Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

1 hour ago, football guy said:

It's becoming more and more clear why the Jets were so bullish on this. They've been saying for a while now that if its not GB and he's not retiring, no one will compete with them for his services. The Raiders have a lot of issues - in addition to their cashflow - that make them less likely option... not only is that division a gauntlet, but they have a lot of holes throughout their roster. The rest of the AFC teams needing QBs are far superior situations, and the only one that truly competes with what we have to offer is Miami, who seems committed to their QB. Even in the NFC, there doesn't appear to be a QB needy team that makes sense outside of SF, who are committed to their young QBs...

The Jets have a young talented roster. They offer a situation where the scheme and coaching is familiar and will allow him the latitude to help design it as he sees fit. They are offering him an ability to have a voice in personnel - not only to concede to his wishes but because they do feel adding people cut from that cloth will help continue shaping our culture. It's truly a match and one that makes the most sense in the NFL... it really just comes down to whether Rodgers wants to commit

If Rodgers agrees.. I wonder if compensation is even less than a 2nd lol . Watch Jd steal Rodgers for a 2023 3rd and 2024 conditional 2nd + Corey Davis 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, undertow said:

It cost the Jets a second round pick to move up 12 spots from 17 to 5 to take a QB the next year....pretty sure the price is different these days.

That was only because Mangenius got super stud Brooks Bollinger as part of the compensation. That man knew his stuff. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

@JiF4Lamar if we get Aaro Rodgers, have you put any thought into you next screen name? I've come up with a few ideas. I kind of like Jif4Darkness because you could keep it forever.

JiF4Aaron 

JiF4MrRodgers

JiF4Darkness

I'm going to be pissed if we have to settle for Aaro Rodgers!  That means talks with Aaron didn't go anywhere.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, undertow said:

It cost the Jets a second round pick to move up 12 spots from 17 to 5 to take a QB the next year....pretty sure the price is different these days.

2 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

More recently, it took 3 2nd round picks to move up a couple slots to take Sam Darnold if I remember correctly.

You're talking about a rookie QB on a rookie QB deal who you'll have locked up for years vs. a 40 year old dude with a monster cap hit when he retires which he publicly contemplates every year.

Why are we acting like these are the same thing?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You're talking about a rookie QB on a rookie QB deal who you'll have locked up for years vs. a 40 year old dude with a monster cap hit when he retires which he publicly contemplates every year.

I keep thinking 2nd and a conditional 1st. I'd be tickled pink with that move but I can see Douglas going for the throat.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dunnie said:

I just heard that Rodgers has been speculating at a new place to live near Bear Mountain ... but it might get too much natural sunlight ...

icegif-239.gif

Here's the first picture of the Jets dinner with Rodgers last night.

Woody is on the bottom right.  JD is bottom left..  Aaron is farthest away from Woody on the top left. 

Eyes Dark GIF by marko

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Did you not follow the posting here?  We are replying to a poster who wants to link Rodgers trade value to what we traded for Favre...  

Our replies were that the world has changed in 15 years ... in which we provided some examples of the rising costs for a QB.  And that's why Rodgers will still cost more than Favre, despite the big contract.

4 minutes ago, Trotter said:

The deciding factor here could be his GF living in NYC. 

Pretty sure they said the same thing when there was speculation about him going to Denver. His girl at thr time lived near Denver.

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

would love DHOP off the burnt out Arizona Cardinals for a 3rd or 4th. Can just recoup some picks on a trade back in the 1st.

Sure!  Let's bring in a 40 year old QB for a 1st and a 30+ year old WR for a 3rd. Should the Jets trade for 29 year old Henry too????

I have a really good VCR player in my basement. It was the best model 20 years ago.   I'll sell it to you for $300.  And I have an iPhone 6 that was the best phone on the market 7 years ago. I paid $600, but I'll give it to you for $300.  I can keep going.  The NFL is a young man's game.  40 year old QBs paired with 30+ receivers and RBs in their late 20s is a disaster waiting to happen.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jdub03 said:

Pretty sure they said the same thing when there was speculation about him going to Denver. His girl at thr time lived near Denver.

NEAR Denver but not in?

Uh oh. Hopefully Aaron doesn't realize the Jets play in an entirely different state.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

40 year old QBs paired with 30+ receivers and RBs in their late 20s is a disaster waiting to happen.  

there's no room for well-reasoned logic in this discussion 

the fanbase is foaming at the mouth for positive offseason news

every year we win the offseason championship 

the real games, not so much 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Sure!  Let's bring in a 40 year old QB for a 1st and a 30+ year old WR for a 3rd. Should the Jets trade for 29 year old Henry too????

I have a really good VCR player in my basement. It was the best model 20 years ago.   I'll sell it to you for $300.  And I have an iPhone 6 that was the best phone on the market 7 years ago. I paid $600, but I'll give it to you for $300.  I can keep going.  The NFL is a young man's game.  40 year old QBs paired with 30+ receivers and RBs in their late 20s is a disaster waiting to happen.  

Or just tell me it’s not a good idea without all the theatrics.

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

there's no room for well-reasoned logic in this discussion 

the fanbase is foaming at the mouth for positive offseason news

every year we win the offseason championship 

the real games, not so much 

I think Rodgers at QB, instead of Zach/White/Flacco at QB, will win more games, by more points, than it would otherwise.

I think Rodgers at QB, despite his costs, should win more games than Jimmy G./Minshew/Mayfield/Trubisky/et al. over the next two seasons.

Do you not?

• Upvote 2

It really is tantalizing how special this could be, and how insanely close it actually is. I know some are negative but Envision a healthy #12, with one last chip on his shoulder, and a better supporting cast than last year. Wouldnt he blow that 26 Td 12 int stat line from 2022 out of the water? Now swap that production out from the putrid qb play of last year. Patriots x 2, Vikings, Lions, Dolphins, Jags all would’ve been wins. That’s a 7-10 to 13-4 jump.  

• Upvote 1