2023 Is The Jets Best Chance At Superbowl Since ...

Assume Rodgers trade goes through. Fill in the blank. Yes, I'm talking Super Bowl chances MFrs. Don't be scurred.

Obviously adding Rodgers guarantees nothing. BUT ... with Rodgers on board, a top 5 defense, G. Wilson, B. Hall and company on offense this is the best I've felt about the Jets chances of a Superbowl going into a season since _____.

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Assume Rodgers trade goes through. Fill in the blank. Yes, I'm talking Super Bowl chances MFrs. Don't be scurred.

Obviously adding Rodgers guarantees nothing. BUT ... with Rodgers on board, a top 5 defense, G. Wilson, B. Hall and company on offense this is the best I've felt about the Jets chances of a Superbowl going into a season since _____.

Since...forever. LOL. 

But seriously. It has to be 1969 right? Coming off an unexpected SB win, with Namath coming back, Snell and Maynard still on the team. Coach coming back, majority of defense coming back. Correct me if I am wrong, I was not alive at the time, but wouldn't THAT be the time when expectations for a SB be at their peak?? Curios to hear what people think.

As far as in my lifetime, it would have to be 1998. Parcells, Vinny, Curtis, Keysh, Chrebet. Top 5 offense. Nasty Defense. That team went 12-4 and lost in the playoffs to the eventual SB Champion Denver Broncos. That was probably the best, most complete Jet team I have ever seen. 

• Upvote 1

The Jets were 1 win away from a Super Bowl in both 2009 and 2010 seasons. Just because those Jets teams made the playoffs as a Wild Card team doesn't take away from the accomplishments of the '09 and '10 Jets teams. Steelers went on to win the Super Bowl after beating the Jets. The Colts didn't win the Super Bowl after beating the Jets. If I had to split hairs, I'd give the advantage to the 2010 team, who I think could have beaten the Packers in the Super Bowl.

Mix in Rex Ryan's bravodo with the Jets coming off a season we went to the Conference Championship game, without a doubt going into the 2010 season I was feeling the best I've ever felt about our chances to go to the Super Bowl.

39 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

1999.  I was convinced!!  Jets biggest threat was the Broncos and Elway had just retired.  Week 1 and....we all know what happened....

I was at that game, it was a living nightmare.  Who was the other guy that went down for the year that day?

9 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

I'd give anything to get those first 3 games back that Tupa and Mirer QB'd.

Ray Lucas would have definitely got us into a deep playoff run with that team. 
UGH Mirer another #2 pick that was bust 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

The Jets were 1 win away from a Super Bowl in both 2009 and 2010 seasons. Just because those Jets teams made the playoffs as a Wild Card team doesn't take away from the accomplishments of the '09 and '10 Jets teams. Steelers went on to win the Super Bowl after beating the Jets. The Colts didn't win the Super Bowl after beating the Jets. If I had to split hairs, I'd give the advantage to the 2010 team, who I think could have beaten the Packers in the Super Bowl. 

And they were one win away from making the playoffs in 2008.  But really if Rodgers finally gets the jets it will be the first time since Vinny or even Favre that they’ve had a real qb. And I’d like to add chaddy but he was too limited as a player and fragile. Super Bowl? Baby steps. Win the division and get into the playoffs first.

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

And they were one win away from making the playoffs in 2008.  But really if Rodgers finally gets the jets it will be the first time since Vinny or even Favre that they’ve had a real qb. And I’d like to add chaddy but he was too limited as a player and fragile. Super Bowl? Baby steps. Win the division and get into the playoffs first.

The question was which season in the past was best you have felt about the Jets chances to go to the Super Bowl going into a season? 2010 was definitely it for me. The question wasn't really about the last time the Jets had a "real qb". Favre was definitely the best QB we've had since Namath. 

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:
1 hour ago, CSNY said:
Ray Lucas would have definitely got us into a deep playoff run with that team. 
UGH Mirer another #2 pick that was bust 

At least he wasn't our pick!

Which is a definite surprise he wasn’t our pick ?

33 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

The question was when was the last time the Jets had the best chance at a Super Bowl, not when was the last time the Jets had a "real qb".

Well yes but at the same time they have to get to the playoffs first. And didn’t chaddy get them to the afc champ game back in 2003 or so?

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

1999 ... ******* Vinny... Biggest Mistake was having no backup plan to an 40+ year old.... Hmmm

• Upvote 1

I posted a poll with 5 games left in the season about how the season would end.

More people voted for "Jets win the SuperBowl" than "Jets miss the playoffs."

So, I'll say this is the best chance at a SB since November 2022.

• Haha 1