFL films department further film and reasons to  doubt Zach will ever have anything of value for his 2022 resume' 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

By the way, when some fans argue for "Consistency" and against making staff or front office changes, it's moments like this I think about.

Consistency IS a good thing.  I too would like to keep a Coaching Staff and Front Office in place for a decade or longer, like the Steelers do.

But to be able to do that, you have to have a competent group hired in the first place.  People worthy of sticking with because while they may not win a ton, they made good, solid decisions that make sense.

Does this, and many recent moves, seem like good, solid decisions that makes sense?

I suppose if we're trying to lose, maybe it is.  Maybe that's all this is.

ffs what is the crime with starting Flacco in this must lose game behind a make shift o-line?

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I know you know it could never happen but WHAT IF he did play and surprisingly plays really well 300+ yards and multiple TDs and trounces Miami

how does that look for Saleh and MLF especially after everything they did and said?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SickJetFan said:

I know you know it could never happen but WHAT IF he did play and surprisingly plays really well 300+ yards and multiple TDs and trounces Miami

how does that look for Saleh and MLF especially after everything they did and said?

That would be far and away the best outcome for all parties.

17 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If Joe Flacco can win with 4th string back ups on the OL. Then god bless him. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Beat guys doing a pathetic job of letting Saleh slide on these deflections.

Reading the phrasing on some of this, it’s clear Hughes is in the tank for the coaches. It doesn’t mean he’s not reliable, but we’re three days from the circular firing squad opening up, and it’s worth bearing in mind when reading whatever he publishes about it. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Yea I wasn't sure I'm still in a state of shock after listening to that Saleh press conference - listen to it usapaw and you'll see what I mean

He has to pretend he wants to win this game but it was likely just a walk through BS PC. If he said we are going to tank this game for better draft position the league would definitely fine him and the JETs. I would be surprised if they really tried to win this game.

9 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

WHY?

Jets fans SCREAM to lose games when they don't matter.  This game does not matter.  Why risk getting anyone hurt?  Why win this game and put the Patriots in the playoffs?  

Who should we start?  Zach Wilson?  Yeah, no.  Mike White?  Yeah, no.  Streveler will probably see time.  Flacco is probably retiring after this year, and it gives him one more game.  Maybe, just MAYBE the Jets are trying to do right, since the game does not matter.

I tend to agree, however, they shouldn't play garrett wilson or other young talent for fear that something happens that puts training camp in jeopardy.

Also, I know this goes against what I just said, but how about making Ruckert active and giving him some field time to end his rookie year?!

Just now, SickJetFan said:

maybe for team Zach but not good look for team Saleh

Saleh’s been saying all along that their plan was to get Zach back on track. Zach playing well, even in garbage time, would allow them to go into the offseason looking like they’re not entirely full of sh*t

Just now, T0mShane said:

Saleh’s been saying all along that their plan was to get Zach back on track. Zach playing well, even in garbage time, would allow them to go into the offseason looking like they’re not entirely full of sh*t

true but would also mean they missed an opportunity to make playoffs in Seattle

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Reading the phrasing on some of this, it’s clear Hughes is in the tank for the coaches. It doesn’t mean he’s not reliable, but we’re three days from the circular firing squad opening up, and it’s worth bearing in mind when reading whatever he publishes about it. 

My read on this—based on things they’ve tipped off in their various media platforms—is that Hughes and Rosenblatt have an open channel to LaFleur and will always provide pro-LaFleur spin. Hughes has mentioned a few times that he gets occasional texts from Saleh. Cimini is the one I find most interesting because I *think* he’s more plugged in with ownership.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Fully, you are aware this is the New York Jets right?  The other teams is starting their 3rd stringer as well.

Joe Flacco is a statue and we’re starting a waiver wire OL. Miami actually wants to win. This is gonna be a massive blowout. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

My read on this—based on things they’ve tipped off in their various media platforms—is that Hughes and Rosenblatt have an open channel to LaFleur and will always provide pro-LaFleur spin. Hughes has mentioned a few times that he gets occasional texts from Saleh. Cimini is the one I find most interesting because I *think* he’s more plugged in with ownership.

Cimini is also more plugged in with NFL in general being espn where SNY is more homer driven.

• Upvote 1