NY Jets trade Elijah Moore to the Cleveland Browns: MERGED

9 minutes ago, choon328 said:

He asked to be traded through his agent. Then when the team said no he put his head down and worked his ass off. Moore quite literally did the exact opposite. 

Also, Mims did it in preseason, Moore did it after a 5 game win streak.

Moore started grumbling after the Browns game when Flacco was throwing to Wilson instead of him. 

• Upvote 1

seeing as there is lot of debate on what the value of the moore was in this trade (i.e. the difference in the pick acquired vs. pick given up), i think the best gauge would be actual nfl trades, not some trade charts floating on the internet.

fortunately, last year's draft gives us two comparable trades.  the jets acquired the #42 pick for moore and the #74 pick (therefore moore equals the difference between picks #42 & #74).

last year, there were two comparable trades

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2022-nfl-draft-trade-tracker-every-move-draft-order-changes-picks-by-team-analysis/live/

Vikings receive 

Round 2, No. 42 overall (Andrew Booth Jr., CB, Clemson)

Colts receive 

Round 2, No. 53 overall (Alec Pierce, WR, Cincinnati) 
Round 3, No. 77 overall (Bernhard Raimann, OT, Central Michigan) 
Round 6, No. 192 overall (Andrew Ogletree, TE, Youngstown State) 

Texans receive 

Round 2, No. 44 overall (John Metchie III, WR, Alabama) 

Browns receive 

Round 2, No. 68 overall (Martin Emerson, CB, Mississippi State) 
Round 4, No. 108 overall (Perrion Winfrey, DT, Oklahoma) 
Round 4, No. 124 overall (Cade York, PK, LSU) 

based on the vikings colts trade - moore would be worth a 2nd (#53) & a 6th (#192)

based on the texans-browns trade - moore would have been worth the differential between #77 and #68 and two 4ths (108 & 124)

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, choon328 said:

That's why his agent will negotiate fairly easy performance markers. I would think any deal with him will have strong per game bonuses as the biggest part of it. It gives him an incentive for him to stay healthy.  Production would be a part of any deal but a small part in my opinion. 

If he’s active for 15+ games then sure, tie it to something easily attained like 500 yards I guess, but I’m more interested in him being active for 90% of the season - including the postseason, should it get that far - than reaching stats incentives he could attain while missing roughly half the season.

Moreover, if he does miss time and then return, I don’t want his primary goal in the last week or two, with the playoffs (or even seeding) on the line, to be “I need another 108 yards for a $3MM bonus” rather than the team needs to score points by any means necessary, as the latter could indirectly incentivize him taking off plays that aren’t going his way by design.

So…I still don’t love it.

Thresholds for active games is also an incentive for him to behave like a loyal teammate, since Saleh has already set precedents with sending guys home for acting like a douche even if it’s off the field.

They either want him or they don’t imo.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

If he’s active for 15+ games then sure, tie it to something easily attained like 500 yards I guess, but I’m more interested in him being active for 90% of the season - including the postseason, should it get that far - than reaching stats incentives he could attain while missing roughly half the season.

Moreover, if he does miss time and then return, I don’t want his primary goal in the last week or two, with the playoffs (or even seeding) on the line, to be “I need another 108 yards for a $3MM bonus” rather than the team needs to score points by any means necessary, as the latter could indirectly incentivize him taking off plays that aren’t going his way by design.

So…I still don’t love it.

Thresholds for active games is also an incentive for him to behave like a loyal teammate, since Saleh has already set precedents with sending guys home for acting like a douche even if it’s off the field.

They either want him or they don’t imo.

I agree here. What's stopping OBJ from being a head case even with AR here who he respects if he earns 4 mill more if he hits 800yds and he's not getting targets. You think OBJ is staying quiet? No way. But if his incentive is to play games. Yes he still wants the ball. But every WR does and his pay doesn't depend on it. Him staying healthy depends on it. 

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Well we also got rid of his salary and we get the new player on a 4 year contract but IMHO it was a dumb trade.  I think we sold low.  Further there is no guarantee that the guy we pick will be any good, or better than or equal to Moore.      

It seems like they wanted to get rid of him. As for this kind of trade switching picks getting a higher pick for a lower one I always liked deals that netted you a draft pick. So while the value was a high 3rd round pick they don't gain a selection just get a higher one. A lot of pundits think that pick might be part of a Rodgers deal. There had been rumors that Cleve was interested in obtaining Moore but none about GB having interest in him. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

screw draft leagues.  auction leagues are much better 

in any event, my comment was more about how meaningful is the sample size of drafts held by mid-March to gauge actual ADP?  i would understand the approach in august, or even mid-summer, but in mid-March while nfl free agency is just getting started and before the nfl draft???

I'll be doing a dynasty starup draft in early may as directly after the draft as possible hence why ADP is a factor in march and April. As soon as NFL teams cards are in I'm trying to get my rookie picks in,  while there is still some fog of war that benefits the over obsessed. 

In May/June of last year Dameon Pierce could be had in the 3rd round of rookie drafts by July/ August everyone had caught on and he was being taken mid/late first. A price to rich for me considering mediocre 4th round draft capital.

Feel free to come chat over at the Fantasy Addicts Corner .... we may get accused of hijacking this thread if we keep it up over here ?.

17 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

If OBJ is signed to replace Moore while the 2nd we traded him for is sent to GB along with Corey Davis, while the Jets keep their 1st and 2nd round picks this year…. this is an incredibly good sequence of events for JD. Let’s hope it plays out this way

If there are no additional picks included, I’m ok with this

14 hours ago, BurntDice said:

Come on man. His rookie year he was on the outside a ton and constantly separated. Stop making stuff up. 

6834BAE2-A80C-4CD7-A2FB-93B32A2AD350.png

Sticking with that opinion.  Garrett Wilson proved he was an outside receiver.  I don't think Moore can sustain it.  The sooner he realizes he can play the slot at an elite level, the better off his career will be.  

1 minute ago, football guy said:

A few things: 

1) OBJ is not an absolute shoe-in, but as others have made clear there’s definitely interest. There’s competition for his services from BAL, BUF, KC, NE, SF, among others so it’s going to come down to price and ultimately who OBJ wants to play for. They’re monitoring DeAndre Hopkins as well. 

2) as much as they’re in the veteran receiver market, the Jets currently believe their receiving group as it stands is still one of the strengths of the team. In many ways Mecole is a lateral move for what the Jets are asking for out of that role… that’s not to say Elijah Moore doesn’t have a much higher ceiling, but he was going to be marginalized in this offense no matter what. There’s still optimism it all clicks for Denzel Mims this year as well… if they don’t acquire another vet he’s surely going to get a lot of play as the WR4

3) there are about 4-5 guys who will be under legitimate consideration at 13. If none of those guys are available, watch out for a trade down with the Giants. JSN apparently slated to go somewhere between 12-15, with the Patriots and Packers extremely interested. If the Giants want him, they’ll need to leap ahead of those guys. I don’t get the sense the Jets would draft a receiver at 13 either 

Ugh

7 minutes ago, football guy said:

A few things: 

1) OBJ is not an absolute shoe-in, but as others have made clear there’s definitely interest. There’s competition for his services from BAL, BUF, KC, NE, SF, among others so it’s going to come down to price and ultimately who OBJ wants to play for. They’re monitoring DeAndre Hopkins as well. 

2) as much as they’re in the veteran receiver market, the Jets currently believe their receiving group as it stands is still one of the strengths of the team. In many ways Mecole is a lateral move for what the Jets are asking for out of that role… that’s not to say Elijah Moore doesn’t have a much higher ceiling, but he was going to be marginalized in this offense no matter what. There’s still optimism it all clicks for Denzel Mims this year as well… if they don’t acquire another vet he’s surely going to get a lot of play as the WR4

3) there are about 4-5 guys who will be under legitimate consideration at 13. If none of those guys are available, watch out for a trade down with the Giants. JSN apparently slated to go somewhere between 12-15, with the Patriots and Packers extremely interested. If the Giants want him, they’ll need to leap ahead of those guys. I don’t get the sense the Jets would draft a receiver at 13 either 

Strictly by draft point chart, it would be the Giants' 1st and their 2nd. Minimum.

39 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

Sticking with that opinion.  Garrett Wilson proved he was an outside receiver.  I don't think Moore can sustain it.  The sooner he realizes he can play the slot at an elite level, the better off his career will be.  

Sticking with the opinion that he can’t get separation on the outside when it’s 100% incorrect? You do you I guess man 

4 hours ago, choon328 said:

He asked to be traded through his agent. Then when the team said no he put his head down and worked his ass off. Moore quite literally did the exact opposite. 

Also, Mims did it in preseason, Moore did it after a 5 game win streak.

Which one produced more  ,, even with the QB and OC situation.   Even after apologizing to teammates and coaches he still got froze out in games .

2 hours ago, football guy said:

A few things: 

What’s going on with Jeremy Ruckert? Were the jets disappointed in his development last year? Will he get a chance to start this year? Conklin/CJ are jags, imo. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BurntDice said:

Sticking with the opinion that he can’t get separation on the outside when it’s 100% incorrect? You do you I guess man 

I saw a guy who was man-handled at the line when tried to line up outside, and who half-assed his routes.  His tape this past year was not that great.  

8 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

I saw a guy who was man-handled at the line when tried to line up outside, and who half-assed his routes.  His tape this past year was not that great.  

He was in the slot most of the time this year. Half asking his routes because he’s frustrated doesn’t mean he can’t separate. People who have watched his tape and make metrics off of it have said that’s he’s an elite separator on the outside. 

1 hour ago, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

Which one produced more  ,, even with the QB and OC situation.   Even after apologizing to teammates and coaches he still got froze out in games .

Moore lost the locker room vets with his nonsense, there was no coming back from that

4 hours ago, Barton said:

What’s going on with Jeremy Ruckert? Were the jets disappointed in his development last year? Will he get a chance to start this year? Conklin/CJ are jags, imo. 

They see him as CJ Uzomah’s potential successor as an TE-F. He developed fine there just aren’t enough snaps to go around. He’ll get a lot more play this year if he isn’t included in the Rodgers deal as a sweetener

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, football guy said:

They see him as CJ Uzomah’s potential successor as an TE-F. He developed fine there just aren’t enough snaps to go around. He’ll get a lot more play this year if he isn’t included in the Rodgers deal as a sweetener

Would hate if he is included !! He looks like he is working hard and we cent just keep getting rid of the young kids . 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, football guy said:

A few things: 

Who do you believe those 4-5 guys to be?

3 hours ago, football guy said:

no way he gets moved. I'll resign.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I’d be pretty devastated 

he really needs to get a chance here 

I bought his jersey last year, and haven't even taken it out of the shipping package -- in fear that this would happen... the last 3 i've bought have resulted in immediate immolation (Geno, Sam, Bryce Hall)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

I bought his jersey last year, and haven't even taken it out of the shipping package -- in fear that this would happen... the last 3 i've bought have resulted in immediate immolation (Geno, Sam, Bryce Hall)

Buy a Zach Wilson jersey. We will chip in to reimburse you.

• Post of the Week 1

18 hours ago, BurntDice said:

He was in the slot most of the time this year. Half asking his routes because he’s frustrated doesn’t mean he can’t separate. People who have watched his tape and make metrics off of it have said that’s he’s an elite separator on the outside. 

Fair enough, it may be that his effort waned because he was frustrated, but that is a problem in and of itself.  Look, I think he is uber talented.  Maybe it's youth, but he'll find himself out of the league or on one year minimums if he doesn't prove more resilient against the ups and downs of being on an nfl roster.  It's worrisome that all this played out at the end of only his second year.  We'll see if he can turn it around. 

13 hours ago, maury77 said:

Who do you believe those 4-5 guys to be?

I’m just playing match-maker, but guess is Will Anderson, Tyree Wilson, Jalen Carter, Peter Skoronski, and probably Paris Johnson. Other guys worth monitoring are Lukas Van Ness, Nolan Smith, Broderick Jones, Darnell Wright, and Calijah Kancey. Main point: they’re going to have 4-to-5 guys that they determine are worthy of being selected in that spot, and if they’re all gone they’ll aggressively try to move down.  

One Jets scout whose voice matters when it comes to OL compares Peter Skoronski to Elgton Jenkins—essentially someone they believe can play all 5 line spots at a high level. I don’t know where he lands on the board but I figure they will have him high. Same person really likes Darnell Wright’s toughness and mean streak. No direct info on the others but I’m just guessing that Paris Campbell is looked at as a clean, high floor prospect that can play G or T and is well rounded, whereas Broderick Jones is more of a high ceiling guy who needs a lot of work as a run blocker.

• Upvote 1