Flacco IS Starting (Merged)

We should all be excited about this. 

Statistically, Joe Flacco has been our best QB on the season.  Highest passer rating and TD % among our 3 starters.  Lowest Int % and best TD-Int ratio.

Before I get any downvotes or get attacked, this is sarcasm.  The fact that an argument can be made that a 37 year old distinterested Joe Flacco has been our statistically best QB just shows how bad all 3 guys have been.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

If you are being 100% honest, it was obvious White shouldn't have even been playing LAST week. Zach Wilson should have been given the opportunity to rise to the occasion and play well when everyone was out on him. White was a shell of his former self and Flacco is still a player in name only. Playing Flacco makes no sense and never did this year. This has been a legendary SOJ collapse and this final beatdown in Miami will just be the icing on the cake. 

Fant out, Brown out, Herbig out? Let's play our old man who can barely move and doesn't want to be out there anyway. That's how we "finish strong!"

Woody, I change my mind - get rid of this coach. And, make sure he knowns that "it's not about the playoffs," it's about not being a laughingstock. 

• Post of the Week 3

6 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

Wilson. Why Flacco? For what reason? It’s not like we are protecting a franchise QB. Wilson is the best choice. He loves to dance around. 

If they want to lose to improve their draft spot, Flacco is the ideal fall guy.  They dont care if he looks bad.  They dont care if he gets his head stoved in

• Upvote 1

Just now, The Crusher said:

Chill brother. Your Sunday just opened  up! 

I know I feel like I'm in a Twilight Zone episode this is just like the last game of Brett Favre and Eric Mangini's Jets careers back in 2008 the next to last game was the Jets not scoring any TDs against the Seahawks and the last game being against Miami do do do do  do do do do

• Upvote 1

Somebody’s going to have to make sense of this for me. If you can’t play Wilson behind this line, why make him the backup? Does anyone think a guy who’ll be 38 in a week and a half is making it through a whole game behind this group? If making Wilson the starter would be “leading a lamb to slaughter,” what’s it going to be when he ends up playing behind the crappy line anyway, but without having taken any first-team reps all week? What a cluster****.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Not risking any further injuries to anyone who matters. 

This is better and worse than this. 

Most of the guys not playing are not under contract next year, including White.

I actually believe their agents picked up the phone and asked to be left out of this.

So with the Dolphins demanding a victory and the Jets starting Flacco and benching half the rest of the team, this is lookinkg like a preseason quality massacre that should help our draft pick.  

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Somebody’s going to have to make sense of this for me. If you can’t play Wilson behind this line, why make him the backup? Does anyone think a guy who’ll be 38 in a week and a half is making it through a whole game behind this group? So then you end up playing Wilson behind the crappy line anyway, but without having taken any first-team reps all week. What a cluster****.

THIS

This staff is lost

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

If you are being 100% honest, it was obvious White shouldn't have even been playing LAST week. Zach Wilson should have been given the opportunity to rise to the occasion and play well when everyone was out on him. White was a shell of his former self and Flacco is still a player in name only. Playing Flacco makes no sense and never did this year. This has been a legendary SOJ collapse and this final beatdown in Miami will just be the icing on the cake. 

Fant out, Brown out, Herbig out? Let's play our old man who can barely move and doesn't want to be out there anyway. That's how we "finish strong!"

Woody, I change my mind - get rid of this coach. And, make sure he knowns that "it's not about the playoffs," it's about not being a laughingstock. 

It does show you that the coaches believed that an injured white at 50% is still better than wilson completely healthy.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Somebody’s going to have to make sense of this for me. If you can’t play Wilson behind this line, why make him the backup? Does anyone think a guy who’ll be 38 in a week and a half is making it through a whole game behind this group? If making Wilson the starter would be “leading a lamb to slaughter,” what’s it going to be when he ends up playing behind the crappy line anyway, but without having taken any first-team reps all week? What a cluster****.

I'm listening to Saleh's PC now and he said the reason is bc he can process things faster and beat the rush by recognition 

• Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 1

5 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

If they drop the Miami game, their draft pick will be 5 to 8 spots higher.  Who better than Flacco to take the fall ???

• Upvote 2