Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

FWIW, Rodgers is close to Wingo and has already laughed at the idea of Schefter and Rap knowing anything about him.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he did his buddy a favor here.

I agree with this...  Rodgers may have leaked that feeling pressure...   He wouldn't tell anything to Shef and Rap.

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

For what its worth, nobody knows whats going on.  But I am going to trust my friend Mogglez and be happy.

It’s interesting wording. Definitively stating nothing’s happened, rather than saying that he hasn’t heard anything yet. But that could be true or that could be some defensive, face-saving posture. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, slats said:

It’s interesting wording. Definitively stating nothing’s happened, rather than saying that he hasn’t heard anything yet. But that could be true or that could be some defensive, face-saving posture. 

Exactly 

Also - it’s clear the players have been told he’s coming. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

Connor isn’t exactly a trustworthy source either.. this was all two days ago.

Truthfully, Connor's report makes way more sense than Pelissero's. You think the Jets and Packers were waiting on Rodgers before working out the framework of a trade, meaning they'll both be held hostage during FA for however long it takes to get the deal worked out?

It probably wasn't done-done, in the sense that the parameters also depended on what Rodgers was going to agree to in a restructure and he hadn't conveyed that yet, but you better believe the teams had it down to an if-->then structure around what the comp would be if Rodgers agreed to various things

Just now, TimeForLove said:

Wingo wouldn’t put it out there just to be first. Schefter and Rapaport have been behind the 8 ball this whole time. 

Yeah can't imagine he'd want to risk his reputation unless he had something tangible..   Also it has to be a done deal, why else would the Jets just ignore Jimmy G?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Zachtomims47 said:

Aright that was fun. Can Rodgers now come out and say it himself. Heh heh. Just to ya know, confirm it. 

Episode 17 Laughing GIF by The Simpsons

He can say he asked for a trade but can't announce he's going to the Jets because the teams have to inform the league offices of the trade.  

But then again, with social media these athletes say what ever they want.  lol