What the plan is/What will actually happen

Aaron Rodgers @ age 40 and @60mil is a joke. He’s gonna use the Jets like a cheap wh*re and laugh all the way to the bank along with the Packers. He’s not winning a SB here or even get close to it. He’s washed up. So washed up, even this trash Jets team bitchslapped him. He is not emulating any of his seasons. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Arod  is not coming here-we are literally trying the same failed plan the broncos tried last year and we saw how that worked out

this is such a jet move

when arod stays in greenbay which he will we will be left with a trash offense

this will be the final year for Joe and Saleh

5 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

Aaron Rodgers @ age 40 and @60mil is a joke. He’s gonna use the Jets like a cheap wh*re and laugh all the way to the bank along with the Packers. He’s not winning a SB here or even get close to it. He’s washed up. So washed up, even this trash Jets team bitchslapped him. He is not emulating any of his seasons. 

he wont be coming here so dont worry

10 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The Plan:

Sign Aaron Rodgers to play for the next 2 years.  Rack up enough wins to get Woody to extend Saleh and Douglas.  Have Rodgers and Hackett mentoring and bring along Zach.  After 2 years, exercise Zach’s 5th year option.  Zach starts in 3 years, shows that he has matured and is the franchise qb we have been looking for.  Sign zach to a long term deal and be a perrenial playoff team and Super Bowl contender for the next 10 years.

What will happen:

Jets will start off 4-0.  Rodgers suffers a major injury in week 5 and is out for the year.  Zach comes in, stinks and we finish the season 5-12.  Saleh and Douglas get canned and Rodgers retires.

Search your feelings jet fans.  You know this to be true.

no freaking lies detected.

But here's what will really happen: Aaron will play through the injury like Favre and tank the season.

5 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I think the Jets already have an idea. I’m sure JD has already spoken to Green Bay to see if a deal is realistic and possible. I also think they hired Hackett regardless of if they trade for Rodgers. My gut tells me they do eventually land Rodgers. We will see.

did joe watch the broncos last year or was he sleeping during their games

Arod is NEVER  coming here-he is staying in Green Bay-I cant believe people are buying into Arod to the Jets after what happened with Denver  last year. Green Bay is paying him big money and the team got better and Arod got used to his young wrs

4 minutes ago, kmnj said:

did joe watch the broncos last year or was he sleeping during their games

Arod is NEVER  coming here-he is staying in Green Bay-I cant believe people are buying into Arod to the Jets after what happened with Denver  last year. Green Bay is paying him big money and the team got better and Arod got used to his young wrs

Hackett is a good OC, look at his track record. Also Aaron Rodgers loves him. Doesn’t mean Rodgers is coming but you are dead wrong to judge Hackett by his HC performance. See Josh McDaniels!

The Plan:

Sign Aaron Rodgers to play for the next 2 years.  Rack up enough wins to get Woody to extend Saleh and Douglas.  Have Rodgers and Hackett mentoring and bring along Zach.  After 2 years, exercise Zach’s 5th year option.  Zach starts in 3 years, shows that he has matured and is the franchise qb we have been looking for.  Sign zach to a long term deal and be a perrenial playoff team and Super Bowl contender for the next 10 years.

What will happen:

Jets will start off 4-0.  Rodgers suffers a major injury in week 5 and is out for the year.  Zach comes in, stinks and we finish the season 5-12.  Saleh and Douglas get canned and Rodgers retires.

Not much different than starting out 7-4 and having your not so good young QB completely forget how to play QB and than looking to your more than capable back-up to save the season only to discover he is made of glass.  

8 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Hackett is a good OC, look at his track record. Also Aaron Rodgers loves him. Doesn’t mean Rodgers is coming but you are dead wrong to judge Hackett by his HC performance. See Josh McDaniels!

Brady made the Pats offense not Josh -without Brady Josh has been trash-Hacketts track record as a player caller is terrible-he didnt call plays for the packers.

Under Hackett, the Broncos averaged only 15.5 points per game, their lowest total since 1966.  

In six seasons as a playcaller, only once did he have a top-10 offense -- the 2017 Jaguars

The Plan:

What will happen:

The plan.  Win more games.  The result.  The Jets... 

42 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

This hit it on the head.

The Packers and Rodgers have Woody’s number.

JD and Saleh have a long-term plan, but they blew it with the Wilson pick and MFL staff.   Chris signed on to that. 

Now Woody is back and he will go for instant gratification.  A lot of the fans support that, and honestly it is understandable given the history here.  

Woody should also remember though the disdain most on this board have for Rex Ryan and Mike T.  They almost made the Super Bowl two years in a row.  People remember the collapse and dysfunction. 

JD and Saleh will get a mini-extension after a decent year of ARod, but then when it unravels, with the Jets having no cap space or draft picks, they will get fired with severance, replaced with a new staff and new QB draft pick, and the cycle of dysfunction will start all over again.  

• Upvote 1

honestly I think everyone has got it wrong with the Hackett/Rogers connection. I believe there is a 3 way trade brewing. Denver will be sending Russ over to us with some draft picks to take on his salary. Rogers is going to Denver. We get the duo of Russ and Hackett and let Russ cook. Hopefully he knows how to make a pizza!

The Plan:

What will happen:

Hahaha LOL. But seriously. 

1. I don't think 'the plan' makes that many assumptions. IMO the plan is this- bring in the best possible QB and OC so we can get into the playoffs and compete for a SB in 2023. That's pretty much it. Yes, obviously Douglas is looking ahead into 2024 and beyond but I don't think he's making any plans or assumptions that Zach will be starting any time soon or anything like that. Is he hoping his new OC and vet QB spark something in Zach and turn him into a star Franchise QB- of course! But its nowhere near his 'plan'. 

2. While it WOULD be very Jetsy for us to start off hot with a legit QB and take nose dive due to some brutal injury- leading to total collapse and a complete rebuild, I just don't see that happening. You can never know what will happen with injuries. However, correct me if am wrong, but Rodgers was pretty much healthy the last 5 seasons he played. He missed 10 games in 2017 due to injury. He missed 7 games in 2013 due to injury. The other 8 seasons he was healthy. So in 13 of the 15 years as a starter he was healthy enough to play. I would argue that makes him pretty darn durable, even as a 39yr old. 

IMO- the plan is, like I said, to bring in the best possible QB and OC so we can get into the playoffs and compete for a SB in 2023. I think JD also plans to patch up the O-line without fully rebuilding it and to bring back as much of the defense as he can with the available cap room. 

What WILL happen is we probably won't be able to get A-rod because the price will be too steep and JD will (wisely) not want give up that kind of draft capital (Rodgers will end up staying in GB). Instead we will end up with a substantial upgrade at QB (TBD) but not Rodgers. I really think Carr is a possibility (but even Jimmy G or Jacoby Brissett- yes even Jacoby Brissett is a substantial upgrade!). According to plan, JD WILL retain most of the key defensive FAs- mainly Huff and Quincy (and he will pay QW). And according to plan, JD WILL patch up the O-line. Probably by a combination of re-signing a lineman, signing a lineman in FA and drafting one early. 

I don't know what will happen with injuries. I don't know if we will be good enough to compete for a SB. But I DO think this will be a playoff caliber team next year. A considerably better team than this year, if only because of the upgrade at QB.    

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

I think the Jets already have an idea. I’m sure JD has already spoken to Green Bay to see if a deal is realistic and possible. I also think they hired Hackett regardless of if they trade for Rodgers. My gut tells me they do eventually land Rodgers. We will see.

Seriously, people thinking the Jets went out and hired Hackett on a whim, hoping that maybe, potentially, we could somehow land Rodgers in a trade are delusional. Either JD already has something in place for Rodgers or the Jets like Hackett anyway or both things are true- because both can be true at the same time (lmfao). 

Al I can say is that I like that JD is making moves early and being decisive. It shows that he is committed to improving the QB position dramatically and not sitting on his hands until all the FAs/options dwindle. Often times patience is key, but sometimes you have to be aggressive.  

9 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

Derek Carr and draft Hendon Hooker in 2nd round. I would be extremely happy with that. 

Dream scenario. 

Also love Haener the more I watch him. And he's the type of guy you could probably wait until Rd. 4 or 5 to snag, allowing you to address another critical position of need in the early rounds. 

28 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

Derek Carr and draft Hendon Hooker in 2nd round. I would be extremely happy with that. 

24 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I like it , you may even be able to trade down for Hooker or take him in the 3rd since he will likely miss most of 2023 rehabbing.

I’d love to see Carr come to the Jets, but Hooker is already 25 and he’s injured. I’ll pass on that.

Like it or not, as long as Zach is on the roster, he’s the guy they’re “developing”.

12 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The Plan:

What will happen:

Thats SOJ mentality. Its a disease.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Al I can say is that I like that JD is making moves early and being decisive. It shows that he is committed to improving the QB position dramatically and not sitting on his hands until all the FAs/options dwindle. Often times patience is key, but sometimes you have to be aggressive.  

What moves are you talking about?

He hasn’t done anything yet other than dump the offensive CS, and bring in two new guys nobody is excited about.

We have no idea how the QB thing is going to play out. For all we know we could go into next year with a combo of Tannehill and Wilson.

12 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

What moves are you talking about?

He hasn’t done anything yet other than dump the offensive CS, and bring in two new guys nobody is excited about.

We have no idea how the QB thing is going to play out. For all we know we could go into next year with a combo of Tannehill and Wilson.

Correct. I was not nec. talking about players. Obviously. You cannot sign FAs yet. 

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

I think you're correct. The Rodgers narrative running around is great fodder, but I can't imagine them putting all their eggs in that single basket.

Hackett was someone they identified very early on as a senior-level "consultant/advisor" who could work closely with QBs and improve communication/enthusiasm with our players and staff. His presence alone will turn around the culture and "vibe"- MLF was isolated and introverted whereas Hackett is inclusive and extroverted. That doesn't necessarily make Hackett an upgrade because I think MLF is a superior offensive mind, game planner, and play designer; just think Hackett is more experienced, a better communicator, a better cultural fit, etc. Then there's the Aaron Rodgers elephant in the room... if you have 2 or 3 candidates you're comfortable with, but know Hackett could help lure Rodgers even the slightest bit, the decision is pretty much made for the organization. 

Then have to look at it from Hackett's point of view. He didn't know whether Aaron was going to join him in Denver last year, but clearly the Broncos had a Plan A-B when they hired him. They executed the Russell Wilson trade on the same day Rodgers and Packers came to an agreement, but what often doesn't get discussed is that they weren't trading Russ anywhere but Denver. If Denver acquired Rodgers, Russ was not getting moved. They working on a potential deal at the Senior Bowl and came to terms on compensation soon after the combine concluded... it's not like Hackett didn't know it wasn't a potential outcome. So this situation is kind of similar to his situations in GB and DEN... he's going to be apart of the process in effort to land a veteran QB (as he did in DEN), while also overseeing the development of our young talent (as he did in GB with Jordan Love). Prior to his hire, I wouldn't have been shocked if you told me it was a Zach Wilson, Mike White, Ryan Tannehill trio next year. But given all that Hackett has on the line, I have to think he knows that the top 2 or 3 options will involve QBs he knows he can win now with. 

6 minutes ago, football guy said:

Hackett was someone they identified very early on as a senior-level "consultant/advisor" who could work closely with QBs and improve communication/enthusiasm with our players and staff. His presence alone will turn around the culture and "vibe"- MLF was isolated and introverted whereas Hackett is inclusive and extroverted. That doesn't necessarily make Hackett an upgrade because I think MLF is a superior offensive mind, game planner, and play designer; just think Hackett is more experienced, a better communicator, a better cultural fit, etc. Then there's the Aaron Rodgers elephant in the room... if you have 2 or 3 candidates you're comfortable with, but know Hackett could help lure Rodgers even the slightest bit, the decision is pretty much made for the organization. 

People seem to be glossing over the fact that there were some serious locker room issues with the players and LaFleur based largely on communication and leadership.  I suspect Hackett was hired in part simply because he's a bit of an "anti-LaFleur" in terms of his personality and his ability to build trust with the players.

1 minute ago, peekskill68 said:

People seem to be glossing over the fact that there were some serious locker room issues with the players and LaFleur based largely on communication and leadership.  I suspect Hackett was hired in part simply because he's a bit of an "anti-LaFleur" in terms of his personality and his ability to build trust with the players.

100%. That was a prerequisite with all the candidates they interviewed. 

In a perfect world they would have kept MLF and brought in a guy like Hackett to be the Senior Advisor/QBs (or de facto co-OC), but MLF did not feel wanted and it seemed like the whole thing was going to be manufactured. The team is being genuine that he had other opportunities and there was no reason to force him to stay given how toxic it had already become. 

• Upvote 1