Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Good thread from a smart football knower

I don't think I'll ever get used to these twitter blue lengthy tweets.

I like twitter because I'm lazy and have no desire to read an essay of thoughts authored by some rando.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Narrator: The didn't go get Jackson.

I think folks really need to come to terms with the idea that the Jets have no interest whatsoever in giving Jackson the kind of contract he would require, at the cost of 2x #1 picks and a massive risk profile.

How Fans view Jackson clearly isn't in-line with how NFL front Offices view Jackson.

This is probably out there somewhere but do we know what Jackson wants? 

I have heard fully guaranteed but has it ever been specified years/total money?

Just now, Trotter said:

He wants at least Watson’s guaranteed $230m 

No thanks

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

He wants at least Watson’s guaranteed $230m 

No thanks

Thanks.

That is the tough part with him. Talented player and brings a different dynamic to the offense.

Measure that against fully guaranteed and at that number, I simply do not see the Jets or any team for that matter going there.

Can't undo what was done with Deshaun, but he is a diff type of QB with a bit less of injury risk due to style of play.

Lamar really does need to adjust his demands or as someone said yesterday is going down the Lev Bell road.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Narrator: The didn't go get Jackson.

I think folks really need to come to terms with the idea that the Jets have no interest whatsoever in giving Jackson the kind of contract he would require, at the cost of 2x #1 picks and a massive risk profile.

How Fans view Jackson clearly isn't in-line with how NFL front Offices view Jackson.

While simultaneously dissing Carr, and even Rodgers!

8 minutes ago, Trotter said:

My understanding from the usual sources is over $230 million over five years, with all of it guaranteed.

And because of the tag, any team looking to do that needs to give up two #1 picks to Baltimore if Baltimore chooses not to match the offer.

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

My understanding from the usual sources is over $230 million over five years, with all of it guaranteed.

And because of the tag, any team looking to do that needs to give up two #1 picks to Baltimore if Baltimore chooses not to match the offer.

Thanks.

I just don't see JD going there at that price..

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

Do you think Joe Douglas should explore trading Quinnen Williaims for a haul if the Jets give Lamar Jackson the guaranteed contract he's looking for? 

Realistically - do you think QW brings back two 1's?

If yes then the 2 you give up to the ravens if you make lamar an offer and they dont match offfset - then it comes down to guaranteed money which I think would be the major issue.

I just dont see a team out there giving him fully guaranteed at over 200 million. 

Lol that's ******* stupid. 
No one wants to touch Jackson because he's fragile, a dumbass without an agent and wants a fully guaranteed contract. Oh and would require WAY more draft capital than Rodgers. 
This is par for the course SOJ media bullsh*t. Don't fall for it. 

Plus he cant, ya know, throw a football outside the numbers. If people thought watching our passing attack last year was miserable watch one with Jackson in control. G Wilson would be on suicide watch with Jackson playing QB

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Ouch

this is crap.

baltimore is widely regarded as one of the best run organizations in the league.  they don't think jackson is worth the contract he (reportedly) is asking for.  yet the "smart move" for the jets would be to give jackson a contract baltimore won't match, plus forfeit two 1st rounders?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Are so many of you willing to throw away 2x #1's and $230 million guaranteed, for a guy who could have his career legit ended on his first run of 2023?

Can you not, after the exemplar of RGIII, and Jackson's own last two injury shortened seasons, see the massive risk involved here?  

What do you think would happen with Jackson, that he'll be the first ever run-first QB to become a better, faster runner the older he gets, and will suddenly become immune to runner's injuries if he's playing for NY?

A wager on Jackson, at that price, is a wager that he is in fact the greatest player in NFL history and won't get hurt again.  Ever.  And will become a 10x better passer while not losing anything in his running skills.

Amazing how few want to even consider the risk/reward concept of this one.  Lets follow up one of the worst in NFL history QB draft picks with one of the worst in NFL history QB contracts, lol.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1