NY Jets trade Elijah Moore to the Cleveland Browns: MERGED

4 hours ago, Jets723 said:

It was in him. Blaming everything else is silly

Yeah and my point was he probably makes roster this year if he kept his mouth shut. Bad QB play would rationalize his lack of improvement. And it would have made sense. But you don't want a guy in your locker room like him. It's a cancer that turm your new culture in a direction you don't want. Now if he was lighting it up like Jamar Chase or Garret Wilson maybe Joe would have acted differently cause of his value on the team but he is. Ly those guys. And trading him was best move for jets.

Good move I d say

5 hours ago, JETS SB said:

A poster sent me this fantasy dynasty rankings for wide receivers. Something stands out. How are we supposed to take this sh*t seriously  

1 J. Chase WR CIN
2 J. Jefferson WR MIN
3 C. Lamb WR DAL
4 C. Kupp WR LAR
5 D. Adams WR LV
6 D. Samuel WR SF
7 T. Higgins WR CIN
8 S. Diggs WR BUF
9 T. Hill WR MIA
10 A. Brown WR PHI
11 J. Waddle WR MIA
12 D. Metcalf WR SEA
13 D. Moore WR CAR
14 D. Johnson WR PIT
15 C. Godwin WR TB
16 T. McLaurin WR WAS
17 M. Pittman Jr. WR IND
18 M. Evans WR TB
19 D. London WR ATL
20 J. Jeudy WR DEN
21 E. Moore WR NYJ
22 G. Wilson WR NYJ

These rankings are from summer 2022. 

10 hours ago, Dcat said:

Agreed.  No idea why anyone would be happy about it. we trade a former, but not too long ago, 2d round pick and our 3rd for...  a 2nd.  ugh 

Well, Hardman was a 2nd round pick himself two years before. If they could go back two years to make this trade they would have. Plus Hardman kinda had a better QB throwing to him.

If Moore again was bitching - publicly or otherwise - about a mere 700-yard season among 3-4 other regular targets (incl TE/RB with Wilson/Lazard), or if he'd missed a big bunch of games to again finish the season on IR, we'd be wishing this trade was made.

He'll get more targets in Cle than he'd have gotten here, too, so even if he jumps to 1000 yards it doesn't mean it'd have been that same 1000 with far fewer targets here. If he makes a major jump beyond 1000 then (absent a SB) this trade sucks lol.

• Upvote 3

Is Elijah really all that talented? His speed, quickness and strength were never eye opening. Solid in all categories for sure but nothing notable. showed zero ability on 50/50 jump balls. Never did anything on reverses. Inconsistent route running. Bad attitude. Had some drops, as well. I don’t see him as anything more than a 900 yard receiver. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Anybody report on how OBJ workout went? I saw clips of one handed catches, but I’m more interested in his explosiveness out of his cuts and off the line.

He looked lights out like Wilson did in his pro day.

It's a workout... everyone looks good in things like that. Totally different when there's defenders there. 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, PS17 said:

I don’t get people crying about compensation here. We traded a malcontent who’s underperformed and got the equivalent of an early 3rd rounder. Also he only has two years left on his rookie deal and will likely want a new contract sooner than that. 

I dont get the “only 2 years left on his rookie contract” angle

lame!

13 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Any contract should be heavily weighted with performance incentives.

Think that through.

You want OBJ to have half or more of his money tied to valuing his own stats over team wins? That was the entire reason for trading Moore ffs.

Such a contract structure would only incentivize more of that, with someone even more unstable, who already has F-U money (i.e. even if the team is winning, he might cause problems or outright walk off as not worth his time or something if he's not getting thrown enough to reach big incentives).

Playing time incentives? Yes, sure.

Performance (i.e. me-first) incentives for an unstable not-WR1? No ****ing way.

?

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Barton said:

Is Elijah really all that talented? His speed, quickness and strength were never eye opening. Solid in all categories for sure but nothing notable. showed zero ability on 50/50 jump balls. Never did anything on reverses. Inconsistent route running. Bad attitude. Had some drops, as well. I don’t see him as anything more than a 900 yard receiver. 

Exactly. I mentioned it in my post above. This roster has been so bad over the last decade that an average receiver comes in and the fanbase latches on to him like he's the second coming of Randy Moss. 

Meanwhile Kansas City trades Tyreek Hill and they win a Super Bowl. 

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

So the Jets have a deal in place with GB which gives them #43. 

Now, with #42 in hand, JD can send a final FU to GB by drafting the player they would be targeting at #43. 

JD is a savage beast. 

@Maxman I'd like royalties on this tweet.  ?

5 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Resetting the clock. It’s a minor win. 

resetting the clock when there is 2 months left ? thats fine.

We are talking 2 years. Half a contract. In other words he was 50% done on his rookie deal and we tossed him aside for peanuts.

Look, if you think he is a malcontent, thats fair. If you though he sucked, not fair because he had a great rookie season and then faltered but everyone knows he had the worst qb situation in the league.

All the trash talk seemed to have gotten squashed way back in november. The dude was young talent on a rookie deal that may or may not have exploded with real qb play. Its a really bad trade imo. 

1 hour ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

Not sure if this is supposed to be a joke by Boomer?... LOL

Of course OBJ and Douglas have "had a conversation". It has been widely reported for days that the Jets and OBJ have spoken. 

I will tell you, the media has really been on their "A" game this offseason ?

2 minutes ago, Falco21 said:

Not sure if this is supposed to be a joke by Boomer?... LOL

Of course OBJ and Douglas have "had a conversation". It has been widely reported for days that the Jets and OBJ have spoken. 

I will tell you, the media has really been on their "A" game this offseason ?

Cope

alot of fire around OBJ to the Jets, probably going to happen with Moore gone, brace yourself ?

Just now, oatmeal said:

Cope

alot of fire around OBJ to the Jets, probably going to happen with Moore gone, brace yourself ?

Cope? I would love OBJ on this team. I hope it happens.

My comment was in regards to the terrible reporting and this idea that Boomer is breaking news that OBJ and Douglas have spoken

• Post of the Week 1

11 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

So the Jets netted 260 points via the draft value chart which equals the 2nd pick in the 3rd round. So basically we traded Moore for that pick. 

Well we also got rid of his salary and we get the new player on a 4 year contract but IMHO it was a dumb trade.  I think we sold low.  Further there is no guarantee that the guy we pick will be any good, or better than or equal to Moore.      

11 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

I'm so dynasty minded that I really dont have an offseason. 

Couple dynasty leagues and an average of 3 redrafts a year.

Watching the shift in ADP from March to draft time is where value can be found. Gauging the shift and reasons why people are rising or falling in adp can put you ahead of the curve on some guys but that's just some obsessive bull**** from someone like me who doesn't keep his hobbies in check. ???

screw draft leagues.  auction leagues are much better 

in any event, my comment was more about how meaningful is the sample size of drafts held by mid-March to gauge actual ADP?  i would understand the approach in august, or even mid-summer, but in mid-March while nfl free agency is just getting started and before the nfl draft???

1 hour ago, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

Really?  i thought Mims asked to be traded as well. And not like hes been productive , but yeah dont let that stop nothing.

He asked to be traded through his agent. Then when the team said no he put his head down and worked his ass off. Moore quite literally did the exact opposite. 

Also, Mims did it in preseason, Moore did it after a 5 game win streak.

• Thumb Down 1

54 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Think that through.

You want OBJ to have half or more of his money tied to valuing his own stats over team wins? That was the entire reason for trading Moore ffs.

Such a contract structure would only incentivize more of that, with someone even more unstable, who already has F-U money (i.e. even if the team is winning, he might cause problems or outright walk off as not worth his time or something if he's not getting thrown enough to reach big incentives).

Playing time incentives? Yes, sure.

Performance (i.e. me-first) incentives for an unstable not-WR1? No ****ing way.

?

That's why his agent will negotiate fairly easy performance markers. I would think any deal with him will have strong per game bonuses as the biggest part of it. It gives him an incentive for him to stay healthy.  Production would be a part of any deal but a small part in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Barton said:

He’s currently the fourth receiving option on the only team in football who’s going to run it more than the Titans. Best of luck to him.

14 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Well we also got rid of his salary and we get the new player on a 4 year contract but IMHO it was a dumb trade.  I think we sold low.  Further there is no guarantee that the guy we pick will be any good, or better than or equal to Moore.      

The Jets are not selecting a WR this year. It did not work out well for Rodgers and young, inexperienced WR's last year in GB. I think Rodgers wants to surround himself with veterans that he can trust will be where they're supposed to be each play. That's the impression I get. 

• Sympathy 1