Flacco IS Starting (Merged)

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

So with playoffs and season on the line and only a few weeks removed from "THE GREAT RESET" they start Wilson who was clearly not ready.

With the playoffs out of reach and the team eliminated, they can't start the young developmental guy, and turn to the veteran....

confused-jaguarsfan.gif

Agree.  Zach is broken. His confidence is shot. Another embarrassing performance does nothing to help him. With nothing on the line, there is no benefit. It’s clear as day that he isn’t ready to play the position (will he ever be?). He needs to be treated like a project if the organization really does want to hold his rights for another two seasons. If that’s the case, he needs to be kept off the field until he is mentally ready to play again.

So with playoffs and season on the line and only a few weeks removed from "THE GREAT RESET" they start Wilson who was clearly not ready.

With the playoffs out of reach and the team eliminated, they can't start the young developmental guy, and turn to the veteran....

confused-jaguarsfan.gif

Agree.  Zach is broken. His confidence is shot. Another embarrassing performance does nothing to help him. With nothing on the line, there is no benefit. It’s clear as day that he isn’t ready to play the position (will he ever be?). He needs to be treated like a project if the organization really does want to hold his rights for another two seasons. If that’s the case, he needs to be kept off the field until he is mentally ready to play again.

confused-jaguarsfan.gif

confused-jaguarsfan.gif

What in the absolute ****. 

It is IMPOSSIBLE to **** up the QB situation more than Fat Joe and Bobby Salads have, and people on here ACTUALLY want to retain these two ******* ****s beyond the season?  

Are you ******* kidding me right now? How can you look me in the face as a Jets fan and say "Yeah! Sign me up for more of THIS sweet business!" 

Clowns. 

• Upvote 4

56 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Losing Mike White would be far from the worst thing ever. He's a good kid and a solid backup ... But let's be real.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I agree but honestly run this scenario... 

1. ATL: 
  2. HOU:  
  3. IND: 
  4. LV: 
  5. NO: 
  6. NYJ: 
  7. TB: 
  8. TEN: trade for Derek Carr 
  9. WAS: 

BAL: Lamar Jackson returns
CAR: Sam Darnold returns
NYG: Daniel Jones returns
SEA: Geno Smith returns

If Jimmy Garoppolo signs elsewhere, who are you brining in that you feel can lead you on a playoff run in the event that Zach does not successfully reset over the offseason? I'm definitely not a believer in Mike White as a franchise QB, but I absolutely believe he's a Nick Foles-type player who can play well within the system in the event that everything around him is perfect (specifically the OL). I may rather that then Ryan Tannehill/Andy Dalton/Gardner Minshew TBH. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, football guy said:

There’s no doubt that White is somewhat compromised by his ribs, but what we saw last week was more than his ribs. He has seen a steady decline in play, and it wouldn’t surprise me if the Jets — knowing the season is done — do not want to risk further damage (both injury and play). 

Despite what happened last week, they’ve seen what they wanted to see and they know who he is. They want him back to compete for the job next year. Nothing that would happen this weekend would change that, so no reason to feed him to the wolves

Mike white is garbage 

he was GARBAGE in August, and he was GARBAGE against every NFL roster with a pulse

0-3 0 TDs 5 picks 60 rating 55% completes ????

Just now, drsamuel84 said:

I wonder if there is any chance that quietly in the background Zach and his agent have asked out of NY and with the Jets likely to grant that request they don't want to risk him getting hurt.  Random tin foil thought of the day

It seems as if wilson has checked out, and the jets are ok with this.  Saleh and MLF are happy not to play him and douglas will have to work his trade magic again.  At this point the best thing they can do is lose this game which would probably ensure a top 10 pick, just draft a LT and sign a veteran qb, trade wilson and move on.  

And fire MLF

That is great. Could you imagine that. Last game of a great career and he is like um, nah I am retiring. Dock my game check please.
Would love it.
Start Zach.
Honestly, I can imagine what might be going on in Flacco mind... he has one more game, clear out the locker and call it a career... let's say he breaks an ankle or tears up a knee... now he has to spend months rehabbing just to get back to a normal life...I think he's a professional and will play, but I wouldn't blame him if he said no thx

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

That is great. Could you imagine that. Last game of a great career and he is like um, nah I am retiring. Dock my game check please.

Would love it.

Start Zach.

Max, You KNOW what's going to happen; Sunday the Jets will probably beat the Dolphins thus dropping them from six slots 10 to 16 and the player that the team that benefits from this will wind up picking a future Hall of Fame player and the Jets get Quinton Coples or Vernon Gholston

LOL

At this point, I hope Woody DOES get involved this offseason.

Between this bullsh*t, talk of bringing in some scrub like Dalton or Brissett to compete with White and Zach, this coaching staff filled to the brim with moronic dipsh*ts…

I hope Woody has finally had enough and throws the bank at Payton/Harbaugh offering full control and we’re staring at Brady or Carr behind center Week 1.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Honestly, if they cannot put Zach Wilson out there in this spot, they should just cut him this afternoon.

I said the same thing yesterday. This whole thing with Wilson has gone from comical to infuriating.

I can’t imagine what the other 50 guys in the locker room think about him right now. Their bodies are battered, but they’re getting ready to play a meaningless game the final week of the season.
Meanwhile, this kid is prancing around the locker room in a hoodie.

Imagine how pissed they are watching Wilson getting pampered by this CS like he’s @playtowinthegame in a nail salon?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Honestly, if they cannot put Zach Wilson out there in this spot, they should just cut him this afternoon.

Totally agree. We have nothing to gain. Why risk further injury to Mike White ?  Starting Zack should be a no brainer with Flacco as the backup. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

Mike white is garbage 

he was GARBAGE in August, and he was GARBAGE against every NFL roster with a pulse

0-3 0 TDs 5 picks 60 rating 55% completes ????

I don't think he's a franchise QB, but I also don't think he's garbage. I think he's a Nick Foles-type player who can play within a system and execute granted the OL is protecting very well, the ball is coming out fast, and the playmakers are making plays after the catch. I know that seems simple but not every QB is wired to be a "joystick" for the play-caller.

If you put Mike White in SF I think he'd be doing a lot of the same things Purdy is doing. The problem here is that all our QBs are having these dramatic breakdowns in footwork for a variety of reasons. I personally think a lot of it has to do with coaching and the offensive line play

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

LOL

At this point, I hope Woody DOES get involved this offseason.

Between this bullsh*t, talk of bringing in some scrub like Dalton or Brissett to compete with White and Zach, this coaching staff filled to the brim with moronic dipsh*ts…

I hope Woody has finally had enough and throws the bank at Payton/Harbaugh offering full control and we’re staring at Brady or Carr behind center Week 1.

Please.

Devil, meet soul. 

loop laugh GIF

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

I’m not wasting 3 hours watching Flacco in a trash-time game where Saleh had made clear he won’t play the younger players.

Guess I’ll watch the DC ‘Ders rookie QB get his first career start. At least that might be interesting.

My evil plan would be to have LeFleur script as many one read pass plays as is possible.  Make Wilson look good.  Up the trade value.  And, unload him for anything they can get, even if the best offer is a book of coupons from a fast food chain.  Wilson was an awful draft pick and is clearly untrainable.  

Unfortunately, I don't believe that will happen.

IMHO... JD will never take any actions that suggest he knows the Wilson and Becton draft picks were monumental mistakes on his part.  Nether will be unloaded until their rookie contract is over.

Oh, no...  I did it again.  I was critical of JD.

I must run and hide.  He will break me like pretzel. 

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I think this is the best choice. He can easily sack/fumble the game away but still put enough balls in Garrett Wilsons hands to help him retake the OROY lead. Kenneth Walker III is the vegas favorite now - just overtook him this week.

Wilson went 18 for 214 and 2 TDs on 37 targets in Flacco's starts at the beginning of the season.

With how much attention the organization has paid to the "rookie of the week" awards this year, you know Wilson's shot at OROY is on the organization's mind.

Likewise, Saleh, MLF and JD would love to say..."sure we whiffed on Zach, but we did draft the Offensive and Defensive Rookies of the Year."

No doubt Flacco is aware and frankly I'm not sure he would care very much about winning, but I could see him wanting to feed Wilson all game.

I've already got nice future bets on Walker and Wilson to win OROY - but I will also be betting Wilson props over this week if Flacco starts.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, football guy said:

There’s no doubt that White is somewhat compromised by his ribs, but what we saw last week was more than his ribs. He has seen a steady decline in play, and it wouldn’t surprise me if the Jets — knowing the season is done — do not want to risk further damage (both injury and play). 

Despite what happened last week, they’ve seen what they wanted to see and they know who he is. They want him back to compete for the job next year. Nothing that would happen this weekend would change that, so no reason to feed him to the wolves

if that's the case, then why start Flacco? start Streveler or something....we know Flacco has no interest.

• Ugh 1