Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Beningo wants Rodgers but sounds like an idiot with his Lamar take.

Haven’t sniffed a franchise QB in 50 years.

2 1st round picks is nothing to acquire an MVP caliber QB in his prime.

If his physical checks out, pony up.  50M per gtd for 3y will look cheap very soon when Burrow and Herbert get theirs.  Add some void years on the back end to spread out the cap hit.

I mean look at it this way:  after coughing up 2 first round picks, it’s not as if the Jets would cut Lamar at any point regardless.  So he’s going to get his money.

Just don’t offer him a no-trade clause.  Retain that leverage in case things go sideways.

I like Joe but he isn’t exactly rational.  The first week he was saying Flacco is a statue who needs to pack it in then after the Browns comeback he said “Here’s the bottom line Joe Flacco is the starter from this point in that’s it” ? 

Well, well, well, we topped a hundred pages for Aaron Rodgers. Now, this thread or the new one when or IF(...big "if" there) he ever really does sign-or not, should end up topping the server-smashing days after the Brett Favre signing back 15 years ago. I spent over an hour the other day scrolling backwards trying to find the Favre signing thread- to no avail 

Just now, SoFlaJets said:

Well, well, well, we topped a hundred pages for Aaron Rodgers. Now, this thread or the new one when or IF(...big "if" there) he ever really does sign-or not, should end up topping the server-smashing days after the Brett Favre signing back 15 years ago. I spent over an hour the other day scrolling backwards trying to find the Favre signing thread- to no avail 

Similar to Rodgers, we'll be trying our hardest to forget it ever happened. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sciond said:

The smells like  another Woody sh*t show

What does?  Trying to acquire, at worst one of the top 7-8 QBs for 2023 and future first ballot HofF? 

The ‘ol anyone but ZW at QB continues to have caveats. Endless caveats 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

OK.. Got it.  History greatly disproves your 3rd sentence. I mean... it's 100% wrong as of now. I guess you think age equalizes the injury risk?  I don't agree at all and statsI'm positive would say you are way off.

Yes Jimmy G gets injured like a 40 year old QB 

Rodgers is a 40 year old QB 

Favre, Vinny T, getting hurt is what they do 

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

You think Rodgers will last more than a year ? I am hoping for two.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

so now you change your thing , before it as Rodgers will never come here and Woody will never pay for it

now when reality about to hit you in the face you say Rodgers will gut hurt

troll much? 

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, fusionCA said:

so now you change your thing , before it as Rodgers will never come here and Woody will never pay for it

now when reality about to hit you in the face you say Rodgers will gut hurt

troll much? 

Not everyone is going to like the deal ... I am psyched as hell to get this guy ... but i understand the counterpoint.  

Just now, sciond said:

all the bad hires is a great start....

Gase is an example

ha ...

... all the bad hires ... 

--- Sounds like an album/song title.   All the young Dudes,  All Your Base Belong to Us. All the bad hires belong to us....