Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

7 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

We should have just signed Carr,  what a stupid mismanaged joke of a franchise 

I can't decide who I hate more people who continue to pretend Derek Carr was a hot free agent and basically Joe Montana or Jets fans who pretended Zach Wilson throwing balls into the dirt for 2 years was awesome.

• Haha 2

Any self-respecting franchise would do this, set a deadline and move on.
In other words, I expect the Jets to keep waiting til Labor Day if that’s what they think it takes.
We agree on something... Maybe it's a sign.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, SR24 said:

I’ll still be pumped if we get him but it’s kinda ridiculous that we’re down to 12 hours before tampering and still don’t have an answer

As long as word is made public by 11:59:59 am…. before JD places his 1st call, we’re good!

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

Jets fans want the deal done NOW! And if it can't be done now, then everybody sucks. Rodgers sucks, Woody sucks, Douglas sucks...everybody sucks.

The issue is pending FA, that is the whole issue.  If a deal is not done before FA starts that hampers the jets from doing business.

Then you ask why did we have to wait until it caused us issues? 

• Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The issue is pending FA, that is the whole issue.  If a deal is not done before FA starts that hampers the jets from doing business.

Then you ask why did we have to wait until it caused us issues? 

Then it becomes different. At that point, it is a problem.

Right now, all it is doing is inconveniencing anxious Jets fans.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

How do you know it’s causing us issues?

Heck of a lot of speculation going on right now, covering for fanatic impatience.

If it’s gonna happen, it’ll happen when it happens. We don’t work in the Jets front office, maybe we can stop acting like we’re being somehow personally harmed just yet, lol.

The Jets have personally harmed the fans for 50 years and still we have a host of people never worried about a thing as if the guys that run the jets have got it all under control.

As for me in particular?  I don;t like the team to have to totally kiss an assholes ass right up to zero hour, because well no one has the balls to stand up to said player.

It will probably get done tomorrow morning and then we can throw rose petals at his feet for the next few months for agreeing to sacrifice himself to be a a jet.

Next year?  Same time, same place, same discussion pretty well guaranteed.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

37 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Why?  What makes it "ridiculous"?

Was there a Jets game today that he missed?

He’s maintained he doesn’t want to drag it out yet 11 hours before free agency starts we have no answers. Kinda ridiculous to do exactly what you say you’re not gonna do lol 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, thebuzzardman said:

Any remaining credibility ruined

1 hour ago, Tranquilo said:

Ew no

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Too bad he wasted his time watching the sh*t-ass Knicks instead of the baller kings of New York Brooklyn Nets

All the kids at my sons (large) high school in Hell’s Kitchen are into the Nets. It’s like Larry Johnson, Allen Houston and Latrell Sprewell never existed. And now that Kyrie, KD, (he has both Kyries and KDs sneakers) and the Beard are gone, all they have left is emptiness. 

My issue I have if we don’t hear before noon. Is that we operate like he’s coming here (when we actually don’t know). Don’t even talk to QBs really. Don’t have a starting QB to pitch to other FAs bc we’re still waiting. So guys don’t want to join us without knowing who our QB is. And we miss out on guys.

Guys can’t sign until Wednesday. But pretty much all FAs start verbally committing today and tomorrow. And it’s very rare (Anthony Barr) for a guy to flip his decision.

So yes if he lets us know before noon, at the end of the day we have the same pitch to FAs that we would’ve had he he announced Friday. But if he waits until anytime after noon. He really screwed us over on this.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

On 3/11/2023 at 5:14 PM, Long Island Leprechaun said:

I would argue exactly the opposite. If he was planning to retire, he would have done so. If the Packers were planning to retain him they wouldn't have let him talk to the Jets or stated he is not their first priority. In addition, it's simply not how the process works. So you pretty much got everything wrong. But please, carry on.

Wait a minute, you up voted your own thread?

Screenshot_20230313_051638.thumb.jpg.7bf636269a15700f07ec35a856b8ef21.jpg

40 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

My issue I have if we don’t hear before noon. Is that we operate like he’s coming here (when we actually don’t know). Don’t even talk to QBs really. Don’t have a starting QB to pitch to other FAs bc we’re still waiting. So guys don’t want to join us without knowing who our QB is. And we miss out on guys.

Guys can’t sign until Wednesday. But pretty much all FAs start verbally committing today and tomorrow. And it’s very rare (Anthony Barr) for a guy to flip his decision.

So yes if he lets us know before noon, at the end of the day we have the same pitch to FAs that we would’ve had he he announced Friday. But if he waits until anytime after noon. He really screwed us over on this.

This….all this!