Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It's not even accurate to say MLF got fired 

He got the f out of dodge 

And good for him 

Time will bear out that MLF is a good coach and Hackett is a bad one 

Head coach sure. But OC? It’s not fair, but it’s safe to safe Milf has a way to go. 

1 hour ago, doitny said:

i agree. i wanted Carr too. i feel like we are selling our soul for a SB.

i will add a few more points.

what happens in 2025 and 2026? Rodgers will have a 53 and 60 mil cap hit for those 2 seasons. there will be no money from some FA QB to come in. i dont think Rodgers will allow us to use any #1s on a QB. our #2 should be gone in the trade. so our QB will be some nobody 3rd pick. 

if a Hackenburg is there we have no choice but to pick him cause we have no QB for 2025.

with Carr we could draft one whenever we want. if we dont like a QB next year we can wait till 2025 or even 2026. plus Carr will only be 36. if hes playing good we could sign him to an extension.

after winning 4-5 games in 2025 everyone gets fired. new regime will start our 18th rebuild. GW and Sause probably get traded for draft picks. 

is this all worth it for a SB?

so when we are sucking and in another rebuild by 2026 will we look back while we are winning 4 games and watching unwatchable footbal are we going to feel better cause we won a SB 2-3 years ago. not for me.

Carr gives us 4 years of about 10 wins and playoffs. after that anything can happen. Mark Sanchez went to 2 AFCGs and beat Brady and Manning on the road. Carr is much better than Sanchez was. if Sanchez could beat those guys Carr could beat Mahomes and Burrow. we didnt need Rodgers to get to a SB.

i rather have 4 years of enjoyable sunday football over 2. i rather draft a new QB whenever we want instead of when our diva QB tells us we can. draft when when we like one and not that we have to cause we dont have a QB

First you have no idea the Jets are going to bottom out in two years there's really no evidence of that we have all our draft capital and this team was built with young players not overpriced veterans...second you are saying you would rather be the Titans a team who is a first round out forever instead of the Rams who actually are a SB contender which I 100 percent disagree with I would rather win a SB.....third when did every Jet fan start acting like middle aged women who are crying about stability?

9 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The Jets are more of a sonnet 130 situation 

My mistress eyes are nothing like the sun 

Her breath reeks 

It's a satire of love poems like how being a Jets fan is a satire of being a fan of a good team 

Nice ref!  I thought about that one -- 18 and 130 are two of the four of Shakespeare's sonnets that I taught every year.  But in that one, at the end of the day, the speaker still loves the girl....warts and all.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

It's not even accurate to say MLF got fired 

He got the f out of dodge 

And good for him 

Time will bear out that MLF is a good coach and Hackett is a bad one 

Flight from Zach Wilson is to be expected. I don't blame him one bit for taking off with the opportunity given to him.  I think all of us would have done the same.  I wish him luck.   One way this will help him is that he will no longer have to struggle with play calling since the HC does all of it, and he can do what he does best, whatever that is. It gives him some time to work on his allegedly horrid communication skills before his next gig, as well.  It really is the perfect spot for him. Lucky guy. 

Oh yeah....  He's got Sam Darnold. Haha.     

1 minute ago, Saul Goodman said:

I also don’t believe that Rodgers will be making an announcement today that he’s joining the Jets. Doesn’t seem like something he would do. We’ll see. 

I am pretty certain you are correct

he will say something to the effect of there are lots of things to be settled and "we will see how things go"

anybody that thinks he is announcing he will be a jet I believe will not be happy  today and will have to wait 

If Rodgers announces that he wants to play again, he wants to play for the Jets and if a deal doesn't get worked out, he'll just retire, it swings almost all of the perceived leverage to the Jets.

If the deal doesn't get done - it's a $40 million cap hit to GB this year.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Flight from Zach Wilson is to be expected. I don't blame him one bit for taking off with the opportunity given to him.  I think all of us would have done the same.  I wish him luck.   One way this will help him is that he will no longer have to struggle with play calling since the HC does all of it, and he can do what he does best, whatever that is. It gives him some time to work on his allegedly horrid communication skills before his next gig, as well.  It really is the perfect spot for him. Lucky guy. 

Oh yeah....  He's got Sam Darnold. Haha.     

I hope Zach ends up with Milf again 

2 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I am pretty certain you are correct

he will say something to the effect of there are lots of things to be settled and "we will see how things go"

anybody that thinks he is announcing he will be a jet I believe will not be happy  today and will have to wait 

Maybe he can't announce an actual trade but he can say he has requested a trade to the Jets. Then its just on the packers and jets to make it happen

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, neckdemon said:

Maybe he can't announce an actual trade but he can say he has requested a trade to the Jets. Then its just on the packers and jets to make it happen

Yeah, I think it's this. Once Rodgers says I'm going to the Jets, a trade will be worked out.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I can’t wait until it’s official and see all these guys who’s jobs it is to get this news be so upset, that they start bashing the move. Not bc they think it’s a bad move. They’re just sour about not being in know.

inevitable