Mekhi Becton looking good

LSJF

21 minutes ago, LSJF said:

Can this guy revive his career?

Can he?  Yes, it's absolutely possible.

Will he?  Unfortunately, like Zach Wilson, it's very long odds at this point.

Better odds than Zach, mind you.  But still unlikely.

We can just hope for the best if JD retains him, which it seems he will.

• Upvote 4

Reporters commented on the considerable amount of weight he's lost since the summer, he came off as mature in talking to the media, and he's staying in the area to train and be around the facility....

Like I said before....I remain hopeful but I still find another starting caliber tackle and make Becton earn a starting job in camp....

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, LSJF said:

Call me an optimist, but it's a big year for this dude, he is coming across mature, dedicated and likeable...Can this guy revive his career?

He's sticking around NJ during the offseason , already has lost weight... I'm the first one to call him a bust, i'm willing to eat my previous words...

I think we can use some help on the OL ..AVT comes back,  two solid pieces... 

Mekhi Becton

He looks good again?  So he is not playing next year I guess 

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, LSJF said:

Call me an optimist, but it's a big year for this dude, he is coming across mature, dedicated and likeable...Can this guy revive his career?

He's sticking around NJ during the offseason , already has lost weight... I'm the first one to call him a bust, i'm willing to eat my previous words...

Mekhi Becton

OOF be careful dude.  Not allowed to be positive or hopeful when it involves Becton.  

NOTHING TO SEE HERE PEOPLE

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Can he?  Yes, it's absolutely possible.

Will he?  Unfortunately, like Zach Wilson, it's very long odds at this point.

Better odds than Zach, mind you.  But still unlikely.

We can just hope for the best if JD retains him, which it seems he will.

You could be right but I will disagree, I think the odds are better than you are giving.  I mean who do we have there now??  As long as he can stay healthy, a big if, he is better than what we have right now, that is for sure.   Lets see if he can actually stay healthy this year, it is not like it is preordained he has got to get injured.  I am sure we will probably draft an OT and perhaps sign one in FA.  I still think Becton can be a contibuting factor to this OL and it is up to the OL coach to do his job and coach the OL up as a unit. 

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, LSJF said:

Mekhi Becton

I can not wait to get excited for this kid again. The Big Ticket, big bust etc. Injuries kill this kid but it would be nice for him to get on the field all season next year. I have to think his chances are slim. If he does get hurt it would be great!

• WTF? 3

Just now, JetBlue said:

You could be right but I will disagree, I think the odds are better than you are giving.  I mean who do we have there now??  As long as he can stay healthy, a big if, he is better than what we have right now, that is for sure.   Lets see if he can actually stay healthy this year, it is not like it is preordained he has got to get injured.  I am sure we will probably draft an OT and perhaps sign one in FA.  I still think Becton can be a contibuting factor to this OL and it is up to the OL coach to do his job and coach the OL up as a unit. 

if he plays he sure can contriubte. But damn this guys has had no luck with health. He looked in shape last year. He is just so massive

• More Ugh 1

Just now, BornJetsFan1983 said:

if he plays he sure can contriubte. But damn this guys has had no luck with health. He looked in shape last year. He is just so massive

Well it was stated he was in better shape.  Lets just see what happens; there have been players plagued with injuries in their early careers who did go on to play the rest of their career relatively injury free.   It is not written in the stars that he will get hurt again.   

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I can not wait to get excited for this kid again. The Big Ticket, big bust etc. Injuries kill this kid but it would be nice for him to get on the field all season next year. I have to think his chances are slim. If he does get hurt it would be great!

It would be great if he gets hurt? Hopefully that is a typo

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Reporters commented on the considerable amount of weight he's lost since the summer, he came off as mature in talking to the media, and he's staying in the area to train and be around the facility....

Like I said before....I remain hopeful but I still find another starting caliber tackle and make Becton earn a starting job in camp....

There is no upside in Becton failing. Just like Zac, let's hope he does the work and comes back in shape. For the brief time he was healthy, he was a major asset. Let's not be Jets fans and instead hope for the best.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Why a year. If he can mature and stay healthy he has the capability to be a monster at LT. To me he sounded like he finally woke up and came across as way more mature and motivated. Maybe his son made him re-assess things.

A year, because he will be a FA after the season. The Jets aren't going to pick up his 5th year option, because of the injury concerns, so he has this year to prove he can stay healthy and earn a new deal from the Jets. I hope he does.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Well it was stated he was in better shape.  Lets just see what happens; there have been players plagued with injuries in their early careers who did go on to play the rest of their career relatively injury free.   It is not written in the stars that he will get hurt again.   

Also, wasn't he injury-free in college? Hopefully the last two years were just bad luck, and he stays healthy going forward.

Let's stop rooting against this team. It doesn't help us if he busts, but it certainly helps us if he comes back healthy, and stays healthy.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1