Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

That’s for Rodgers to decide.  The only reason I am on pins and needles is that he’s a cuckoo bird who could wake up tomorrow and change his mind based on the color of his bowel movement, lmfao.

Based on what I'm hearing - here's my assessment....

Jets and GB have agreed on terms and they're favorable to the Jets.

Only thing holding it back now is Rodgers' green light.

Sorry if I shouldn't be reading into this - but it's exciting to think we're close.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I have broken the golden “Keep your mouth shut.” rule between my boy and I in the past (Saleh), but I cannot f*ck around and find out with this one, haha.

Plus, I am a super jinx with no ties to Aaron.  This news is strictly coming from the Jets side.

I'm politely asking you to stop positing anything until news comes through, dont need no jinxing to magically wind up with Zach as our day 1 starter. 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

All I’m going to say is that I got some news over the weekend, as well as this morning, was not surprised by the Carr news, and I know the second I put that news out there, the exact opposite will happen, ruining everything.  That and I don’t have the “ok” to spill, lol.

Situation is fluid, don’t go around making bets, yada, yada, yada.

Amazon Baltimore GIF by NFL On Prime Video

Woody-Johnson-scaled.jpg

Jets owner Woody Johnson is reportedly the reason why Gang Green didn’t make an offer to New Orleans Saints quarterback Derek Carr as the team set it sights on Aaron Rodgers.  This, according to NFL insider Matthew Berry.  In discussing the “buzz” going on this past weekend at the NFL scouting combine, Berry had this to say about Carr and the Jets:

As long as we are talking big-name quarterbacks, despite all the rumors of Derek Carr going to the Jets, one thing that held that up was that Jets owner Woody Johnson really wants Aaron Rodgers. So, the staff has had to be supportive of that. However, secretly, the rest of the team’s front office wanted Derek Carr. Now that Carr is reportedly signing with New Orleans, the Jets are in “Hoping for Rodgers” mode. If that doesn’t work out… who knows?

As we speculated just hours ago, it appears Johnson is heavily involved in the team’s pursuit for a quarterback and ownership was happy to let Carr walk while they wait on Rodgers, whose future is known only to the quarterback.

If the report is accurate, it means the team’s front office was willing to make a run at Carr but the pursuit of Rodgers put any potential offers on hold.  Rodgers has been silent since saying last week that he didn’t want to “drag things out” in terms of announcing his decision on the 2023 season.

Should the team’s “plan A” fall through, expect the team to pivot to oft injured veteran Jimmy Garoppolo.

The post Report Claims Woody Johnson Held up Potential Carr Signing appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Click here to read the full story...

• Post of the Week 1
  • Ugh 4
  • More Ugh 3

15 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Other than compensation for any deal sounds lighter than what I thought it would possibly be?  Unfortunately not.  Stressing that there are no guarantees, but I am in a much better mental state over this than I was last week.

Rodgers was in NYC over the weekend. So there’s that. I don’t know this Mogglez guy. Is his intel more like the Football Guy or more like Joe W. Namath? 

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Based on what I'm hearing - here's my assessment....

Jets and GB have agreed on terms and they're favorable to the Jets.

Only thing holding it back now is Rodgers' green light.

Sorry if I shouldn't be reading into this - but it's exciting to think we're close.

Funny.  I see the same thing and have a different take.  IMO Rodgers is ready to come (don't think we let Carr go to NO if Rodgers is a Waffle House) and GB is struggling with JD's offer.  In my world JD is trying to jam the Favre deal down GB's throat, and GB is looking to do better...

• Upvote 1

Woody is forcing this to happen JD will overpay doesn't matter JD was probably overuled. I truly believe Saleh and JD wanted Carr but were powerless to do anything they were forced to sit on their hands and wait for Rogers think they had a chance to get Carr but Rogers is the focus so Carr went to New Orleans think Greenbay will sit on this until after FA and force JD to the wall and he will have no choice but to buy in. Think JD was told Rogers  whatever the cost.

1 minute ago, peekskill68 said:

Funny.  I see the same thing and have a different take.  IMO Rodgers is ready to come (don't think we let Carr go to NO if Rodgers is a Waffle House) and GB is struggling with JD's offer.  In my world JD is trying to jam the Favre deal down GB's throat, and GB is looking to do better...

I would have agreed with you 10 minutes ago but I'm basing that on Mooglez cryptic tweet - with his statement that it's not going to cost as much as we thought.  Gives me the sense the GB negotiation is done.

And then the Rodgers can wake up tomorrow and change his mind.

1 minute ago, nyjets1969 said:

Woody is forcing this to happen JD will overpay doesn't matter JD was probably overuled. I truly believe Saleh and JD wanted Carr but were powerless to do anything they were forced to sit on their hands and wait for Rogers think they had a chance to get Carr but Rogers is the focus so Carr went to New Orleans think Greenbay will sit on this until after FA and force JD to the wall and he will have no choice but to buy in. Think JD was told Rogers  whatever the cost.

If it's less than #13 overall - JD did a very good job.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I would have agreed with you 10 minutes ago but I'm basing that on Mooglez cryptic tweet - with his statement that it's not going to cost as much as we thought.  Gives me the sense the GB negotiation is done.

And then the Rodgers can wake up tomorrow and change his mind.

Fair enough.  You could be right.  I guess I'm in the minority in that I've never believed JD would be willing to give up anywhere near what people were thinking to take on that contract.   Let's hope we all know pretty soon...

9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’ll let other vouch for me, but I had to address this part ?.

All I can say the highlighted is…

Ryan Gosling Judging You GIF

It’s crazy because 100% of what you hinted at is exactly what me and my fellow intuitive, reading the room brethren assumed was going on. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’ll let other vouch for me, but I had to address this part ?.

All I can say the highlighted is…

Ryan Gosling Judging You GIF

I was honestly asking. Not trying to be funny. I just don’t know anyone enough here and other than the ones that have made it known they want me to suffer from a horrible death, it would be nice to know those others that are good people who have hope and those that have legit intel. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1