Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This is all going to end horribly. Dramatically and stupidly, but horribly. 1-2 years tops with this dude. 100% chance the papers eat him alive after witnessing all this.

This is my concern.  Not so much the media because I have no issue with Rodgers despising them.  The issue is the possibility of him leaving after one year and being back in the hunt for a QB in 12 months.

6 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I don't think he's quite the villain he's made out to be on PFT and some other sites, but the "immunized" thing was fairly dumb - plenty of players were open about their status and most people just shrugged.

I just genuinely don't really care at this point - he's not a criminal and he's the best quarterback we'll have had in my lifetime. 

Just win. Last season was the first season in a while we had a taste of "good football". I want more of that. I was good with Carr, Rodgers or Lamar, even if all had their flaws.

I mostly agree with this, but there is also evidence he's not a good employee. demanding a trade a few years ago the day of the draft and whatever the hell is going on now. Maybe we don't know who's at fault for the indecision that we're all experiencing right now, but it sure seems like he's holding 2 teams hostage.

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This is all going to end horribly. Dramatically and stupidly, but horribly. 1-2 years tops with this dude. 100% chance the papers eat him alive after witnessing all this.

If things go off the rails, we still will have most of our draft capital and a talented young roster. I’m enjoying shooting for the moon for once. 

• Upvote 3

Getting caught up on everything now - they knocked the Reddit guy? That’s crazy. This feels very much done and it’s all communication control now. Looking forward to this getting wrapped up. Feels like it’s going to be a massive news drop and several big Jets moves will follow

wayward pines GIF

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

This is my concern.  Not so much the media because I have no issue with Rodgers despising them.  The issue is the possibility of him leaving after one year and being back in the hunt for a QB in 12 months.

But what was the alternative? Derek carr ? Lol. Could have went after Lamar but I see reasons why they were against that. 

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I get that the shoulder injury did Chad in, but the real moment you knew it was never going to work out long term was when he sat in front of the entire NY media and lectured them about how their job was a privilege. There's a level of humility that guys usually have if they are going to make it in this market, and it's really no surprise that a guy from Chico who has spent the last 20 years in Wisconsin doesn't have it. We should have signed Garappolo. 

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Jetsplayer21 said:

But what was the alternative? Derek carr ? Lol. Could have went after Lamar but I see reasons why they were against that. 

Yes.  Derek Carr.  Lamar would make no sense.

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

I get that the shoulder injury did Chad in, but the real moment you knew it was never going to work out long term was when he sat in front of the entire NY media and lectured them about how their job was a privilege. There's a level of humility that guys usually have if they are going to make it in this market, and it's really no surprise that a guy from Chico who has spent the last 20 years in Wisconsin doesn't have it. We should have signed Garappolo. 

Eh, can't go after a guy whose gonna' give you nine starts.

Shoulda' been Carr but that's water under the bridge.

Get Rodgers, hopefully do something special this season and find a QB in a year.

32 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

All I know is this, if there's one thing that is a clear signal that everything is going to work out for a guy well in this market, it's treating the media like crap. This is all going to go really splendid for him here. Really. Can't wait. 

I’m glad someone out there media pansies in their place. What you suggest is comical. Because Aaron rodgers doesn’t want to give them insider info, they are going to retaliate like children and refuse to give him any back page action, EVER lol

4 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

I mostly agree with this, but there is also evidence he's not a good employee. demanding a trade a few years ago the day of the draft and whatever the hell is going on now. Maybe we don't know who's at fault for the indecision that we're all experiencing right now, but it sure seems like he's holding 2 teams hostage.

I don't know all this details or his history within that organization.

I'm not looking to defend everything he's said or done, nor pretend that he's not an egomaniac. 

But my point is, we're not talking about Ben Rothlisberger or Ray Rice. He's just kind-of-a prick... and an excellent quarterback.

I'm good with that tradeoff. 

4 minutes ago, PS17 said:

If things go off the rails, we still will have most of our draft capital and a talented young roster. I’m enjoying shooting for the moon for once. 

Agreed. It's guaranteed to end in humiliating fashion imo but maybe they can go on a run first. This is probably the most entertaining way to get off the Zach Wilson ride anyway. 

8 minutes ago, AFJF said:

This is 100% what’s going to happen

24 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I don’t know, you’d have to ask Aaron that.  He’s pretty vocal about not caring what outsiders think about him or how he operates.

I don’t think it’s a surprise that most players aren’t too fond of Schefter or Rappaport either.  There is plenty of evidence to support that.

Adam and Ian get all their info from teams/front offices. Especially Schefter. Whenever Scheft reports on something where there's an impasse between a player and team, he reports on it from the team's side. So I can see why they don't rock with him.

That's why I said the NFL needs a reporter like Shams Charania in the NBA, who clearly gets most of his info from the players (or their agents)

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

This is 100% what’s going to happen

Possibly, but I’m going to enjoy it while it lasts ..why worry about 12-24 months from now ? Kind of like the Mets signing Justin Verlander 

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Yes.  Derek Carr.  Lamar would make no sense.

Derek Carr is the most consistent barely average qb in the league. The raiders are dumping him, in his still prime years. Its 1 thing if it’s because he got drunk and crashed his car, slept with a players wife..I’d say sure will take the scrutiny for stealing a great qb with character flaws. But no it’s not any character flaws. Sounds like he’s been a model qb  and they are dumping him purely on his play. 

16 minutes ago, hawk said:

Interesting little tidbit I saw on Spotrac.  Davante Adams contract does not guarantee until March 17th, at which time, there is a $20 million dollar roster bonus due and his salary for 2023 and 2024 guarantee.  $42 million.  

He apparently put out a message that leads you to believe he is not happy in LV.

Could you imagine if we could find away to pick him up with G. Wilson and Rodgers.  Add in our defense.

Again, interesting little tidbit with no plausible expectation.

I would love to have Davante Adams, but I don’t think the Jets can afford him. They’ve done quite a bit of restructuring and they barely have enough space for Clark and Rodgers. Bringing in Adams adds a whole new wrench to the mix.

1 minute ago, Hex said:

I would love to have Davante Adams, but I don’t think the Jets can afford him. They’ve done quite a bit of restructuring and they barely have enough space for Clark and Rodgers. Bringing in Adams adds a whole new wrench to the mix.

$10 Million Cap Hit based on current structure.

I would gladly let Lawson go for Adams.

That said, still no plausible expectation.