Rodgers to the Jets - Support it, or Oppose it?

Do you support the Jets Possible/Pending Acquisition of Aaron Rodgers?  

260 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the Jets Possible/Pending Acquisition of Aaron Rodgers?

39 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I'm for it so long as the Jets do not give GB more than one 2nd or 3rd round pick. No firsts and no additional. contingent 2024 picks based on performance.  One pick or two 3rd day picks. That's it.  

Anything more than that and I become skeptical.  

The Jets also need to be able to draft or sign their future QB in the 2024 offseason without Rodgers getting all pissy.  He did say today that all he wants is transparency.  The Jets may want any QB they draft to sit behind Rodgers in 2024, but they can't be waiting for him to decide if he wants to play every offseason.  

I'd go so far as to give 1 1st. But no more. 

1 hour ago, sciond said:

This will be a setback in searching for a long term QB

Not really. At pick 13 we are in no man’s land for QBs this year. We are probably not trading a first in any year. We can still address QB next offseason whether it’s in the draft (a better class) or another veteran shaking free. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I think its important that Rodgers thank Joe Namath for offering up 12, but out of respect for Namath and the Jets organization, he respectfully decline and chose a new #.

Rodgers would really endear himself to NY if he does this.

He will take #8, his college jersey number, when Elijah Moore is included in the trade to get him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

eventually the Jets run out of hypothetical replacements

Who's left? Matt Ryan?

Maybe that's why the Packers are being tougher in negotiations right now (at least it sounds like the thing holding up this deal is compensation)

2 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

I've long maintained that watching football should be enjoyable. Therefore I support. I know that's a controversial opinion in these circles, though.

Bro we’re only in year 11 of the 3 year rebuild. #trusttheprocess

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

I've long maintained that watching football should be enjoyable. Therefore I support. I know that's a controversial opinion in these circles, though.

But he's a narcissist. He thinks thoughts that I (my wife, actually) don't agree with. 

He's too old! 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Not really. At pick 13 we are in no man’s land for QBs this year. We are probably not trading a first in any year. We can still address QB next offseason whether it’s in the draft (a better class) or another veteran shaking free. 

Not every good QB goes top 5

Nobody knows what JD would do

1 hour ago, JETS SB said:

No freakin way we were ever drafting a QB in the first round. Not gonna argue with ignorance. 

who is the ignorant one.....

You must have the "Magic 8 Ball" working because you know everything

there are a ton of things he could have done.....

But hey a professional expert like yourself knows it all 

• WTF? 1

I am all in on Rodgers. The Jets have drafted a QB at #3 and at #2 the past few years  and have nothing to show for it. The rebuild with drafting a QB just isn’t working - is it? So it’s time to try something else - like get a good veteran QB and Rodgers fits the bill. It’s time to stop rebuilding and try to friggin win games. Whomever says keep rebuilding must be 10-15 years old and still got rocks in their heads. Our fabulous rookies are all in on this and they want to win right now and they are vocal about it. I’ve never heard rookies speaking out like this but these guys must know they are special and they want to capitalize on it. Taking this chance with Rodgers is worth it 100 percent!

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

9BC6909F-0277-4F5B-B2F2-04216B458F80.jpeg

2308057B-09B0-489E-94EC-9A0F146FFD4C.jpeg

I turned 73 in November--Jet fan from '60 and first saw them live in '64 (at Shea).  I welcome the opportunity that Tom Shane has given me to own my position with some visibility. I actually like Rodgers; he's almost as narcissistic as I am. So my opposition is based on strictly a football calculus. Barring a major surprise about what we give up in draft comp and spent cap space, those costs will only be balanced out if we get to the SB this year or next. An AFCG or two isn't going to cut it and will amount to a detour on the road to perennial year to year enjoyment. Yes, I know that I might not be around after the 2024 season but so be it. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

We could rename this poll:

“Are you happy the Jets are legitimate Super Bowl contenders?”

Yes

No

Did you get this from the Denver Broncos forum after getting russell wilson?  Or maybe the browns forum after they got watson?

At this point the jets are playoff contenders with a boat load of great teams between us and the afc prize.

16 minutes ago, Alworth said:

I turned 73 in November--Jet fan from '60 and first saw them live in '64 (at Shea).  I welcome the opportunity that Tom Shane has given me to own my position with some visibility. I actually like Rodgers; he's almost as narcissistic as I am. So my opposition is based on strictly a football calculus. Barring a major surprise about what we give up in draft comp and spent cap space, those costs will only be balanced out if we get to the SB this year or next. An AFCG or two isn't going to cut it and will amount to a detour on the road to perennial year to year enjoyment. Yes, I know that I might not be around after the 2024 season but so be it. 

Agreed this needs to result in, at least, significant playoff runs to pay off, BUT, this singular move was the only way we were sniffing a playoff run anyway. 

• Upvote 1