Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

2 minutes ago, Jetluv58 said:

As a Branch Covidian, I can pardon his vaccine ignorance, but he lied about his status which reveals  his flimsy character, something you needle cowards are fine with, evidently. 

That's an absurd characterization and I hope you realize that.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

OMG... You know that if they announced a trade today it still isn't official right??... How hard is it to understand that they have an agreement... They haven't announced it yet and they don't need to announce it... Doesn't mean that once it comes out in the media it's automatically official 

Um well if the deal is announced by the Jets it’s official for all intents and purposes.   You and one other poster are the only people on the planet that see advantage to keeping an official announcement in wraps.  IMO 

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

What kind of bothers me is how many people object to Rodgers because of supposed personality traits. Honestly I’ve  never listened to him or followed him in Green Bay. But I hear all of things about how arrogant he is and all. Frankly I think I’d want my qb to e arrogant. He needs to be tough and think he can make all of those throws. As for all of the stories about his dark room or magic mushrooms, so what.  Back in the old days players would be on the field flat out drunk. Namath used to play hung over. Max McGee had his Super Bowl game hung over because he was second or third string and didn’t think he was going to play.  And think sauce isn’t arrogant? All the top players are because they have to beat the guys they’re lined up against every game.

Obviously some players come off as nice guys but that doesn’t mean they’re not burning inside with some fire. It’s the nature of the game.

Good points. You definitely want your qb to be tough. Playing with a broken thumb all yr, rodgers never complained. Mike white went to 8 different doctors who trying to find 1 who would say he could play with multiple broken ribs..

I think that is Zach’s biggest issue. NFL pass rush is not like college,  has monsters rushing the qb and we have seen Zach get the jitters easily, dive down or run 20 yards backwards when rush came. I think that is what has caused his new bad habits, accuracy issues he really didn’t have in college. If he broke his thumb I feel like his mommy would run on the field and yell at the OL for allowing her baby to get hurt. 

• More Ugh 1

I think the real reason it's not announced yet is because the Jets and Packers are still trying to come to an agreement which draft pick(s) and player(s) will be involved in this trade centered around Aaron Rodgers. Until the Packers and Jets agree to something, you aren't hearing shinola. It's a game a chicken between the Jets and Packers as free agency draws near. Hold onto pick number 13, smokin Joe Douglas! 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

None of this stuff is an accident or coincidence.  I feel more confident after that Marshall interview than I have all week.  Rodgers seems to pride himself on keeping the Schefters and Rapports of the world in the dark but this was his way of telling us Jets fans to relax.

It's making Pat McAfee must see tv

• Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Unfortunately, our cheerleaders weren't appealing anyway. No need to scrape the bottom of the stripper club barrel again. The kind of women where you grease the lens and use a soft focus. As opposed to say the Cowboys cheerleaders.

image.jpeg.fbb557d3a5848b4860fb6df8df1dfe04.jpeg  Our Team – Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders

Dang you must get some high level tail. Teach me, m’lord. 

• Haha 2

Good points. You definitely want your qb to be tough. Playing with a broken thumb all yr, rodgers never complained. Mike white went to 8 different doctors who trying to find 1 who would say he could play with multiple broken ribs..

I think that is Zach’s biggest issue. NFL pass rush is not like college,  has monsters rushing the qb and we have seen Zach get the jitters easily, dive down or run 20 yards backwards when rush came. I think that is what has caused his new bad habits, accuracy issues he really didn’t have in college. If he broke his thumb I feel like his mommy would run on the field and yell at the OL for allowing her baby to get hurt. 
Wow ... I was completely agreeing with your post until it turned into to the typical Zach bashathon.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I'm still not seeing the advantage. What is it they gain again, while also allowing the potential for a better team to have a change of heart & swoop in and blow GB away with a better offer.

You don't eff around with this -- seal the deal & then there's nothing in question, asking FAs (some of whom won't sign with the team) to be in on a secret that's being kept from the league?

I think Rogers not being settled also holds up the market to the Jets advantage, that is the take away I came away with from the original post.

I think there could be some truth to it, but I think the bigger part of the hold up is the timing of Rogers current contract, when certain money that would pay out to him and what it means for the Jets as part of the trade.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

No it's not... 

it would be official without being OFFICIAL.

lets say nothing is done for 2 weeks. Jimmy G and other QBs sign somewhere else. now you , me and every Jet fan would think its a done deal because we didnt even try to sign another QB. but then Rodgers backs out for whatever reason. then what? Rodgers will say i didnt agree to anything you must have misunderstood me. and only him and a few other people will know the real truth. 

now if Rodgers comes out and tells everyone he has agreed to a trade to the Jets then yes he could still back out but he would look like the biggest scumbag in history. he is more inclined to honor the deal that way then some closed door agreement that 5 people maybe know for sure what happened. the media would kill him, his rep would be forever tarnished. his word for the rest of his life would mean nothing.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Nothing really new here but it shows that Brandon Marshall really does have access and it's a fun way to distract yourself from mashing the F5 button.

Rodgers is coming to NY...

Just be patient....he wants to announce it on his time.....not on the schefter's and rappoport's of the world's time. 

I believe the Jets and Packers have a deal in place and will operate the start of the league year with the parameters of the deal in place even if Rodgers isn't ready to go public yet

IDK why some of you do this to yourselves...you sit on the edge of your seats waiting for news to drop as if we have a game next Sunday. In the words of our soon to be starting QB: R E L A X......RELAX! The picture will be clear in due time 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Nothing better then the “you’re” police coming out.  Why is that the word everyone jumps on to correct someone?

We all know the difference btwn your and you’re.

How come no one ever corrects cant?  The “you’re” police is such a strange thing.

Everyone has their little quirks, you of all people should be cognizant of that. Thank you Joe Douglas, thank you! 

• Haha 1