We ****ed Up!

shrekman1

10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Did we?  Maybe.  But the book is not written yet.  Not going to write of a 23 year old kid who has tons of talent.  Let him sit behind Garropol/Tannehill and Minshew this year.  And then in 2024, he either competes for the starting spot or he is released/traded.

Jet fans need to rush to judgement all the time.  Fire Ulbrich, Fire Joe D, cut Zach etc etc etc.  Its getting old.  Relax and let it play out.

Exactly.  We can patiently wait for the total collapse and the enivetable moving on from Zach and everyone associated with him in 20024.

I think we need to see Hackett assessment before completely tossing zwilson.  I think the jets will bring in a vet and if it’s not a guy like Rodgers, they will compete in camp. Don’t be surprised if Zach has the better camp. Will that make him the starter? Maybe but it wouldn’t be the first time the guy who has the better camp sits.

• Ugh 1

53 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Did we?  Maybe.  But the book is not written yet.  Not going to write of a 23 year old kid who has tons of talent.  Let him sit behind Garropol/Tannehill and Minshew this year.  And then in 2024, he either competes for the starting spot or he is released/traded.

Jet fans need to rush to judgement all the time.  Fire Ulbrich, Fire Joe D, cut Zach etc etc etc.  Its getting old.  Relax and let it play out.

Joe, with all due respect, what can he learn from Jimmy g? What the inside of the blue medical tent looks like?

Or from tannehill for that matter? How to hand off to a bulldozer?

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

What is with the "we?"  I didn't pick Wilson nor did I play a role in developing him.  I still maintain that drafting a QB at 2 in 2021 was the right decision. And none of the QBs drafted after Lawrence look like franchise QBs that will get a second contract.  Lance, Fields, and Jones are not good either.  It may actually benefit the Jets that Wilson failed so quickly.  The other three will just take longer (one to two more years) to fail.  

2 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

What is with the "we?"  I didn't pick Wilson nor did I play a role in developing him.  I still maintain that drafting a QB at 2 in 2021 was the right decision. And none of the QBs drafted after Lawrence look like franchise QBs that will get a second contract.  Lance, Fields, and Jones are not good either.  It may actually benefit the Jets that Wilson failed so quickly.  The other three will just take longer (one to two more years) to fail.  

Eh. I view it a different way. 

None of the QBs drafted after Lawrence have developed yet. Both things can be true. They may not look like Franchise QBs and they simply may have not developed into Franchise QBs yet. Lawrence did not look like a Franchise QB as a rookie either. Its only in his second year that he emerged. I mean, all of these guys have been in the league two years. TWO. You want to see progress, you want to see them emerge as starters, even stars. But thats not always the case. Sometimes they have to sit and learn for one, two seasons min. Sometimes they will ne dup being busts, sometimes they will end up breaking out. 

The Jets may have, indeed 'f***ed up' with Zach....but admitting it right now by the Jet brass or coaching staff is non-sensical. JMHO.   

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

51 minutes ago, rangerous said:

I think we need to see Hackett assessment before completely tossing zwilson.  I think the jets will bring in a vet and if it’s not a guy like Rodgers, they will compete in camp. Don’t be surprised if Zach has the better camp. Will that make him the starter? Maybe but it wouldn’t be the first time the guy who has the better camp sits.

What the actual hell? Haha 

• Upvote 1

Hi. My name is GreenFish. Been a Jets fan for over 2 decades. And I’d like to admit that we ****ed up.
What’s the next step in the rehab process?
I think you're pretty much done. Your certificate is in the mail.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Joe, with all due respect, what can he learn from Jimmy g? What the inside of the blue medical tent looks like?

Or from tannehill for that matter? How to hand off to a bulldozer?

It has nothing to do with learning from a veteran.  He needs a year off.  This is mental, not something a vet qb can fix.  Let him get back to basics, work with the new coordinator and an evaluation will be made on him going into 2024.

Come on guys............................

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

Hi. My name is GreenFish. Been a Jets fan for over 2 decades. And I’d like to admit that we ****ed up.

What’s the next step in the rehab process?

Whats next? the QB room.  QB1 Carr , QB2 White. (Rogers staying in Green Bay) Now if Carr is no longer interested consider Mayfield. Yes Mayfield!  He won't break the bank, has a very good arm, accurate, has grown up, has moxie, We keep our picks, cash, and our able to sign our FA plus sign more. We have a top 5 defense, great young players at the skill positions that are only going to get better. We can spend money on the offence line. Thats what's next. Plus, we received a case of beer for Wilson.

One of the strangest seasons, and I've seen quite a few.  We weren't supposed to be good.  Then the bizarre browns game.  Rare road win in Pitt and Den and Lambeau.  Pull away vs Fins.  Kid seemed to rally the team and looked okay.  Bad numbers, but Ws.  Then it was all about the losing streak to NE and I think it effed his head beyond repair, much like Darnold.  Then he lost the locker room and the stadium turned on him too.  The only way to redeem himself would be to play a full season of winning football and make the playoffs convincingly.  That is a lot of pressure and the slightest misstep could blow it all up.  I don't think I want to watch another season with a time bomb at QB.  Especially if his team doesn't really believe in him or even like him for that matter.  I also don't want to see him bummed out on the sidelines every game either.  I think he needs to be traded.  Bring in a vet and draft another college kid.  The last QB to come out of college with any kind of obvious polish was Andrew Luck.  It just doesn't happen that often.  Get a big kid from a tough division I guess.....

1 minute ago, shrekman1 said:

Whats next? the QB room.  QB1 Carr , QB2 White. (Rogers staying in Green Bay) Now if Carr is no longer interested consider Mayfield. Yes Mayfield!  He won't break the bank, has a very good arm, accurate, has grown up, has moxie, We keep our picks, cash, and our able to sign our FA plus sign more. We have a top 5 defense, great young players at the skill positions that are only going to get better. We can spend money on the offence line. Thats what's next. Plus, we received a case of beer for Wilson.

You are on the right path as there is 0 chance Carr and Rodgers are here.  I think it will be either Garropolo/Tannehill + Minshew but if for some reason that falls through, I could see Baker + Minshew.

59 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

What the actual hell? Haha 

yes. i think the whole milfy aspect hasn't been thoroughly examined.  we know that saleh is a defensive guy and seems to have put the offense in milfy's hands.  and then there are stories that seem to indicate that the offense was changed for mfw.  add that to players being put in the dog house after showing some good promise their previous years and we can say milfy was the one of the main causes of the bad offense.  and the defense and specials shouldn't be let off the hook.  granted they improved by points allowed and so on but they also didn't force many turnovers and the specials allowed two punts returned for scores.  whatever you may want to say about zach, just getting to 7 wins was a team effort.