Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

10 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Because the media with run:

"Aaron Rodgers has decided $110m is not enough to play for the Jets"

"Aaron Rodgers turns down richest QB salary to avoid Jets"

That's what will happen

Let's see how much everyone loves this front office when they come out of this rodgers drama holding their dicks and try to sell everyone on how great ryan tannehill is or broken down jimmy g

3 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

Cause they put all their eggs in one basket, and they had carr in the building and let him walk without making an offer

Yeah because the Saints signing Carr is like signing brees in 06 

How will we ever manage without future HOF Carr 

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

Let's see how much everyone loves this front office when they come out of this rodgers drama holding their dicks and try to sell everyone on how great ryan tannehill is or broken down jimmy g

If we don't get AR it will be a blessing

• WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

25 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

OTC is showing the old contract, 3rd and 5th columns (base salary and roster bonus) is where the money is being pulled from for the signing bonus.

Screenshot_20230310_154939_Chrome.jpg

Wild...I'm looking at this on OTC right now...same exact URL.  And what it is showing me is different then when you have in your screen cap.

Oh well...I'm still not thrilled with the idea that we have to take another HUGE injury risk on and potentially give up more draft compensation for him.

16 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

And that makes the Jets front office look bad for trying to get him. Gotcha. 

It's not a bad move to try and get him. I'm just saying the media will run with the narrative I laid out, and fans and players will buy into it. It would be absolutely crippling from a confidence perspective in attracting players.

If Rodgers is playing one season, this trade is not worth more than one 3rd or 4th round pick. What a farce this has become.  And for those saying he is making a "lifetime" decision, give me a break. He doesn't have to move. He rents an apartment in Morristown and lives there from August to December.  That's it.  So he commits to play football for a season or two, cashes in $120 million, dictates coaches, plays, personnel etc and he is making a significant lifetime and lifestyle decision?  NFW.  You people put too much stock in and give these guys too much leeway. He is jerking the Jets around. The Jets should have signed Carr and had a QB for 2-5 years without the BS.  Now the Jets could give up a king's ransom for one season of an old QB, or could be left holding the bag and have to play with Jimmy G or Dalton next season.  It should have been Carr or Rodgers by March 5 and that's it.  I'm sorry for venting, but I see no reason for this to drag on like this when everyone - and I mean everyone - from Rodgers to GB to the Jets to the entire NFL knew this was in the works for weeks, not days.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

Bitch. Bitch. Bitch. 

18 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Because the media with run:

"Aaron Rodgers has decided $110m is not enough to play for the Jets"

"Aaron Rodgers turns down richest QB salary to avoid Jets"

That's what will happen

BS...the Jets are dealing with a true knuckle head QB...Yea one of the best all time...but he knows it!

I still think he's going to be hosting Jeopardy this spring...

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, ptisme said:

Ok first.   Packers fan here.   Second I’m very bullish on the Jets and will be rooting for them as my second favorite team if they get Rodgers.   But all respect due, the Jets couldn’t look worse as a franchise over the last few decades.   They will have to recover by winning playoff games, not blowing the media

Completely agree, that doesn't change the narrative that will be running about the Jets if Rodgers were to turn down $110m from us. I don't think he will, but it would be crippling from a FA perspective (our own and outside)

7 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Wild...I'm looking at this on OTC right now...same exact URL.  And what it is showing me is different then when you have in your screen cap.

Oh well...I'm still not thrilled with the idea that we have to take another HUGE injury risk on and potentially give up more draft compensation for him.

Are you looking on your phone lol turn it sideways

Just now, bla bla bla said:

Completely agree, that doesn't change the narrative that will be running about the Jets if Rodgers were to turn down $110m from us. I don't think he will, but it would be crippling from a FA perspective (our own and outside)

Part of the reason the media do it is because it negatively impacts the Jets. It's cyclical. Ripping the Jets makes them look like a joke, which hurts their chances to get guys, which makes them look more like a joke.

The relationship the Jets have with the media is unlike any other team. There are a few franchises that get ripped on nationally. The Browns, maybe the Lions, a couple others. However, every one of those teams at least knows the local media have their backs. In NY, the local media all back the long-time establishment team, the Giants. So the Jets get the hate nationally AND at home.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Yeah because the NFL players and media don’t know ARod is an odd duck 

6 minutes ago, Ben Had said:

BS...the Jets are dealing with a true knuckle head QB...Yea one of the best all time...but he knows it!

I still think he's going to be hosting Jeopardy this spring...

Are you saying the media won't run with this narrative? I agree it's not the truth but it's 100% what the media will do. 

• Upvote 1