Joe Flacco 1 on 1 with Bob Wischusen “We’ve got the coaches and scheme to win”

34 minutes ago, talonmm said:

Of any player currently on the team, the last person I want to hear from is Joe Flacco. 

He threw more temper tantrums and eyerolls than Garrett Wilson yesterday.  It was honestly sad.  He just looked frustrated and disinterested.

Flacco should move along and the Jets should upgrade the "veteran placeholder" on the depth chart with someone who can actually play like Carr or Garapolo.  Either of those would make better use of the talent we now have on offense than Flacco.  That would give the Jets optionality to try to repair/salvage Zach Wilson in an offseason program and maintain Mike White as a guy who, when healthy and not playing with cracked ribs, looked pretty good and almost beat both Buffalo and Minnesota in December.

• Upvote 2

What is he going to say: yeah our offensive scheme sucked! It relied too much on having that perfect QB for the system and it also relied on having O Lineman having played a ton of games together to the point that if 1 or 2 lineman went down the whole soup would spoil and that’s basically what happened so yeah the system is great when every single piece is in place but if 1 piece is off the whole system fails. So yeah it sucks!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nixhead said:

What is he going to say: yeah our offensive scheme sucked! It relied too much on having that perfect QB for the system and it also relied on having O Lineman having played a ton of games together to the point that if 1 or 2 lineman went down the whole soup would spoil and that’s basically what happened so yeah the system is great when every single piece is in place but if 1 piece is off the whole system fails. So yeah it sucks!

"I had to keep throwing it one guy the whole game. Sometimes I had to throw it too soon, before I got my head stoved in."

During the season there was a story out that Flacco’s kids called him a loser because he was on the Jets. And yesterday even though he was starting for the Jets one of his three sons who attended the game wore a Fins jersey Tyreek Hill to be exact. The other two sons wore Jets jerseys but not one of their dad. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Joe said the truth.  Teams that win late in the year play D, run the ball and gain field position with their special teams.  The Jets failed in 2 of the 3 areas badly.  

Flacco actually played okay on Sunday.  The inability to run the ball killed this team.  The hot mess in the middle of the OL has killed the team.  

• Post of the Week 2

21 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Joe said the truth.  Teams that win late in the year play D, run the ball and gain field position with their special teams.  The Jets failed in 2 of the 3 areas badly.  

Flacco actually played okay on Sunday.  The inability to run the ball killed this team.  The hot mess in the middle of the OL has killed the team.  

... not to beat a dead horse .... but immediate pressure up the middle destroyed our QBs this year too. It led to Zach fleeing for his life, 5 broken Mike White Ribs, Streveler being streveler ... Joe was smart Sunday ... he threw to his first reads immediately or chucked the ball out of bounds. 

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 1

I'll take it with a grain of salt. Too much learning on the job still in front of us to reach this conclusion. Next year is make or break for MiLF. The O has to produce, or he could even be let go during the season - with an in-house vet coach already in place to replace him. Saleh needs some work on his in-game management and understanding of the O. I'd like to see him take the reigns more when the O is crapping the bed. Also, he should sit down and watch the Ravens games for the past three years to get a better understanding of clock management and end of game strategy. 

19 hours ago, Nixhead said:

"Bob, this football stuff is all fine and good. But I'm heading out to the links down here in Florida, so gotta go".